• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's stock rose +5.48%, gaining 2.2 Billion in market value in one day.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo stock just ended trading +5.48% after the Monster Hunter announcement.

That's +$2.2 billion (no typo) in market value in one day.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/867987011512160257

original.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...alue_following_monster_hunter_xx_announcement

Thank you, Monster Hunter.

Jeez. It just doesn't stop rising...

This is getting close to Wii levels of growth, if it repeats the same pattern (which it almost certainly will not) it will reach its peak either around this holiday or sometime next year.

God I'm glad I bought more stock last fall

Jintor

Fuuuuuuuck

I was going to pick up some stock in Jan but it took a week or two for my perishing account to get approved and I forgot...

If that's what Monster Hunter does, imagine the rise when Pokémon is finally confirmed for it. Whew

If the stock situation in Japan doesn't improve that announcement might actually be cause for concern. They don't want people murdering each other to get Switches now, that would be a bad look for the company.

Ashby

I bought a bunch of Nintendo stock when everyone here kept saying the Switch would be a failure.

Hahahahahahhahaa......thanks guys!
Fuck, I was going to do that. Same thing back with the Wii, I guess I have a good sense for when Nintendo is about to have a hit. I need to stop dragging my feet re: the market.

Plum

The crazy thing is that this is after the announcement of a non-mainline Monster Hunter port. I don't want to think what it'll be once/if we get a brand new mainline MH, Pokemon and Dragon Quest.

I bought a bunch of Nintendo stock when everyone here kept saying the Switch would be a failure.

Hahahahahahhahaa......thanks guys!

I bought a bunch back when it was under $15 (NTDOY) and sold all of it this pat July when it reached the Pokemon GO peak for a really nice profit. Then I bought some more this past fall when it was closer to $20-25, before the Switch was even announced. I'm loving life right now.

I'm just a bit nervous about when to sell it. Could it possibly surpass the level it did during the Wii era?

Plum

Guys Animal Crossing is gonna be a phenomenon.

I know a lot of people who are thirsty for a new Animal Crossing.

Damn, I completely forgot about Animal Crossing. If the Switch gets one before the end of 2018 it's going to do very, very well in the west. They do need to make it more than just another City Folk, though (i.e. a better looking version of the more innovative portable game).

How does it compare to 2010? Is it still below or did it pass that mark thanks to this?

It's not even close to Wii level yet. NTDOY, the American stock was at 75 a share at a point around then. It will probably hit 37 something today. It hasnt even begun to peak.

Edit: oh yeah, 2008 is when it peaked before

How does it compare to 2010? Is it still below or did it pass that mark thanks to this?

From what I can tell right now it's the highest it's been since December 30, 2008.

The peak in 2010 was 32,200 and right now it's at 33,510. 33,750 on December 30, 2008.

Guys Animal Crossing is gonna be a phenomenon.

I know a lot of people who are thirsty for a new Animal Crossing.

Yeah, it's going to be pretty massive globally.

I also think the inevitable Super Mario Maker Deluxe is going to shock people with how many units it moves. I think Wii U held back the sales potential for that game more than any other first party release, outside of Mario Kart.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
img_mashiko_051ctugg.gif

Congratulations to Nintendo.

Also, Nintendo's 77th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders is scheduled for June 29. It's usually at 10 a.m. Japan time. I think the shareholders will be quite content and approval rating of Mr. Kimishima should be quite high (it was 87.14 % last year).

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/schedule/index.html

Top Bottom