• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

Qvoth

frontal view of the limited edition rathalos ps4pro
DKYB7iBVAAE3FQU.jpg:large

those icons are the symbols of the research expedition fleet, you're the 5th

Theswweet

Fuuuuuccclkk

I dont think Ill be able to swing this guy and I hear its exclusive to Japan for the time being

damn shame I hope Sony finds a way to make it happen over seas

Yuri at Capcom said they have nothing to announce, but didn't say it's 100% Japan exclusive. Might end up getting announced at PSX and release at the game's launch in the west. Here's hoping!

Akiller

Still calling March release for PC now. Announcement will probably be the week of or week after the console launch

Yep.

Tbh the january release announcement made me think the "our team needs more time for the PC version" excuse was probably bullshit and that they just want double dippers' money rofl

Yep.

Tbh the january release announcement made me think the "our team needs more time for the PC version" excuse was probably bullshit and that they just want double dippers' money rofl

Nah, I really don't think it's bullshit. They want to get the console version out first, so that's where all their resources went. I have to imagine they don't want to release the PC version in a shitty state, which means some extra time is necessary. I would double-dip regardless due to a lack of cross-play.

If their "strategy" was to fish for double-dippers, they certainly didn't try it with the last game in their highest selling series.

Mifec

Nah, I really don't think it's bullshit. They want to get the console version out first, so that's where all their resources went. I have to imagine they don't want to release the PC version in a shitty state, which means some extra time is necessary. I would double-dip regardless due to a lack of cross-play.

If their "strategy" was to fish for double-dippers, they certainly didn't try it with the last game in their highest selling series.

Yeah I don't think they're going for double dippers either. The port will probably be really good as most MT Framework stuff.

I can't wait for the mods that will make the game look amazing.

Got to play it at Eurogamer's EGX yesterday and enjoyed what I played. I'm not the biggest Monster Hunter fan, I've just not played enough of the older games but I've wanted to get into it, so I'll be picking this up.

The graphics are nice and the creatures looked great. I killed a big lizard thing and then had a fight with a T-Rex, which ran off after I injured it and as I chased after it, it ran into a cave which had a big dragon type creature inside, which attacked the T-Rex, so I jumped in and got into a 3 way batttle but the dragon creature was too strong for the character, so I got my ass kicked lol.

Looking forward to starting from the beginning and building my own character.

Kandinsky

You know, I'm gonna miss local multiplayer with the family, but man the improvements they made for this one are out of this world, that Gaijin Hunter video is hype, holy crap.

Currently waiting on Destiny 2 PC and not looking forward to missing all the initial hype for MHW as well. They really gotta stop doing this shit.

Zeta Oni

winner of the weapon design contest

What!?

I thought that design themed around Amber was a lock for first place.

I kind of hope they make an entire collection of Amber themed weapons and armor, I think it both fits the series and could be quite the eye pleaser.

Edit: This one

Edit 2: And now I see most people had the same reaction on the last page.

Wagram

Adding a substantial story is the only way they would ever get me to buy a Monster Hunter so this could be the one.

I'm seeing news that's saying charms aren't craftable, just upgradeable. So you still find charms out in the wild, but then you can upgrade how many levels of each skill are on them.

I guess that's still fine. Since negative skills don't exist, and you can upgrade them, it should still be easier to get ones you want.

My suggestion is to not take any source's word as law until we see for ourselves or Capcom clarifies, because looking back at the Japanese source I translated, it absolutely said you could upgrade AND craft charms.

生産 means production/manufacture.
強化 means to upgrade.

This article definitely said both.

raven777

I'm seeing news that's saying charms aren't craftable, just upgradeable. So you still find charms out in the wild, but then you can upgrade how many levels of each skill are on them.

I guess that's still fine. Since negative skills don't exist, and you can upgrade them, it should still be easier to get ones you want.

My suggestion is to not take any source's word as law until we see for ourselves or Capcom clarifies, because looking back at the Japanese source I translated, it absolutely said you could upgrade AND craft charms.

生産 means production/manufacture.
強化 means to upgrade.

This article definitely said both.
https://twitter.com/MH_official_JP/status/911174003263287298

The official twitter account says the same thing as the gamer article, where you can produce/upgrade the charms. So where was the info that says you can't craft the charm?

Qvoth

this training area is quite helpful, the place seems pretty big, has some verticality as well so you can practice the rope swings etc probably

Doombear

Love it. Loved the Felyne running out and replacing the barrel bomb. It really has been those little touches that I have been most impressed by.

Qvoth

YAAAAAAAAY THE NEW BAT
edit: wow you can use your slinger to put a rope on the small flying bird things and to basically traverse around
BUTTERFLY/MOTH DRAGON THING SIGHTED

garden-eel.jpg

the bat's neck is super long o_O

I think I just have to accept that everything in the world of mon hun have the "wyvern" body shape. Maybe its normal.

Flashdrome's name is Tsui Tsui Yakku (apparently Tzitzi-Ya-Ku in English according to Capcom's community managers).

Floof Bat's name is Paourumu

Moth Wing Wyvern's name is Reigyena, and it's at the top of the Coral Highlands foodchain. It appears to be ice elemental, so there's our mystery ice monster.

Qvoth

fluffy bat rage mode seems to give its attacks wind pressure

theme park ride in universal studios japan called monster hunter the real

Adoring the new area, but I am a little let down by the animations. When they encountered the floofybat, I immediately noticed the same skeleton, animations and copy-pasta moves from Rathian. It'll no doubt have a unique gimmick like the other Rathian-variants, but I've fought enough of these to know that I can probably fight 'em on auto-pilot even without knowing the gimmicks. I had hoped that a new gen would have made some deeper changes to the existing types of monsters so it wouldn't have been as transparent.

Top Bottom