• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
We all know what boskonovitch has been watching prior to T7.

Well, I mean, he made his own daughter into an eerie childlike anime robot. Yoshimitsu's new look comes as little surprise in retrospect.

He's a strange old man, that Dr. B

250px-1Dr._Bosconovitch.png

SarusGray

Yellow Motion keeps teasing on his twitter that the day one patch is gonna be more than just "tuning". Ahem cough returning characters apparently. I hope he knows how vicious the fanbase can be if you raise them up like that only to destroy them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'll get excited when I see a trailer or some legitimate datamined stuff like we saw in Tag 2.

Until then, the roster is what it is and always will be.

Menome

I forgot about Dr. B. He should've returned for this game. From the little I saw of Tekken Tag 2 it looked like they gave him a lot more moves.

Heh, I remember rocking a few people as Dr B. in casual couch play due to the fact they just weren't prepared for his off-kilter fighting style.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Yoshimitsu has been the same guy throughout all of Tekken. He looks so different from game to game because he wears funky suits that Dr. B makes for him.

Since he never revealed his face under the mask in any Tekken or Soul games, no one knows for sure, if it's actually the same person. In the lore it's just stated, that the Manji tradition requires the new leader to take over the demon sword and kill the previous leader with it, to acquire the title Yoshimitsu.

cordy

Banned
YellowMotion apparently just finished the Story Mode (just the Mishima Saga) on the highest difficulty and it took him 5-6hrs. I wonder if the fight amount changes for the difficulty setting or if it was just hard for him but either way I'm good.

cordy

Banned
Some dude who makes online Tekken videos. All I know is that he's been making Tekken videos for years. Idk how he got to play the game early but probably some Bamco rep helped him out.

Åesop;238142400 said:
That even makes sense lore wise, since Yoshimitsu is just the title for the current leader of the Manji clan.

Pretty sure it's been the same dude from Tekken 1-7 tho.

Soul Calibur had 2 different Yoshimitsus though

Pachimari

Freaking love it. One of the reasons I love tekken so much is that the characters don't wear the same clothes for 30 years. Even to the point of their usual outfits being regulated to secondary outfits. Main key art and main select button outfits are most of the time unique and special each game. Hell Yoshimitsu looks completely different each game.
This is how I can see you weren't there for the 10 years we were stuck with freaking legacy costumes.

Yudoken

Just got and redeemed my key.

I just looked up what you can do with the namco points and saw a poster for the double amount of points.

If anybody is interested in sharing his points it would be really appreciated!
Edit: Got one!

I would like to add that poster into our small launch tournament as a price.

rnM9zO4.jpg

There's also an option for HUD and Motionblur and a few more settings.

Thinking of community, not sure how big the PC one will be.

Prolly grab on PC, UW support is nice.

The demand is high and the competition rather low (no Injustice 2 on launch also has some benefits).

The price is quite low too (especially if you don't need Eliza at launch) and the provided content looks good.

Expect a lot of positive reviews and worth of mouth recommendations which will result in more players.

I wouldn't worry about that at all especially in comparison to Xbone.

This could be one of the bigger games on Steam especially if you think long term.

Aw fuuck, the game is like 35 bucks on cdkeys, but i still feel like ps4 might be the better buy in the long run regarding activity and stuff. But for me i'd need to pay like, double that price.

Ernest

Banned
Think I'm gonna wait until the "complete" edition with all the extra DLC included at a discounted price. Doubt that'll take more than a year.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm just disappointed that it's 2017 and no fighting game single player campaign has even matched SC2's Weapon Master Mode yet.

Arguably neverrealm does do something very similar with its challenge towers and now gear unlocks in injustice 2. But it does lack much narrative context and well...you are playing a neverrealm fighter instead of soul calibur.

Hopefully the soul will still burn this gen at Bamco...

Local store didn't receive any copies yesterday or today which means that it's looking like Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'll probably just wait for the actual retail release and save myself some cash with Best Buy at this point.

Åesop;238158033 said:
Since he never revealed his face under the mask in any Tekken or Soul games, no one knows for sure, if it's actually the same person. In the lore it's just stated, that the Manji tradition requires the new leader to take over the demon sword and kill the previous leader with it, to acquire the title Yoshimitsu.

Yoshimitsu would've been a much better spinoff title for a Tekken character than that Nina game. So much lore and mystery to play with.

Top Bottom