• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin: Bear Witness Edition

Strike

NyxXse2.jpg

The Witness (PS4) - Was at a con last weekend, but as soon as I got back I got around to finishing this.

IxryOU0.jpg

Firewatch (PS4) - Installed and ready to go.

It's Memorial Day Weekend. Whatcha been playin?

Linkark07

Banned
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadow of Valentia - Finishing chapter 4. I'll see if I can finish the game this weekend.

Overwatch (PC) - Want to warp up this competitive season and see if I can get some new skins. But it is fine for me since I already have D.Va skin.

Trails in the Sky The 3rd - Just started Chapter 4. Doing the doors for now.

If today or tomorrow comes Disgaea 5 Complete, I will start playing that game too.

Dysun

Trying to finish Nioh, been playing it on and off since release. Currently in the
5th region

N° 2048

Persona 5 (90 hours in).
Going to start Zelda: BOTW tonight.
Finished The Surge and it was fucking amazing!
Still playing Nioh NG+.
Still playing Rocket League.

dickroach

just finished Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (For The Frog the Bell Tolls) last night. short, fun game. I was expecting it to be more like Link's Awakening from what I'd read, but I was pleasantly surprised with the way the game actually played. the fan translation's not bad.

I got Blue Dragon during the Xbox BC sale. about an hour in, just getting started. my expectations aren't too high after Lost Odyssey, but I'm looking forward to what's ahead. also I switched it to Japanese voices because the antagonist was bugging me too much. glad that option's there.

and I've been going in and out of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People the past couple of weeks. half way through episode 3 currently. the humor from the web series is there, and the puzzles aren't convoluted to the point where the game's annoying (I had to use a walkthrough twice tho :\). It's a good time.

Stella Glow on 3ds

I played the demo when it first launched, and liked it but never got around getting until now. So far, it's been surprisingly good, especially the characters. The gameplay is a bit clunky, but still fun.

McBryBry

I'm currently playing Horizon finally, since Zelda and Persona are both beat. Plan on going back to Persona to platinum it afterwards.

Horizon is really cool so far, I'm really taking my time though. Lots of side quests! I haven't even gone to Daytower, I think its called.

BouncyFrag

Persona 3 FES after playing P5 and P4g. I'm liking P3 a lot. It's more streamlined than its two successors especially in regards to raising social link levels. Soundtrack is bad ass.

Finished Mass Effect Andromeda, I finished at around 90 hours I think but it really took me quite a while and I did basically every mission there was. So much time spent look at loading screens though. It was weaker then previous ME titles but I still had fun with it.

I recently bought the season pack to witcher 3. I haven't started the new content yet though, I am replaying the whole game. Was ages since I played it and want to make different choices this time. (which basically means I am not going with the redhead this time. ergo totally different game)

Aaron D.

RimWorld just got a new update, so it's time to start a new colony.

Curious to see how the new questing system works out.

Leaderboard-chasing the Daily Challenge in Unexplored is my new daily Spelunky run.

Game is so sweet for drop-in / drop-out sessions.

Toying with the idea of digging into the VN, Clannad over the weekend.

Been in a melancholy mood of late (gotta stay off the political websites :p ), and I understand the game is pretty emo.

dinoroar

Banned
Finished off Prey
On my way to a Platinum Trophy for "Everything"
Outcast 2 will be finished this weekend.
Rime will get started
Wolfenstein:TNO I've just started and it's great.

JBwB

Persona 3 FES. I still need more Persona even after finishing both P5 and P4G.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much more challenging this game is in comparison to it's successors. Really loving it so far.

Nier Automata

Gonna get ending D and E, await whatever happens, and get that platinum.

Been playing Kane and Lynch 2 on the Xbox One. Not sure where I am going to fall on this one, but it is interesting enough to keep going. Reminds me of Max Payne 3, but the mechanics aren't as good. The camera stuff is pretty cool.

Gonna play Little Nightmares, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts DH, or whatever I'm in the mood for, which will probably just end up being Downwell.

Mashing

In between games at the moment. Not sure I'm going to finish my NG+ run of P5 (230 hours later, getting a little burned out). I should probably pick up my run of Trails of Cold Steel II.

rhandino

Banned
Mass Effect: Andromeda

I am at the the 2nd world rn and have more than 40 hours into the game because I deleted my 15 hours male Ryder save and started agains as a Female Ryder because idk

Not really feeling it compared to previous games but I am enjoying some aspects of it like the combat and how pretty the worlds are.

So... yeah.

Szadek

Right now I'm mostly playing Hollow Knight and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.
I'm also trying to get through Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
Currently I'm playing on easy to not waste too much time on normal battles and stuff I have seen several times already.

Breath of the Wild and DOOM 2016.

DOOM 2016 is my second play-through while Breath of the Wild I only got a couple of days ago. I've already played for something like 12 hours. I just got to Kakariko Village and I'm so completely hooked!

Just started Dirt 3. I think I'm addicted because I stayed up until 4am last night playing it. Needless to say, I'm extremely drowsy at work right now.

Jhoan

Shin Megami Tensei IV-I've been stuck on the same sidequest, The Phantom of Madness for over two years. I just can't beat Chernobog for the life of me and I fused a demon that's resistant to poison but I get wrecked with the physical attack and blight. I grinded a few levels and have been trying to look for a video on how to beat him, but no dice. If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it. I also don't know how to pick up the hunt for
the Black Samurai trail again.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen(360)-In light of the PS4/XBO version announcement, I dusted off and hooked up my 360 and loaded up my NG+ record which I believe was up to the
final fight with Grigori
. Unfortunately, Capcom shut off the servers so no online UrDragon and no friends' pawns. I whisked away two pawns because I want to grind some more levels/vocations. I still haven't made my way too deep into Bitterblack Isle because enemies are too strong and the stock pawns suck. I want to mop up the last several achievements I have remaining for it.

Whoa Dave-I started it last night for a bit and it reminds me of the warp pipe Super Mario game. I put it down right away because I don't have the patience for it. It looks cool though.

I also bought a bunch of games during MS' BC sale including both Sam and Max games and Foul Play, downloaded Omega Five, R-Type Dimensions, Killer Is Dead, Shadows of the Damned, and Lumines Live. I was thinking about starting either Killer Is Dead or Shadows of the Damned. Gigolo Mode is going to make me cringe in the former; dong jokes are going to make me cringe in the latter but either way, Suda games never fail to leave a lasting impression.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Really liking it. Characters and world look more appealing than much of Fates, and the 3DS is put to work presenting great visuals (complemented by an abundance of quality va). Gameplay is engaging once one works around the differences from typical Fire Emblem. Nearing the end of a first playthrough.

Secondarily, lots of fun smaller games on Steam and probably a return to Nioh after it got more updates.

dtcm83

Still playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, still enjoying it but am really taking my time. I'm not great at the combat in the game, I still get wiped easily by higher level mobs if I don't really try to plan out my attack in advance. My character is level 29.

Still playing The Witness, but have hit a bit of a wall on the tetris/swamp puzzle area, the treehouse/walkways area, and the town in the center of the map. I worry I'm just burning out and won't have the determination to finish...I'm 26 hours into the game at this point and the two other people I know that played this game finished around the 20hr mark :(

The game that is taking the majority of my time these days is Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. Have 63 hours on record, 2 chicken dinners (in duos, no solo yet), and am surprised how addictive it is considering online multiplayer shooters are NOT a genre I ever really play.

tootie923

PS4:

The Witcher 3 - I'm at about 75 hours in and ploughing through Skellige quests, most recently King's Gambit. I like the characters and story, but there's something cold about the whole thing that makes me less invested in it than DA: Inquisition's story.

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition - Very meditative game, short game. I liked the format and writing, though I felt like the gameplay could have been a little more varied.

I might replay Alan Wake or Half-Life 2 this weekend on Xbox One BC.

Ikon

While working my way through my backlog I've made my way to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I don't know what I expected but this game is fascinating. The world is appealing, the AI is shit, the locales are not great, the hacking is tedious, the corporate espionage story is enthralling and the stealth is average at best.

I just left
Hengsha
, excited to see what happens next.

I can't believe I've triple dipped on this game without playing it until now. I even bought the sequel before ever booting it up...

Top Bottom