• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Might pick this up. Originally wanted to play it when I had an Xbox. In fact I played the demo and enjoyed it. I guess I just didn't find time to play it.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I didn't particularly take to the demo. It felt like it would have really benefited from being a 2D metroidvania, but that wasn't going to happen whist Ori was a thing.

NeoRaider

Without Steam release this will be kinda pointless.
I can only imagine how bad their W10 numbers are. Poor devs deserve better.

peppers

I hope it has some general improvements to the graphics and performance in general too... At least it'll get some buzz if it's announced at Gamescom.

Theorry

I am pretty sure it gets a X patch. Its a play anywhere title with 4k on PC already. Forza and Gears came out the same time and get a patch also. They are just waiting for the definitive announcement.

Shifty

Doing the call indexing you're supposed to do at the end of development would solve most of the problems people think they know about Unity. The engine had very little to do with the tech shortcomings on the XB1 version.

Can you elaborate on this? It's not a term I've heard used before, and Google isn't turning up anything for it in relation to either Unity or the XBO platform. (Not that the XBO platform is publicly documented, mind you...)

Is it akin to doing a 'production / shipping' build versus a 'debug' build on other development platforms?

Shiggy

I am pretty sure it gets a X patch. Its a play anywhere title with 4k on PC already. Forza and Gears came out the same time and get a patch also. They are just waiting for the definitive announcement.

Yes, it's also in the tweet you linked above. That's what "High resolution graphics" is referring to.

August 29 - week after Gamescom, so should be announced there then.

This seems like a repackage claiming new features which everybody just updates for the Xbox One X anyway like resolution and HDR patch.

blakep267

?
The game did have missions and a new one doesn't seem that unlikely. Especailly since they'd be working in the tank robot already.

Probably, yeah.
What I mean is I don't remember being named missions. There were objectives such as reach this point etc but not actual names

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has the update being a free upgrade to current owners been confirmed?

Not yet. MS hasn't even announced the DE, but obviously it wouldn't be sitting in international content rating databases if it weren't real.

Chris1

Has the update being a free upgrade to current owners been confirmed?

Nah but given that the game flopped, it looks like it's gonna be just a simple HDR and Resolution update alongside a mission to take advantage of the new core bot that was supposed to be in at launch, I have a hard time even MS could convince themselves at charging a fee for this

Either that mission is gonna be massive or there was like 1 person working on this because there's no way it should have took this long since it doesn't sound very substantial, I mean this small update has took almost a full year while the entire game originally only had a 2-2.5 years or so dev time

What I mean is I don't remember being named missions. There were objectives such as reach this point etc but not actual names

I only played the small trial but googling there seems to be mission names: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/recore/Walkthrough, is that not correct?

Plasma

Banned
I'm looking forward to jumping back into this, I stopped playing around launch because it was just to buggy. I might wait just a bit longer though and play it on the X.

Colbert

Banned
Hope the DLC will come for free or a price at $5 for owners of the original game after waiting this long for it!

I played it at launch, have they improved the load times much since then? They were unbearable. Hopefully the DE will address them.

GavinUK86

I haven't been keeping up with this news so forgive me, but is this DE coming to PC too? If so, Windows Store only again or Steam?

Parsnip

I haven't been keeping up with this news so forgive me, but is this DE coming to PC too? If so, Windows Store only again or Steam?

ReCore was the first Play Anywhere title, so Windows 10 for the DE is given.
Steam is unknown, but thinking about what MS has put up on Steam after launching Win10, I'd say the chances are moderately high.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Bought ReCore at launch and quit after the third chapter but will definitely pick this up and give it a second chance. The sad part is that instead of releasing a definitive edition a year later, they should have just delayed the game a year as that would have been a far better decision in my opinion.

Bought ReCore at launch and quit after the third chapter but will definitely pick this up and give it a second chance. The sad part is that instead of releasing a definitive edition a year later, they should have just delayed the game a year as that would have been a far better decision in my opinion.

This. I gave up pretty early into the game, but I would continue it with a content update.

Top Bottom