• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition coming soon

EvB

When I've been looking around for BC titles, I've seen Recore show up a few times, that makes me wonder if the standard version will be replaced in the system.

Which fits in with the pin art changing

I'd like tio revisit this as i thoroughly enjoyed my first time playing it. I never did beat it though as towards the end there is a huge difficulty spike that has you traversing multiple waves of enemies. Got so frustrated and exhausted by that segment that i quit.

AAMARMO

Banned
I've seen some pictures, the game got an huge graphical boost.

So amazing 😱

giphy.gif

Keinning

I'm kinda hoping its not free (but discounted) so they can justify adding a lot of stuff and fixing the game properly. Game needs way more than the missing core and another zone and they had the time to work on it and make it as special as it looked like it would be.

Zedox

I'm kinda hoping its not free (but discounted) so they can justify adding a lot of stuff and fixing the game properly. Game needs way more than the missing core and another zone and they had the time to work on it and make it as special as it looked like it would be.

What? Pay so they can justify it? The only reason it should be justified is how much stuff they fixed and extra content they put in it...not money. That's ass backwards.

I hope it costs money for you alone, but free for everyone else :D

Keinning

What? Pay so they can justify it? The only reason it should be justified is how much stuff they fixed and extra content they put in it...not money. That's ass backwards.

That's how the industry works, not what i prefer. If it ends up free i can see it being disappointing and they will say "well what else did you expect from a free update". And ReCore is a game i really, really want to see being fixed and reaching success.

Awesome! I'll gladly jump back into this game for the update. Hope the update includes the ability to swap bots without returning back to base. Nothing was more annoying than trekking out to a new area, only to find I needed to make the journey all over again because I brought the wrong bot.

Kiote

I hope this is a bigger upgrade than has been leaked. I was hoping this could have been one of Microsoft's Top Tier IP. It was kind of depressing to see it fail.

spad3

Other than Scalebound, ReCore was the biggest let-down on the XBO for me. So much potential, but load times and load zones that rivaled games from the early 2000s held it down. I legit stopped playing because going back and forth between zones in a game that could have been a full open world with stupid long load times pulled me away.

If there ever is a ReCore 2 with a full-on open world and ridable robots, I'm all in.

In the mean time, this is a hard pass. Who does a definitive edition of a game on the same platform it was originally released on? Dafuq

Theorry

Other than Scalebound, ReCore was the biggest let-down on the XBO for me. So much potential, but load times and load zones that rivaled games from the early 2000s held it down. I legit stopped playing because going back and forth between zones in a game that could have been a full open world with stupid long load times pulled me away.

If there ever is a ReCore 2 with a full-on open world and ridable robots, I'm all in.

In the mean time, this is a hard pass. Who does a definitive edition of a game on the same platform it was originally released on? Dafuq

Ori had one. Its just a name.

Plenty or indie devs do this.

Sold poorly is always dependent to the target they had. What for us looks like low sales may have been their expectations.

Greenberg said multiple times it was a AAA title and they were treating it like that...well, except for the launch price...

I don't expect they had low expectations for a game they pushed as a "AAA" title...

It was a budget release, so it wasn’t being treated as a AAA game.

No, they didn't ever describe it like that at all...it was a AAA title and their first big holiday exclusive last year....

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/why-recore-is-40/1100-6441833/

It was even mentioned with their other 4 big holiday exclusives last year as to why they didn't need Crackdown 3 released last year....

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-says-it-didnt-need-crackdown-3-this-year/1100-6441834/

Keinning

Greenberg said multiple times it was a AAA title and they were treating it like that...well, except for the launch price...

I don't expect they had low expectations for a game they pushed as a "AAA" title...

I remember the game being treated as an AA title since the start.
Not that i doubt Greenberg said that, greenberg says a lot of dumb stuff, but the expectations for ReCore were never AAA

FaintDeftone

I actually really enjoyed Recore, up until I got to the end game tower segment that wouldn't end. If they really fix this game up and build a better product out of it, I would love to return to it. However, if they don't give us the new content for free then I won't even bother. They shipped us what felt like an unfinished game from the start.

Top Bottom