• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You’ve Seen Recently |OT| October 2017

T.v

Watched both Wind river and Hell or high water recently. Both written by the same writer as Sicario, which was one of last years best movies to me. I'd probably put both of these above Sicario even. They were not as "big" production wise, but both were great self contained stories.
Hell or high water tells the tale of two brothers struggling to collect enough money to pay off their land by robbing banks. The dynamic between the two was great and it is always a pleasure to see Ben Foster in something. Chris Pine plays a different character than we are used to from him, but he pulls it off nicely. The way Texas is portrayed in this movie feels incredibly realistic, but that's not something I can accurately judge.

Wind river Is sort of similar in it's concept. It seems like both movies are intended to bring attention to certain parts of the US that have different problems; in this case an Indian reservation. It's a nice little murder mystery that gets incredibly heavy towards the end. Jeremy Renner and Elisabeth Olsen bring some mainstream appeal to this movie, but they both played very well. Again, I don't know what reservations are really like, but this portrayal seems very genuine to me. Which is quite sad in it's own right.

Saw Spider-Man Homecoming. It was a little light on action, but overall enjoyable.

I thought it was dull as all hell tbh. I actually put of going to see Thor to stay home and chill but seems I picked poorly. Just wasnt up for a 100% cgi mega mess, still kinda got one with spiderman lol

camaropilot

Watched both Wind river and Hell or high water recently. Both written by the same writer as Sicario, which was one of last years best movies to me. I'd probably put both of these above Sicario even. They were not as "big" production wise, but both were great self contained stories.
Hell or high water tells the tale of two brothers struggling to collect enough money to pay off their land by robbing banks. The dynamic between the two was great and it is always a pleasure to see Ben Foster in something. Chris Pine plays a different character than we are used to from him, but he pulls it off nicely. The way Texas is portrayed in this movie feels incredibly realistic, but that's not something I can accurately judge.

I agree with you on the accurate portrayal of west Texas in Hell or high water. It's one of my recent favorites, and was a thrill ride start to finish. I'm a born and raised Texan and the Panhandle area is exactly as you see it in the movie. Just remember that Texas is large and this is just one region in a very diverse state.

T.v

I agree with you on the accurate portrayal of west Texas in Hell or high water. It's one of my recent favorites, and was a thrill ride start to finish. I'm a born and raised Texan and the Panhandle area is exactly as you see it in the movie. Just remember that Texas is large and this is just one region in a very diverse state.

Don't worry, I'm not going to judge an entire state on one movie. It is sometimes easy to forget how huge the US is though. Especially considering the tiny size of my country.

NahaNago

Saw Spider-Man Homecoming. It was a little light on action, but overall enjoyable.

I'd have to say i thought it was kinda dull looking back. I was kinda just annoyed by that Peter but still it was somewhat... enjoyable? Most definitely my worst Peter out of the 3.

shaneo632

Jigsaw (2017) - 3.6/10 - This fucking sucked fam. The visuals and acting were actually OK but the plot, traps and gore SUCKED. The twists were laughable and predictable and it's all just in the effort of making a shitton more movies obviously. Ehhhhhhh.

Bookoo

Just got out Suburbicon....not good. It's trying to be some.black comedy but it wasnt funny and the plot was pretty boring.

T.v

This seems like the best place to ask.

I have never seen Blade runner, but I want to. However, I have heard that there are quite a few different versions. Any input on what version I should watch for the best experience?

This seems like the best place to ask.

I have never seen Blade runner, but I want to. However, I have heard that there are quite a few different versions. Any input on what version I should watch for the best experience?

Final cut only

Top Bottom