• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files third trademark application for "The Last Guardian"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On March 12, 2015, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC filed in USA its third trademark application for "The Last Guardian". It is a basic 1(b) application (application based on intent to use) for computer game software. The filing entered the Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System (TRAM) of the USPTO yesterday, on March 16, and reads as follows:

Word Mark THE LAST GUARDIAN
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Computer game software for personal computers and home video game consoles; Video and computer game programs; Video game software
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86562687
Filing Date March 12, 2015
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 2207 Bridgepointe PKWY San Mateo CALIFORNIA 94404
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86562687&docId=FTK20150316074504

The previous application (U.S. serial number 85700141), which was recently abandoned (due to an administrative error) and then revived, is still live and Sony can in around five months request one more extension of time to file a Statement of Use. This new application is most likely just a protective measure/continuation, though goods and services differ ever so slightly:

New application:

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Computer game software for personal computers and home video game consoles; Video and computer game programs; Video game software

Previous application:

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software and video game software
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Operating a real-time game for others over a global and local area computer networks

This new filing is handled by Lindsey Anne Mohle (RIHC, The State Bar of California) who took over after Kiphanie Radford, plus Anthony Justman (Senior Director, Legal & Business Affairs at Sony), just like with the previous application.

Not overly hot news, but thought it could be newsworthy still as it shows Sony intends to do something with this game.

tumblr_n4iierxtrb1rj1j9ro3_250.gif

FranXico

So, they are still investing on the trademark? Maybe not quite as dead as we thought.

Here we go again.

『Inaba Resident』;156268174 said:
Do people seriously think this game is dead?
I'm positive its coming.

After 8+ years in development I am not positive about anything in regards to the game, its release, or even what it is anymore.

iammeiam

The part of me that should be reassured by any indicator of TLG still being a thing appears to be dead. I am numb to this news.

Anyone who still thinks the game is dead is beyond saving right now. You don't keep registering trademarks for dead/cancelled/non-existent games.

Pillville

You realize this game is much better as a myth.
Nothing they can actually release can live up to the hype and expectations.

GlamFM

Banned
At this point I just want the game to come out and completely suck - so everybody loses.

What a nightmare....

Mohonky

『Inaba Resident』;156268174 said:
Do people seriously think this game is dead?
I'm positive its coming.

I can't possibly think of any reason anyone sane would think this game is dead.........

Drencrom

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Computer game software for personal computers and home video game consoles; Video and computer game programs; Video game software

They added this in the new application

TLG GETTING RELEASED ON THE PS STORE AS IT'S RE-REVEALED AT E3: CONFIRMED!

Ishan

I wonder how gaff will react when we find out it's f2p with microtransactions mp only where you control the guards trying to stop the carbirdthingy on randomly generated dungeons

PopFisto

Banned
Sony canceled this once, and changed their minds immediately, I think because they were on a roll, and decided they would not tolerate any bad press.

But, this is a huge mistake. We've barely seen any of this game, and most people whether they realise it, are already sick of this game. It's been in development too long, and it was shown to us too many times too early. It feels like, been there, done that.

Theres no game they can create that would be good enough to compensate for all of that baggage, and for the expectations. It's also got to be one of the most expensive games ever made, conceived over 3 generations of consoles now?

DieH@rd

Banned
Over the last two years, Yoshida, other SCE higher-ups and old TeamIco members have mentioned several times that TLG project is still actively worked on in Studio Japan.

The game will come out.

Top Bottom