• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
Bakugou has some pretty dope shoes. Not as cool as Deku's, but still.

db5d64J.jpg

can't believe they're making all this merchandise and tie-in stuff and still haven't started making Deku's shoes. it's an objectively great of merchandise because you can actually wear them in public with zero embarrassment or awkwardness, unlike, say, ninja headbands or strawhats.

Lunar15

can't believe they're making all this merchandise and tie-in stuff and still haven't started making Deku's shoes. it's an objectively great of merchandise because you can actually wear them in public with zero embarrassment or awkwardness, unlike, say, ninja headbands or strawhats.

Well, that depends on how they look. They're not necessarily normal shoes, but done well I could see someone pulling them off.

I dont know where you live but people wear strawhats all the time.

WarRock

|OT| You've got the touch, you've got the power

Two current villains can f' people up just by touching them. Night Eye needs to touch you. touchtouchtouchtouching

caliph95

It seems to look like to make a bad comparison
Morrigan from Darkstalkers
Actually i got it wrong apparently it supposed to be a dragon.

cntr

Banned
I see?

e: Oh pfft, that's not the pony girl.
That's Hadou.
And that really is a bad comparison.

|OT| You've got the touch, you've got the power

Two current villains can f' people up just by touching them. Night Eye needs to touch you. touchtouchtouchtouching
I'm down for this as the new thread title, by the way

cntr

Banned
...alright, guess Foresight really is a crazy power. Huh. Guess I gotta stop making assumptions.

Good chapter.

e: oh, apparently the translation is missing a page?

Bowl0l

Did the official release last week mention about
Midoriya confronting All Might about Sir Nighteye's predicting All Might dying?
I am confused by the first page.

caliph95

Yeah the page show three of the intern teams i think cooperating for the Overhaul's case being Nighteye's team, The number 9 dragon lady and another hero called
Suneater
with
Kririshima

cntr

Banned
I am confused by the first page.
Yeah, I think you were supposed to take the flashback as something All Might recounted to Deku, not just something in his head.

Anyway, according to the missing page, Mirio's hero name is officially spelt "Lemillion", so that settles that. (Funny that we were talking about a name looking too French when it's spelt like that, lol.) Kirishima's interning together a guy called Suneater, who looks like Amakiji, that goblin ears guy from earlier. And Hadou's hero name is "Nejire-chan".

...what kind of awesome name is SUNEATER.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nejire is great.

I was right to point out the omitted early translation that didn't mention that Night Eye requested help from other hero agencies, since it happened right in this chapter.

cntr

Banned
...man, the more I think about this chapter, the more I like it. It was really good.

love the touch with how All Might has shadowed eyes through his talk until he starts talking about Deku, and then his eyes literally light up. it's too sweet. All Might's such a good dad.

...Dragon Hero Ryukyu is too cool.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
This was a good chapter, but was anyone else jarred at the sudden Death talk? When the chapter started, I felt like I missed some kind of stinger or detail last chapter, but nope, its a dramatic continuation of a detail not really given dramatic weight at its mention last chapter. I dunno, it was weird. I liked the chapter at first, but the more I think about it, the weirder it's kinda becoming in my head. That no 9 design and Bleach girl's costume are dope tho

Also (I'm sure DTL will hate me) but I do not care that much about Kaminari and it feels like he gets so much play. Bring out another side character that hasn't gotten a good moment, like bird guy, or sugar daddy, or that girl everyone but me cares about.

cntr

Banned
Kirishima's cool. Also he's gotten major play like...thrice? The rest've been mostly background.

I distinctly remember me and everybody else considering him a minor character until the Kamino Ward arc. edit: wait, you mean Kirishima, right? not Kaminari? I don't think Kaminari's gotten much play at all
Is that a homage, because it looks familiar
I...think it is? But I'm not sure to what exactly.

Lunar15

After reading this chapter, I realized why this is such a satisfying manga to read week to week: Most chapters conclude a scene midway through the chapter and begin a new scene that ends halfway through. It always feels like it's moving forward.

I feel like most manga I've read would have stretched out the scene between Deku and All Might so that their scene together would have ended the chapter. Instead, we've already started the next setup. It's not something exclusive to MHA by any means, but MHA does it far more consistently and effectively than others.

TheFlow

Banned
After reading this chapter, I realized why this is such a satisfying manga to read week to week: Most chapters conclude a scene midway through the chapter and begin a new scene that ends halfway through. It always feels like it's moving forward.

I feel like most manga I've read would have stretched out the scene between Deku and All Might so that their scene together would have ended the chapter. Instead, we've already started the next setup. It's not something exclusive to MHA by any means, but MHA does it far more consistently and effectively than others.
If you don't stop insulting the goats

cntr

Banned
Whatever it is, sounds like he'd be great with Tokoyami as a partner. He could even pretend he was a bird instead of a person.

SalvaPot

Trojita's doing it, right? I'd do it two or three days before it starts.

I have no idea. I remember mentioning that I wouldn't be able to do it since I was a junior member for a bit there, but since I got my member (heh) back I could if no one else is up to it.

If anything to call it "My Hero Academia S2 |OT! Its about Ethics in Hero Society." That would be 2 titles in a row that wil get people angry at it.

SalvaPot

I liked "My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is going to stain my hero record"

That one is pretty good too.

I am hype, I kind of hope they go far with this season and hopefully get to United States of Smash, but I guess that is not going to happen with the revealed schedule. Stain is big enough for now.

I am specially hyped for Uraraka vs Bakugou, I love that fight.

cntr

Banned
I am hype, I kind of hope they go far with this season and hopefully get to United States of Smash, but I guess that is not going to happen with the revealed schedule. Stain is big enough for now.
I thought the same, but arcs are actually way shorter than you'd think.

If you convert the chapter count to an episode count, everything from the beginning of the Sports Festival to the end of Kamino Ward works out to be about 24 episodes. If you allow for anime expanded scenes, 26 episodes is more than enough to get there.

Top Bottom