• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto: PS3 Project site opens [2 images]

Linkzg said:
not to knock Kishi or anything like that, but the best in the anime was quite different than in the manga, most of you who read/watch naruto should also consider this best fight so I wont even mention who was involved in it or where it took place.

but I think the main problem with Shippuden and why it sucks so much is because they add to the 'check up' scenes, but luckily there arent really any more of those anymore for a while in the anime. The manga is getting better, but I am just hoping it doesnt drag on, I am still waiting for the eventual
chapter or more about how Pain changed and blah blah all that stuff.

the last few recent chapters after the break have been drawn much better than before, there are even some textless pages!!!

And to make it clear, when I talk about Naruto, I'm never speaking about the anime. I will admit without any doubt that Shippuden started out horribly. Worse than any anime in a long, long time. 31 chapters in 33 episodes? Fuck no. That's just trash. They were mostly really badly animated (with the exception of ONE episode). I realy hope it gets better...

Now an HxH game on a next gen system that's online? That would be mind blowing. Seriously. I don't lke the manga much but it would work as an online game. My god would that work well.

Deadly Monk said:
I don't really get the love for HxH, it has no depth. It's like One Piece but without the wink-wink over the top action. Guess I get bored of just eye candy. That's a topic in itself so let's not drag it out here.

I just want my high def Part 2 games. And I want this game to come out next year but I doubt it.

I dont think there will be a Shippuden game in HD for a while, what im hoping is that this S3 Naruto game goes through the entire Part 1 of the Naruto story and touches into Part 2, then it has an online mode with characters from both parts of Naruto to play as.

if it does turn out to be a Phantom Dust style arena fighter with multiple characters, that would just be fantastic.

Deadly Monk said:
Now an HxH game on a next gen system that's online? That would be mind blowing. Seriously. I don't lke the manga much but it would work as an online game. My god would that work well.

hell, I would take a Greed Island game at this point. Hunter X Hunter would make the perfect game just based around how it is setup, you dont even need to be playing as Gon or anyone.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
HAL_Laboratory said:
This is a game? Jesus... looks like a friggin traditionally animated cartoon. Very nice!

Actually it looks BETTER than most Shippuuden fight scenes so far.

Linkzg said:
I dont think there will be a Shippuden game in HD for a while, what im hoping is that this S3 Naruto game goes through the entire Part 1 of the Naruto story and touches into Part 2, then it has an online mode with characters from both parts of Naruto to play as.

if it does turn out to be a Phantom Dust style arena fighter with multiple characters, that would just be fantastic.

hell, I would take a Greed Island game at this point. Hunter X Hunter would make the perfect game just based around how it is setup, you dont even need to be playing as Gon or anyone.

It probably will cover all of Part 1, they won't cut off at some odd point. You and your PD obsession...

I can imagine running around in the HxH world and encountering Gon. You create your own character of course. And it's fully online. Fully.

Zoe

This game better make it past episode 80 >_<

BudokaiMR2 said:
KAKASHI GAIDEN!!!!!

Still my favorite part of the manga.

QFTMFT. It has yet to be animated, and there's a very high likelihood that it never will be (they missed their chance unless they do an OAV). It takes up almost all of volume 27 for anybody who wants to read it.

Otherwise the anime is pretty faithful although it has the tendency to dumb down the characters (particularly Naruto and Jiraiya) to take up time with gags.

reilo said:
Actually it looks BETTER than most Shippuuden fight scenes so far.

personally I thought the
Gai vs Kisame fight
was done much better in Accel than in Shippuden: Spoiler filled cutscene from Naruto Accel on PS2.

Deadly Monk said:
It probably will cover all of Part 1, they won't cut off at some odd point. You and your PD obsession...

I can imagine running around in the HxH world and encountering Gon. You create your own character of course. And it's fully online. Fully.

its not so much a PD obsession, it is just that PD did free roaming arena combat right, that is a rare thing (althought it is easier to pull off with mechs).

and if The Crossing takes off on PC, that would be a good way to do a HxH game, but now this is going totally off the point of the topic, this is about enough talk about how HxH is awesome. One final thing, a One Piece game would also be cool online, steal Wind Wakers sailing and its all good.

Linkzg said:
the Narutimate Hero games have awesome special attack scenes and cutscenes, NH3 special attack scenes put most scenes of the anime to shame.

Sasuke lovers will drool over Accel 2. His attacks will be superb im sure :p

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Linkzg said:
personally I thought the
Gai vs Kisame fight
was done much better in Accel than in Shippuden: Spoiler filled cutscene from Naruto Accel on PS2.

Dude, that's some WIN right there. The cutscene is at a smooth framerate (30 or 60fps? which is much more than most Anime shows anyway, even if just 30FPS), and the animation of the limbs and character movement is superior, too. Plus a ton of real 3D animations!

hmmm, Im not sure how people think those screens look really impressive...look good but eh....

Not so into Naruto as in past times though...One piece is a far superior piece of work, but Im not to bothered about seeing that as a game either (except a quality fighter, hasnt been done yet)...Still if its decent I might check, they better update the combat mechanics though.

No hating on HXH either, the last chapter might have been a bit filler pants, but Im not sure how a Naruto fan can say that series lacks depth... Compared to what? Naruto???

Apocryphon

The 360 game is gorgeous...

2zdsraw.gif

2emzfbq.gif

kapye1.gif

1g4uhx.gif

34ex7bd.gif

...why is it so hard to believe the PS3 game won't be an improvement?

Ezduo said:
Looks better than the 360 version to me (at least the characters do anyway).

damn at the motion blur on Naruto's foot, that's pretty cool

I have to agree. The anime art style looks a little more crisp on the PS3. Although the Xbox 360 game is nothing to complain about.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
White Man said:
So when does the Naruto show "get bad?" And does it stay bad, or does it just go through a fillery period? Are there any blocks of eps I should just skip?

I'm a busy lad, so I'll cut the fat in order to maximize my enjoyment.
IMO you should watch:
1) The very beginning (episodes 1 to 5)
2) The second story arc (episodes 20 to 67)

That's it. The rest is pure suck. It's unbearable if you're used to AAA+, high production values, short and concentrated stuff like me.

f@luS

More than a member.
It does look much much better than the 360 game i hope its ingame but somehow i doubt a bit

Darkpen

Banned
SpudBud said:
Nah-Ruh-Toe is awesome, am I right?
Please pronounce it like a normal person, which is "Nah<stress>Roo-Toe." I don't understand where the fucking english dub gets this "NAHruhto"bullshit.

Trip Warhawkins said:
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, LOOK AT THE SHADING, MOTION BLUR, AND ANIMATION O_O

Jesus fucking christ...

This... THIS is the perfection I was waiting for. I'm sorry, but Naruto's hair in the 360 version game bothers the shit out of me. THIS is how you shade hair properly in an anime game! OH my god.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Yea I think this might be my first next gen Naruto game, hopefully all the characters will be in this one, Especially Orochimaru's 5 sound ninja.

"We have a winner". It's a fantastic concept, just add some depth to the card system, add training, RPG elements and real time combat and it's Goty.

BlackGoku03 said:
Really, as long as you aren't watching the English dub, nothing is wrong with liking Naruto.

Yeah

But.. I stopped watching after the story arc that sasuke was in, around episode 136. just before the filler episodes began.

RobertM

DKnight said:
Wait a second... the trailer says "PROJECT BEGINS 2008". How come the game looks almost finished?
it's CG
Are you trying to say that's not possible to achieve? Can't wait for you to get Narutowned.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
_dementia said:
Yeah, I stated this on page 1 but no one reads. It's a target render.
Somehow I managed to dodge your post; sorry:lol

RobertM said:
Are you trying to say that's not possible to achieve? Can't wait for you to get Narutowned.
No I'm not saying that. That's probably doable... but you guys are going OMFG on the graphics when these are just renders, and we don't know if the game will look anything like that.

DKnight said:
Wait a second... the trailer says "PROJECT BEGINS 2008". How come the game looks almost finished?
it's CG

Lol... Do you really think they meant they're gonna start working on the game in 2008? oO

KurowaSan

here is a much better version of the trailer
http://stage6.divx.com/user/Parn1024/video/1700511/Naruto-Ps3-Project-TGS-2007

rgh1194541149q.gif

about the trailer and screenshots being cg... umm... i really don't care, at least we all agree it's doable, but, has CC2 actually said "yeah, that's a target CG render"? if they did, then fine, or are we just trying to read too much into the " 'Naruto PS3 project' project begins 2008".

this is my personal opinion, and somehow i feel like when i was saying RE DS had pre rendered backgrounds and a couple of FFXIII scenes were done in the suposed real time engine and everyone was saying otherwise, but a trailer with barely one finished stage (a battle ring with trees blocky enough to make me believe that's real time), another one of which we only see two brown rock (and almost flat) walls and a the other one which is just a corner of the Konoha village with some villagers who don't even have a single animation (yeah, i checked :lol ); and now throw in 4 characters doing the same animation over and over and over again... (and just like in the series, Sakura is... just there :lol ) if anything, to me, it looks like "yeah, this is what we've done so far and gameplay is gonna be something like this"

i wouldn't be surprised if we were told that characters have less polygons than their 360 version, i don't think it's about how great the graphics are but how great they look

aaaanyway... with all those side steps and jumps, i get the feeling they are going to make the gameplay similar to the DBZ Tenkaichi series.

bfi1194541063h.gif

Zoe

KurowaSan said:
about the trailer and screenshots being cg... umm... i really don't care, at least we all agree it's doable, but, has CC2 actually said "yeah, that's a target CG render"? if they did, then fine, or are we just trying to read too much into the " 'Naruto PS3 project' project begins 2008".

Yes, when the pictures in the OP were first published in a magazine, there was a disclaimer that said they were target renders.

KurowaSan

Zoe said:
Yes, when the pictures in the OP were first published in a magazine, there was a disclaimer that said they were target renders.

oh, seems i missed that, there's no room for discussion then. It should get pretty close to it, anyway.

The ps3 pics looks really good but i'm not going to say anything else untill we see ingame stuff or confirmation that the game realy does look like that. Few too many games pull this kind of thing off for hype.

*edit* Theres parts in the 360 naruto that look amazing, any new cell shaded game coming out now is going to look just as stellar if not better because of better code etc.

DKnight said:
No I'm not saying that. That's probably doable... but you guys are going OMFG on the graphics when these are just renders, and we don't know if the game will look anything like that.

This all reminds me of Wind Waker. You had those early renders at the E3 show, but in the end the game actually looked better. The character was essentially the same with a few slight touches to give it that animated feel, but everything else ended up looking more vibrant and solid than the early render could have imagined.

Your right, it may not look anything like this... it could look better. All that really matters is they've already seemed to have nailed the look of the show. (Almost looks better in some cases) There's only room for improvement, and considering how little they've shown of the game there's not that much it needs to do other than to show us more!

celda11.jpg
zelda_screen045.jpg

celda5.jpg
zeldawindgc_111502_1.jpg

celda16.jpg
z_screen011.jpg

Interactive Cartoon
Naruto looks to be the next.

zeldaww_0324_screen198.jpg
zelda_screen076.jpg
zeldaww_0324_screen008.jpg
zeldaww_0324_screen182.jpg

CC2 is really the king of Cel-Shading.The .hack//G.U. games(and the up and coming //g.u trilogy movie) and the naruto games should have made that clear.I have no doubt in my mind that the game can(and will?) look as good as those target renders videos.

dfyb

Banned
:lol at everyone saying they're not in-game. just look at the anigifs from the trailer -- obviously in-game. i don't know why you guys don't think CC2 is capable of out-doing ubisoft at graphics for an anime game. some of you are so sad.

"project begins 2008" means a 2008 release. some of you think that meant development starts in 2008? :lol

KurowaSan

Zoe said:

Says they're not.

doesn't it say the pictures come from a game which is still in developement?

maybe they are target renders after all using game assets, but from "still under development" to "target renders" there's a bit of a stretch.

Well yea... I wasn't interested in getting the 360 version of this game much, but now I'm intersested in BOTH.

If it's not the same game, I'll likely end up with both of them. :D

Dali

White Man said:
So when does the Naruto show "get bad?" And does it stay bad, or does it just go through a fillery period? Are there any blocks of eps I should just skip?

I'm a busy lad, so I'll cut the fat in order to maximize my enjoyment.

Another poster said the filler starts at 136... so I'd say it gets bad after 136 (that includes Shippuden). I like the Naruto games, but I hate Naruto with a passion. Even amongst the episodes that could be considered good - when I first started watching - I hated the character, the world full of anachronisms, the whole fucking premise. Between episode 1-136 there are only three, yes three, well-done, well animated fight scenes. For some reason I keep watching, though. I feel like Phil Hartman in that episode of Newsradio where he couldn't stop eating the disgusting expired sandwiches from the vending machine.

Do yourself a favor, White Man, don't start watching this crap. Just stick to the games.

On topic: I wish people would read the thread. Those pics are very likely not in game. Production isn't even supposed to start until 2008.

KingJ2002

i just got into naturo... but after playing the 360 game (still have to complete the fetch quests) im looking forward to the next gen naruto stuff...

and considering how well it's done... i hope they do some stuff with bleach too.

Top Bottom