• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS1 style Resident Evil indy clone for Switch

They need to change the knife sound effect when attacking a zombie, it doesn't sound like it's actually hitting anything. Looks cool.

Alpha_eX

Hope there's an option to turn off all that UI, it's hideous - especially the bar that appears as the character starts to run.. looks interesting otherwise but nothing too special other than the nostalgia hooks.

Sigin

Neo Member
The name is something like "Dead House Resuscitation", this is a literal translation. It really looks like a prototype... Well, in the end it could be a good experience...

Experien

This is Vaccine and is already out on PC and PS4.

You quickly try to kill through a generated house and you level up. So it is a Rogue Survival Horror game with a timer?

PetrCobra

"Rainy Frog" seems like a randomly generated joke name.

Game doesn't really give me an RE vibe. The maps that they've shown in the trailer seem linear, there's some exping and the fights looked like they are more action oriented. The visuals, music and sound effects give a remote impression that this could be a horror game, but the gameplay didn't really look like a survival horror to me.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This is Vaccine and is already out on PC and PS4.

You quickly try to kill through a generated house and you level up. So it is a Rogue Survival Horror game with a timer?

I was going to say that this looks an awful lot like that roguelike on steam, and so it is.

Haven't played it myself, but what impressions are out there are pretty bad.

soultron

Banned
Is the house layout procedurally generated? Could be really neat in an otherworldly way, as in the architecture along a 2D plane has no real-world logic to it.

Absolutely LOVE this kind of style and gameplay, can't stress how much I like the look of the inventory.
The atmosphere is great too.

The time limit stuff however, not a big fan.

Also, デッドハウス 再生 can be translate to ''Deadhouse Reborn'' or something similar.

Drain You

Woah this looks amazing. Wish I had a Switch. I like the addition of XP I think I saw.

Edit: Oh its out on PC? Gonna try it now.

Drain You

I jumped the gun, just watched a lets play, looks really bad hahah. It is 25% off on Steam right now if anyones interested.

Low polygon ps1 titles have no nostalgia or artistic value.

That's why I want a Dino Crisis remake instead of playing the original through emulators with enhancements.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The studio also made FreezeMe, which was a really good game, so I am positive it will be a good game.

M3d10n

They kinda beat me to the idea of making a "retro 3D" game where the "pre-rendered" backgrounds are actually real time using modern graphics and lighting and are only pretending to be pre-rendered. But the backgrounds could use some extra effort, it manages to look a bit worse than RE1, actually.

Top Bottom