• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

RedRum

Banned
So I busted my turtle beaches late last night by throwing them during a tantrum caused by Be A Pro. Deleted my whole season. Nearly deleted the entire game, but caught myself.

Marvie_3

Banned
I only broke one controller way back when I first got a 360. Then I realized how stupid I was when I was waiting in line to buy a new one so now I just yell at the tv instead.

Never forget.
ah6gdxi-imgur.gif

Man, we were on a roll. 4 wins, 1 loss (and that 1 loss was a 3 or 4 goals against on 12 shows kind of game). Thanks for the games. My player might be recovered from his dozen concussions this weekend.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had some really good games with the 5 man unit, like Marvie said once it went down to 3s or 2s it just went to shit. As soon as guys can abuse the CPU D men it just becomes garbage. 4 straight OT wins though? Pretty decent.

Edit : And that amazing hit ^^

Marvie_3

Banned
Had some really good games with the 5 man unit, like Marvie said once it went down to 3s or 2s it just went to shit. As soon as guys can abuse the CPU D men it just becomes garbage. 4 straight OT wins though? Pretty decent.

Edit : And that amazing hit ^^
Yeah we're definitely starting to click as a team. We have to be a bit more vocal about what we're going to do with the puck though. We kept getting bunched up and losing posession.

Also if you see someone getting closed off, let them know if they can pass to you. Its not possible to see every option all the time.

Those games where the other team has puck control through the roof while our players cant do shit are just garbage though. Its especially bad when we play against 2s.

Yeah we're definitely starting to click as a team. We have to be a bit more vocal about what we're going to do with the puck though. We kept getting bunched up and losing posession.

Also if you see someone getting closed off, let them know if they can pass to you. Its not possible to see every option all the time.

Those games where the other team has puck control through the roof while our players cant do shit are just garbage though. Its especially bad when we play against 2s.
Yeah, felt like we were clicking/covering for each other/playing our positions but not slaves to them when we needed to criss cross or move take up ice that isn't necessarily ours on paper.

That said, I'd be happy if the puck carrier would call out things like "go to the net" or "passing to you, blue" etc. so I know if I'm better off crashing the net or pulling up in the slot, etc. We were pretty good at it, but room for improvement. Speaking of which, I'd suggest us going by colours. A few times I heard "to the point" and such and wasn't sure which D man was calling for it. Would be great to say "pass it to green" etc.

Anywho, lots of fun. Some great goals and hits (on me).

Marvie_3

Banned
work bro worrrk

and life
Send another request.

Yeah, felt like we were clicking/covering for each other/playing our positions but not slaves to them when we needed to criss cross or move take up ice that isn't necessarily ours on paper.

That said, I'd be happy if the puck carrier would call out things like "go to the net" or "passing to you, blue" etc. so I know if I'm better off crashing the net or pulling up in the slot, etc. We were pretty good at it, but room for improvement. Speaking of which, I'd suggest us going by colours. A few times I heard "to the point" and such and wasn't sure which D man was calling for it. Would be great to say "pass it to green" etc.

Anywho, lots of fun. Some great goals and hits (on me).
The crossing thing is where we got messed up several times too. I was anticipating where someone is going so id cut behind them to cross over but they would cut back in the same direction i was going and we'd end up bumping into each other or id be in the way.

That play off the faceoff with the puck going from RD to RW for a one timer looked good the couple times we pulled it off. We should figure out a few more set plays that we can run.

It sucks that forehand, for some reason, is way harder to win faceoffs on. Im not avoiding the LD on faceoffs, its just that being right handed and having to use a backhand grip all the time, theres not really any way to pull the puck over there on faceoffs. We could run the same play on the opposite side but without forehand being viable, it limits our options.

Send another request.

The crossing thing is where we got messed up several times too. I was anticipating where someone is going so id cut behind them to cross over but they would cut back in the same direction i was going and we'd end up bumping into each other or id be in the way.

That play off the faceoff with the puck going from RD to RW for a one timer looked good the couple times we pulled it off. We should figure out a few more set plays that we can run.

It sucks that forehand, for some reason, is way harder to win faceoffs on. Im not avoiding the LD on faceoffs, its just that being right handed and having to use a backhand grip all the time, theres not really any way to pull the puck over there on faceoffs. We could run the same play on the opposite side but without forehand being viable, it limits our options.
Here's a set play idea: RD passes to me on RW with a suicide pass. I get concussed on the ensuing hit, but as long as it's not bad enough to get a whistle, the puck moves forward with the momentum, so if the C just skates up and picks up the puck, it'll be a fast break!

Marvie_3

Banned
Here's a set play idea: RD passes to me on RW with a suicide pass. I get concussed on the ensuing hit, but as long as it's not bad enough to get a whistle, the puck moves forward with the momentum, so if the C just skates up and picks up the puck, it'll be a fast break!
You getting concussed is what our entire ganeplan is based on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Youll fit right in then.

Good

Just played a game where I let 4 breakaways in the first 5 min and they all lead to a goal

So the goalie was yelling at me the rest of the game and I finished the game with an F on defense (1%)

somehow we won the game 5-4 in OT

Marvie_3

Banned
Good

Just played a game where I let 4 breakaways in the first 5 min and they all lead to a goal

So the goalie was yelling at me the rest of the game and I finished the game with an F on defense (1%)

So youre Michal Rozsival. Good thing I have experience dealing with players like that.

*old yellers dopey*

RedRum

Banned
Good

And won. Hahahaha.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been really busy lately, should be able to get some games in Wednesday / Thursday

Top Bottom