• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Announced (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - Drivable Batmobile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: GameInformer cover reveal confirms it is exclusive to current-gen. Game is set to release this year, no release date yet.

GI cover is live. No cross gen confirmed.

cqPAmvs.jpg

6Tfrnf9.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/april-cover-revealed-2014-1039752374.aspx

For full coverage and trailer, you can check out GameInformer.

In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.

Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.

Be The Batman.

Lock if old.

It's very surprising that they seem to be skipping the last gen versions. Like I said in the IG thread, I think this will be the first major multiplatform game to skip the last gen versions in favor of a fully current gen game.

Based Rocksteady.

Hope they can do something other than Batman soon. "Finale" tends to not hold a lot of weight in these games.

Tagg9

This sounds incredible. Can't wait to see what Rocksteady has done with three years of development time on next-gen consoles.

Loudninja

It's very surprising that they seem to be skipping the last gen versions. Like I said in the IG thread, I think this will be the first major multiplatform game to skip the last gen versions in favor of a fully current gen game.
Yeah last gen software is not doing all that great.

I dont think they expected a collapse that quick.

RPGCrazied

Surely they won't over look PS3/360 versions, that is a big install base. I'm just hoping they haven't got full updated information.

Is rocksteady even doing this one?

Kyoufu

It doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is the publishers making cross-gen games when the adoption rate of PS4/X1 is seemingly rapid.

Hystzen

Scarecrow yeahhhh

Oh wait it rocksteady expect it be joker under the mask and the whole end finale in Arkham city was a illusion due to scarecrows drugs

sappyday

Origins didn't hold my interest for more than an hour since if felt there was always something wrong with it. Hopefully I can get back in it

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Rocksteady back in charge, can already see the people treating it more favourably.

clockpunk

Ridiculous - as an 'explosive finale', it should be made available on the platforms which possess the rest of the series.

dan2026

So torn.

Another Batman game....eh

But it will probably be great.

Wish it was a Superman game or a Justice League game.

Suzzopher

Surely they won't over look PS3/360 versions, that is a big install base. I'm just hoping they haven't got full updated information.

Is rocksteady even doing this one?

I think they might do what Ubisoft have hinted at and make a current gen game and then a next gen game.

jabuseika

No cross-gen bs?

I'm in.

This game will look pretty. :)

Can drive the Batmobile?

Finally a true open world batman game that is not Batman & Robin. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom