• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
blame space said:
In what ways did you find it flawed?
Mission structure.
General lack of things of to do outside of screwing around.

Chrange

Banned
voltron said:
Why is everyone acting so surprised about this announcement? I 100% expected it based on the last few weeks. Would have been stunned if it wasnt announced.

So, is ANYONE thinking this will drop this year?

Seeing as it was announced for 2010 and it's currently 2009, I'm guessing very few.

Guys! Found out it has 4 player co-op and multiplayer up to 16 people!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/crackdown2/

Afbeelding1-3.png

GhaleonEB said:
Holy crap. 0_0

Also, I finally watched the direct feed trailer. I couldn't hear it during the live conference, but staring the the video with the black screen and the sound of an agility orb throbbing was a stroke of genius. Everyone who played the game knows what that sound is.
Yeah, I recognised it almost immeadiately. I was scream CRACKDOWN CRACKDOWN CRACKDOWN in the chatroom :lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm glad that the IP is staying with a Scottish developer. Thank you, Microsoft. :)

Gowans

Crackdown with 4 player co-op is awesome, hope you can jsut mess around as much as the first.

16 vs could be awesome (hope they do it better than the open world vs have been so far).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
o_O 16 player crackdown
sweet, guess ill never have to buy any other game again

Gowans007 said:
16 vs could be awesome (hope they do it better than the open world vs have been so far).
Since my main complaint about multiplayer open world games is how hard it is to move around the city and people (GTA mainly) I think that given the nature of crackdown (running faster than cars, hopping 100s of yards) it will just be better by default.

jax (old)

Banned
soldat7 said:

looks quite good but I don't know about the loss of that cartoony artstyle in favour of this photorealistic treatment. Still, I'm excited! Thanks for the pics. Missed it during the IGNstream fuckup

Lakitu

st5fu
It looks like a different city to the first one which would explain why it's still cel-shaded but much more grittier.

Mohonky

RpgN said:
uhhhmmm...

Let's see the rest first.

The first crackdown had Halo 3 beta, right?

Are you trying to say people enjoyed Crackdown because it had the Halo 3 beta? Newsflash; make a Crackdown thread around these parts and watch the jizz fly. The game is fantastic.

AkuMifune

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
One of the THE best game of 360.

What's with monster? Don't wanna fight monster in my city.

Nah, it's cool. Killing hundreds of gang members at a time is fun, but I was always hoping for a more significant villain. I think I would still prefer rogue agents or something, but I'll take a badass monster like the hulk that can jump around the city in huge leaps killing civilians and whatnot.

AMUSIX

Trailer was great...but missing something major....

"...our enemies have nowhere to run. Just remember, neither do you, Agent."

Shaneus

Can anyone tell if that's the same narrator from the first one?

I'm gonna start randomly rolling off his lines.

"How many times must I say it? Do. NOT. KILL. CIVILIANS!"

Can anyone find me footage of the announcement where they play the orb sound and the crowd goes ballistic?

xbhaskarx

AMUSIX said:

Was the narrator guy even the same person as the original game? I couldn't really tell...

I'm not sure what to think of the monsters. I'd be okay with it as long as it supplemented gang members with superhuman powers...

Nolan.

AMUSIX said:

I was trying to figure out if it was even the same guy from the last game (the announcer's voice). I hope he's back because he was awesome. Also the co-op is going to be utter carnage you're going to have people probably stacking stuff again (except in more numbers) and just demolishing Pacific city, should be a lot of explosive fun.

ckohler

Skilotonn said:
4 player co-op in Crackdown 2? I don't think any other sandbox game could ever top that.
The trailer does show four agents standing together. I so hope that's another sign it's true!

Can't wait. After so much juggling of the IP and original developers I'm glad it landed somewhere and is being developed.

The new darker tone will be interesting to say the least. Good to see they still have a cel-shaded look.

Flavius

Awesome!

But I have to ask...forgive me, could be the lack of caffeine this early in the morning, but...that was just a sizzle reel, right? We didn't see anything using the in-game engine, did we?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Flavius said:
Awesome!

But I have to ask...forgive me, could be the lack of caffeine this early in the morning, but...that was just a sizzle reel, right? We didn't see anything using the in-game engine, did we?

yeah, twas all cgi. doesn't matter though. confirmation of this title's existence is all I need right now

FFChris

Maybe bullet time will be one of the new powers, the trailer certainally had a distinct bullet time part to it.

Buckethead said:
Not a fan of the Prototype/InFamous "dark" look to the game....
Who knows, could be awesome, but that's a big turnoff.
inFamous is just as bright (and dark) as the original Crackdown, which if you've played it you'd remember there day and night cycle.

I don't doubt that Crackdown 2 won't have a day and night as well, plus some more atmosphere effects or what not.

Also, if you look at the characters in those screens they still have that comic-book outline to them, like the original :D

Tokubetsu

xenorevlis said:
inFamous is just as bright (and dark) as the original Crackdown, which if you've played it you'd remember there day and night cycle.

I don't doubt that Crackdown 2 won't have a day and night as well, plus some more atmosphere effects or what not.

Also, if you look at the characters in those screens they still have that comic-book outline to them, like the original :D

Going even further, if Crackdown 2 is a little darker that means it just picks up where the 1st left off.

a.wd

Ok, now I have stopped gibbering...

I dont want them to change the structure too much, I think the freedom to do things as you want is part of the charm of the first game (leveling one characters agility all the way up and then just going for all the area kingpins with a stolen rocket launcher = epic), But maybe something like prototypes adding stuff together thing would be cool I guess. Some want story some dont maybe cater for both?

Agent V Agent sounds like awesome fun teams of 8v8 throwing barrels like mortars over buildings. Or one agent launching a barrel to the top of a building and another roundhousing it towards an enemy base, again awesome. for the multiplayer side there are loads of cool stuff that they could do.

However, do not get rid of single player. Maybe make the companions bot based, but do not get rid searching for orbs and just finding cool shit to do works just as well alone.

any way I think that i'll go back to gibbering...

soldat7

chase said:
Give me a better storyline to play through and I'm in.
Crackdown 2 is the premier open-ended action experience that lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a vast city....explore, destroy and play as you return to restore justice and peace to Pacific City - by any means necessary.

That's all the story I need (but more varied missions would be good).

Tieno

It needs some of the staples of the first Crackdown

-The voice over announcer guy commenting on what you're doing
-Orbs sound
-The artstyle
-Jumping like a madman, feeling powerful

Apart from that, they can do what they want.

I'm in for either camp on the plot. They wanna throw in some sort of plot? sure. They wanna do it like the first game: "THERE ARE SOME BAD GUYS. KILL THEM." then I wouldn't mind either. <3 Crackdown, day 1. 4 player co-op? 16 player versus? OH HELL YEAH

Tieno said:

-Orbs sound
-The artstyle

Well they crammed all of that into the teaser, so i am pretty sure they are aware of that.

NaviLink

Since Ruffian Games have Crackdown devs in their team, I'm pretty confident.
I'm just curious about the "monster chasing agents" mysterious part.
But both cooperative and competitive multiplayer (like APB it seems, hello realtime worlds), I'm sold. Please, get it out for 09.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Tieno said:

-Orbs sound
-The artstyle

The voice over guy was shit, he always said shit that was irrelevant or that was about 5 mins too late.

Top Bottom