• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Is there any reason (other than price) to get the original DR2 over Off the Record? And for that matter, is the extra content in OtR worth the extra $2.50?

edit: Am I missing something or does the storepages not mention the Dead Rising games requiring GFWL?

OTR is an alternate story with Frank West, but it has sandbox mode which I liked a lot. You basically get to play around in the mall to your heart's content, no survivors no nothing like that. You can explore all you like, find combo cards, slaughter zombies, and all that progress carries over into SP. It takes some of the fun away from SP if you focus on sandbox mode almost entirely before doing SP but it can be a great supplement if you balance them together.

dmr87

All of the following deals are valid now until 1600 GMT January 21st, and can make use of our 20% voucher*

GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

- LEGO Lord of the Rings is 66% off
- Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are 75% off
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is 40% off
- PID is 40% off
- Unstoppable Gorg is 75% off

We now also have a 30% voucher available for Aliens: Colonial Marines. Use GMG30-ALIEN-SDEAL to Xeno more pain to your wallet! This code will expire at 1600 GMT 25th January.

Other deals are also available this weekend so check out the homepage and have a browse!

*The 20% voucher and 25% voucher have now been extended until 1600 GMT January 31st. Regional restrictions may apply on certain titles.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/01/the-one-true-ring-66-off.html

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm pretty annoyed that I can't buy Lego Lord of the Rings from GMG because I live in New Zealand. No buy button. We made the fuckin' movies here guys, how about letting us buy the game?

:(

Use a US Proxy or US VPN. I do it whenever I need to buy something by EA on GMG.

Le-mo

All of the following deals are valid now until 1600 GMT January 21st, and can make use of our 20% voucher*

GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

- LEGO Lord of the Rings is 66% off
- Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record are 75% off
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is 40% off
- PID is 40% off
- Unstoppable Gorg is 75% off

We now also have a 30% voucher available for Aliens: Colonial Marines. Use GMG30-ALIEN-SDEAL to Xeno more pain to your wallet! This code will expire at 1600 GMT 25th January.

*The 20% voucher and 25% voucher have now been extended until 1600 GMT January 31st. Regional restrictions may apply on certain titles.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/01/the-one-true-ring-66-off.html
I'm looking at Dead Rising 2 and it's $19.99?

Aaron

Got uh..Joan of Arc for 64 cents.
Should be interesting.

EDIT: Yikes. This was made in 2012?!
Released on GMG in 2012. The copyright is 2003.

Pretty lousy DW clone. I've been playing First Templar recently, which is actually pretty decent, and way better than this.

dmr87

I see. It says that post was posted today at 10 a.m. and it's only 11:30 a.m. here so I was confused.

Yea, the deals are gone now so it was unnecessary of me to post those, but the vouchers are extended and it's a special 30% deal on Aliens.

I have 3 Strike Suit Zero 25% off codes that can apparently be used on the developers site to prepurchase the game, for contributing to their kickstarter, if anyone is interested. I guess it's a way to support the developer directly but the 25% off might make it a wash.

Released on GMG in 2012. The copyright is 2003.

Pretty lousy DW clone. I've been playing First Templar recently, which is actually pretty decent, and way better than this.

Ah that makes way more sense. Oh well its an amusing 60 cents wasted.
I've been playing First Templar as well. Its pretty good. Although I'm a bit salty I got hit with a crash after completing a level and losing my progress.

Snagged Wings of Prey. Online is dead but there's more than enough content to fool around with. Looks and runs really well to boot. Even if all I did was tool around in training mode I'd say its worth the $3.

It looks better than this in-game...trust me. said:
iZst5iGqPV1jL.jpg

ibgRi6nLxeDObR.jpg

What does it come to? I wouldn't mind a tennis game on PC. And which one is it?

$3 with the 20% off voucher.

I have finished the single player/tour on X360. Would only really want it again to play online myself, hence my question.

EDIT: Not in steams top 100 current player count and the game at rank 100 is 400ish players. So not looking good.

Itamux

Neo Member
Lucius is on sale for $4 after coupon, is it worth getting?
I know it didn't review that well but the premise seems interesting

All star Racing is 75% off. I'm on a mobile, so I can't check, but are any other codes valid with it?

Yeah you can tack on the 20% off code.
GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK
Goes from 3.75 to 3.00.
Picked it up. I figure by the time I get around to playing and finishing it, Transformed will be the same price.

Aru

Bought Binary Domain for 5$ yesterday.
And today, I couldn't resist buying Sonic CD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles for a dollar each. What a steal !

My gaming PC was kinda expensive, but I get cheaper games in return. So I'm glad :)

I already pre-ordered S&AS Racing Transformed, so I won't bother with the first game now.

Dambrosi

Banned
How is the multiplayer in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing? Is it local multiplayer or online?
Regrettably, there's no online multiplayer at all in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. I know, I got it for free from Dixons a couple years back and tried.

Also, not much in the way of options either, not what a PC owner is used to at any rate. It's a very lazy console port, but at least it runs and plays well enough.

Nabs

Regrettably, there's no online multiplayer at all in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. I know, I got it for free from Dixons a couple years back and tried.

Also, not much in the way of options either, not what a PC owner is used to at any rate. It's a very lazy console port, but at least it runs and plays well enough.

There are no real options, but you can make it look pretty by messing with your graphics panel. Force some AA, AF, Downsample... it looks good and runs really well.

The first game should at least have offline multiplayer right?

I'm pretty sure it has 4 player splitscreen.

If I loved X Com and Boardwalk Empire is there a good chance that I'll find Omerta awesome? I'm not sure if the gameplay is similar or if the developers are good.

The Sonic games that come under Mega Drive Classics, do they all get their own launcher/spot in your steam games list or does it come under one single launcher called Mega Drive Classics?

Thanks

Top Bottom