• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

XVO4LBO.jpg

For the latest batch information and countdowns, please consult the official Twitter account for Limited Run Games and/or 'News' section on their main web-page.

(Official Website | Twitter Account | Forum | FAQ | Support | Buying Guide | Holding Orders)

(Collection References [Official / GameFAQs / Wikipedia])

In late 2015, Mighty Rabbit Studios, a North Carolinian indie developer, established a division within their company to help distribute digital games in physical form. Under the aptly named Limited Run Games brand, they strive toward catering to gamers and collectors alike that prefer hard copies of their titles, currently for the PlayStation Vita and PS4, via small print runs sold exclusively through their website. These minuscule prints are done as a business model to insure these games are preserved in some printed media, although they might not necessarily encompass all DLC or patch work, while being profitable enough to continue their mission statement. Limited Run Games has pledged to never reprint their catalog so they're gone for good once an item has sold out. Due to these limited quantities, it's highly encouraged that you pre-register to the website and show up at the designated release times to better your odds at obtaining a copy. If you have any questions, please feel free to consult any of the aforementioned links for their most common FAQs or contact support in regard to a specific order.

Miscellaneous References & Other Similar PSV/PS4 Physical Distributors:

takoyaki

Subscribed, really well done follow-up thread!

The first OT always worked great as a reminder of upcoming releases, thanks for keeping it going all this time dallow_bg.

Here’s to another 400 pages! Fingers crossed that Skullgirls will be out before we reach OT3 ;)

It's pretty amazing that this has now warranted two threads.

I remember when the thread first popped up and I thought "huh, that's a pretty neat idea". Now they're nearing 100 games. They made something that makes a ton of people happy, and that must (usually) be an amazing feeling. Can't wait to see what's still to come.

I am a physical media 4 life guy but have never purchased any Limited Run game before, I love the idea but there just hadn't been a game I was interested in really.

That all changes with Wonder Boy though, hnnngh want it so much! I hope I don't miss out.

Ventara

Nicely done. It really does feel like it was just yesterday when LRG just started up. Glad to see them become successful. I may have some qualms with them occasionally, but I'm extremely glad they're around, and here's looking to another thread reaching ~20k posts.

It might be good to include a link to LRG's website and twitter near the top.

Tapejara

New thread looks great! Of the upcoming list, my "must get" purchases are just Kero Blaster and Night Trap. I'll probably impulse by a few titles here and there though.

Sondar

That is a pretty box, but I need details. Still need to decide if I'll go with the Asian or LRG's LE.

Edit: Oh shit, I just realized I'll be out of the country on the 25th. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! Of all the games to break my LRG Vita collection, it has to be Ys. Dammit, man. I guess I'll go with the Asian version.

Edit 2: There might be hope. 6PM EST is 11PM London time, and I can't imagine doing anything that late, so as long as my internet connection doesn't fail me, I should be able to get it then.

With regards to the Asian Ys Limited Edition, Doug said...

I've been told the Ys Origin CE from Asia isn't what people think it is and you shouldn't give your money to it until there is an official announcement from Arc.

It's supposed to be Korean only and from what I'm being told it is, in fact, Korean only.

I'm sure an official announcement will be out soon.

With regards to the Asian Ys Limited Edition, Doug said...

I've been told the Ys Origin CE from Asia isn't what people think it is and you shouldn't give your money to it until there is an official announcement from Arc.

It's supposed to be Korean only and from what I'm being told it is, in fact, Korean only.

I'm sure an official announcement will be out soon.

There was no mention at all about Korean when that CE was revealed, but all right. We'll have to wait and see.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/888339587554095104

Look at LRG being fluent in Korean. ;-)

Anyway, weird that someone would put together that digital leaflet of an English language release that was never real.

Shizuka

Just a heads up, Arc System Works has tweeted (in Korean) that the Asian Collector's Edition is exclusive to Korea. I've received confirmation from DotEmu that no English or Chinese art book exists - it's only been translated from Japanese to Korean. Heavyarms is accepting money for a product that they don't have full information or details on.

https://twitter.com/ASW_ASIA/status/890186661992087553

Hmm. It's a visual book, that's not exactly a dealbreaker if the game itself is english and the soundtrack doesn't have some sort region-lock.

Just a heads up, Arc System Works has tweeted (in Korean) that the Asian Collector's Edition is exclusive to Korea. I've received confirmation from DotEmu that no English or Chinese art book exists - it's only been translated from Japanese to Korean. Heavyarms is accepting money for a product that they don't have full information or details on.

https://twitter.com/ASW_ASIA/status/890186661992087553

DFQEIu1UwAAKPnO.jpg

That does not look like a korean exclusive Limited Edition?!

Korean isn't even a listed language there.

I would guess Korea is still getting it's own release besides this one here and maybe LRG is only aware of that?! Because Ys Origins is not the only english Asia release from Arc System Works. Look at Wonderboy for example.

Shizuka

I would guess Korea is still getting it's own release besides this one here and maybe LRG is only aware of that?! Because Ys Origins is not the only english Asia release from Arc System Works. Look at Wonderboy for example.

Honestly, it's all due to DotEmu licensing their titles for Arc Sys to publish it in Asia and the deal included retail releases. I guess LRG is lucky
(or not)
that Arc Sys didn't get Pang Adventures as well.

That's definitely something LRG will have to look out for if they're interested in doing business with DotEmu again, unless they're really fine with just being a NA distributor and having people getting the same games from other regions.

I could care less about the other region release for Ys Origin. We're getting a physical copy in NA, so that's good enough for me. Plus, my goal is to keep my LRG vita collection 100% complete, outside of alternate covers of course.

If you're you're going to go with LRG and really would like a Ys Origin OST, you can order it straight from Falcom. And there is already a Ys artbook compilation for Ys Origin through VII available in NA.

I got a response from Heavy Arm:

The information was provide by our distributor for this game, with the game information in image file.

So, I dont know what is internal issue between them. Please refer to image file below, this is not made by us, it was provided by our distributor to collect Preorder from us.

0AR9jUz.jpg

sknMNxJ.jpg

Nicodemic

Awesome new OT with very useful links! Nice work and thanks to all contributors!

More of a lurker here but I'm at 17 LRG releases so there you go.

Again, we were told by DotEmu and Arc System Works that it's the Korean version. The picture he posted was most likely the Asian release as the Korean cover looks different and there is no collector's edition in Asia.

I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but has there been any announcement of Windjammers physical for PS4? It's something I can see fitting in the LRG line considering they've worked with DotEmu before. I'd happily buy a big, dumb, brightly colored CE of that. With or without packed-in flying disc.

blacksark

I am a backer and after seeing it announced for ps4, if a hat in time doesn't have a retail edition please try to make one, the game is amazing!(I've played the beta)

Top Bottom