• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espada

Indeed. Those old days....

I'm curious when we will see next new batches of pokemon? I forget how long we had to wait for next new pokemon news for BW.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next batch of pokemon are revealed in CoroCoro in a month or two.

Escape Goat said:
Do they just have regular Pokemon like Pikachu and Charizard? I was never a Pokemon fan but if I were to play a game it would have to have those Generation 1 critters in it.

Well, we see some Gen 1 pokemon like Psyduck and Dratini in there.

PokéKong

Fennekin will obviously become some big pretty Ninetails sorta thing, Froakie will be some fat majestic naruto toad, it’s much less obvious what Chespin will become. If it’s true that its also Dark type, then that hoodie thing is probably supposed to represent a Japanese style thief’s kerchief, and might turn into something resembling a cool bandit hat in later evolutions.

Indeed. Those old days....

I'm curious when we will see next new batches of pokemon? I forget how long we had to wait for next new pokemon news for BW.

Corocoro may have some next week, but since it'll be the first announcement in the magazine, it'll probably just be a recap of what we already know plus heights, weights, classifications etc and some new screens.

Otherwise, it'll be the next issue releasing in February, probably. Unless Nintendo is completely changing how they distribute info for these games due to the world wide release.

TheOGB

Banned
Thought on possible starter evolution?
R0OKg.png
awwwww shit

Teknoman

PokéKong;46216539 said:
Fennekin will obviously become some big pretty Ninetails sorta thing, Froakie will be some fat majestic naruto toad, it’s much less obvious what Chespin will become. If it’s true that its also Dark type, then that hoodie thing is probably supposed to represent a Japanese style thief’s kerchief, and might turn into something resembling a cool bandit hat in later evolutions.

So basically, no matter what happens, Chespin will look the best.

Rubius

PokéKong;46216539 said:

Well Ninetails is a "demon" in Japan so I doubt we will see something like Ninetails.
Probably something like Giant ears, fire tail.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So does anyone still think that going for 3d models was a bad idea?

They can do so much with 3d models compared to sprites. Plus they just look more alive and nice :)

injurai

Banned

They can do so much with 3d models compared to sprites. Plus they just look more alive and nice :)

It will be a rough transition seeing the classic pokemon rendered in 3D. But I think the new ones will look at home, and we will all adapt with time.

Teknoman

The way they look cel shaded, actually make contact, and see to have a decent range of animation, makes me thinking there arent too many downsides to finally going 3D now.

DNA/Chromosomes...I hope Deoxys makes a come back.

I don't believe in Z, though it would make some sense. I hope they're done with the third version. On the starter side, I've always loved the fire ones, but if Chespin is Grass/Insect...

2014: Red 2 / Green 2 Please make it happen Game Freak.

Rubius

Well the 3D Pokedex Pro was probably for that. And it worked pretty well. Cant wait to see Bulbazaur in 3D.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It was the best option unless they were going to go for some really highly detailed Muramasa quality sprite work. Which would never happen given how many god damn Pokemon there are now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The way they look cel shaded, actually make contact, and see to have a decent range of animation, makes me thinking there arent too many downsides to finally going 3D now.

DNA/Chromosomes...I hope Deoxys makes a come back.

Deoxys evolution? Or mewtwo fusion? :lol

Gravijah

I don't believe in Z, though it would make some sense. I hope they're done with the third version. On the starter side, I've always loved the fire ones, but if Chespin is Grass/Insect...

2014: Red 2 / Green 2 Please make it happen Game Freak.

Z doesn't have to be a third version, look at Kyurem & Black 2/White 2.

Red 2/Green 2 also already happened and it was called Gold/Silver.

Andrefpvs

Are you guys planning to go on a reasonable media blackout from now on so you can go as fresh as possible into the games?

I mean, I want to know more, but this is the first opportunity since Gen I to really be surprised by what's new since there will hopefully be no Japanese version spoilers at launch! (Worldwide launch fuck yeah!)

Also, this time they may actually manage to hide end-of-Dex Pokémon like Mew once again :D

Grakl

Are you guys planning to go on a reasonable media blackout from now on so you can go as fresh as possible into the games (worldwide launch fuck yeah!)?
I mean, I want to know more, but this is the first opportunity since Gen I to really be surprised by what's new since there will hopefully be no Japanese version spoilers at launch!

Also, this time they may actually manage to hide end-of-Dex Pokémon like Mew once again :D

nope

I'll eat everything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom