• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
3k is well above average despite of what everybody says

Percentages for mmr likely haven't changed much since we originally saw the numbers from Valve a few years ago. I would be very surprised if the median of 2250 has shifted 100 mmr in either direction. 5k is most likely the new 4k and 6k+ you start approaching <1% of the playerbase.

shira

THIS TREASURE

blog_wttim.png

All Keeper of the Light mounts have now been tagged as 'Expired' and are now not marketable, tradeable, craftable, deleteable but are giftable. This is in regards to the change mentioned in the blog post above. You are most likely given new items of the same.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They turned disraptor into storm, riding a storm raptor.

Hylian7

IHL games this weekend:

Procarbine vs 1.09 - 2/18 (tomorrow) 8pm EST
Admin: TUSR
Caster: Likely me

Red UFO vs Spruchy - 2/19 3pm EST
Admin: HylianSeven
Caster: HylianSeven

Madouu vs Gofu - 2/19 5:30pm EST
Admin: HylianSeven
Caster: HylianSeven (if anyone wants to cast this one, feel free, otherwise I will)

Kard8p3

Gave this game another try recently and its waaaaay better now than the first time I tried it a while back.... I'm still not high enough level to play ranked yet tho.

Ranked is hard as fuck lmao, but then again I only have like 30 hours in the game.

XAL

Rare sets continue to be the worst possible thing.

It's gambling.

Treasures are slot machines with some level of guaranteed payout.

They literally have a roulette wheel for battle passes.

There isn't even a currency system like Overwatch so you can pick what you want to buy on the "rare" spectrum of items. Either you continue throwing money at it or give up and buy it off of marketplace at a premium.

The extremely rare sets go for $60-120 bucks per chest per major.

Percentages for mmr likely haven't changed much since we originally saw the numbers from Valve a few years ago. I would be very surprised if the median of 2250 has shifted 100 mmr in either direction. 5k is most likely the new 4k and 6k+ you start approaching <1% of the playerbase.

If percentages didn't shift, how would 5k be the new 4k? MMR is a zero sum game with some inflationary but also deflationary processes.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
you can spread out the top ~5% pretty significantly without changing the bottom significantly.
Exactly. League has worked the same way. Silver 4 has been the 50th percentile for years but gold 5 went from being the top 15th percentile to the top 25th.

Gaaraz

Guys, can you please tell me how I could've countered a very fed Anti-Mage in https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3005665582this game as Necrophos please?

The obvious answer is that we should've finished faster and gone all out to take their last barracks, but it was really tough against their lineup and Techies had bombs all over that lane and barracks.

The real problem however was Anti-Mage, we just couldn't deal with him at all, and once both him and Juggernaut used their Mantas it got so chaotic that I didn't feel entirely confident using my ulti, none of us knew who to focus, and they wrecked our base so quickly :(

Red UFO

Guys, can you please tell me how I could've countered a very fed Anti-Mage in https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3005665582this game as Necrophos please?

The obvious answer is that we should've finished faster and gone all out to take their last barracks, but it was really tough against their lineup and Techies had bombs all over that lane and barracks.

The real problem however was Anti-Mage, we just couldn't deal with him at all, and once both him and Juggernaut used their Mantas it got so chaotic that I didn't feel entirely confident using my ulti, none of us knew who to focus, and they wrecked our base so quickly :(

Your team need lock-down and wave clear late game. Necro needed shivas and/or sheepstick, LS needed basher at bare minimum.

Gaaraz

Thanks! That's a great shout, I was reluctant to get a sheep stick because I would've been in the same position of not knowing who to target as I had with my ulti, but Shivas could have been amazing! I'll know for next time, thank you :)

Artanisix

Hat News update
- Jugg Arcana is a mask with 3 styles that upgrade like Monkey King Arcana https://redd.it/5uoao0
- Jakiro remodel possible https://redd.it/5uoao0
- Tsukumo bunny will have a particle/infuser upgrade sent free of charge to the account that redeemed the Tsukumo code https://redd.it/5uqp8q
- limited quantities Mirana Statue for sale http://valvestore.welovefine.com/mirana-princess-of-the-moon-collectible-statue-12070.html SOLD OUT

went for sale 2am in te fucking morning im done

statue is like $200 on ebay without code, that makes me less salty. should go down more in the coming weeks

Kade

IHL makes me want to play Dota again but then I saw a whole team teleport directly onto two bear using Lycan wolves last night and changed my mind.

dont do it

I played 2 games this past week.

Game 1. Guy picks SS into Nyx and AM. K. I roam as BH hoping we can win some fights and snowball. SS loses mid so hard and starts crying. He gets a 30 minute Orchid, then spends 20 minutes diving into them and finally farms a BKB. Troll, Jakiro, Mag, and I all force favorable fights and take advantage of Track Gold to stay in it until we can pick of AM and force enough buy backs to win. Game was straight fury.

Game 2. Our Pudge decides to roam and dive into them at level 3 or 4, then rage, feed twice, and feed our courier twice making it really hard for us to do anything for the first 10 minutes. Then he decides to stop complaining and we immediately start stomping them.

Two games that without insane levels of toxicity probably would have been easy 25 minute wins, but nope. Everyone's gotta whine and complain. Back to Gem TD for me.

I played 2 games this past week.

Game 1. Guy picks SS into Nyx and AM. K. I roam as BH hoping we can win some fights and snowball. SS loses mid so hard and starts crying. He gets a 30 minute Orchid, then spends 20 minutes diving into them and finally farms a BKB. Troll, Jakiro, Mag, and I all force favorable fights and take advantage of Track Gold to stay in it until we can pick of AM and force enough buy backs to win. Game was straight fury.

Game 2. Our Pudge decides to roam and dive into them at level 3 or 4, then rage, feed twice, and feed our courier twice making it really hard for us to do anything for the first 10 minutes. Then he decides to stop complaining and we immediately start stomping them.

Two games that without insane levels of toxicity probably would have been easy 25 minute wins, but nope. Everyone's gotta whine and complain. Back to Gem TD for me.

have you considered playing solo vs bots

have you considered playing solo vs bots

What ever became of the big push for community developed bots? Are those available? I feel like I never heard anything about them after the announcement. If there are bots that don't suck or make insanely questionable decisions then just maybe.

Top Bottom