• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue might be headed to XBLA/PSN

Eusis

You're a terrible person and you should feel bad for bumping this.

Anyway, regading if they are going to port Skies of Arcadia Legends or vanilla... I'm leaning on to them porting Legends because in the vanilla version, it makes use of the DC's VMU when searching for treasures and events, and obviously PS3 and 360 doen't have a VMU.
Maybe they should wait for the Wii U and make an updated HD port for that where you use the tablet to do similar.

ArjanN

To be honest I'm 99% sure these will happen. I think releasing their older stuff as digital downloads has worked very well for SEGA so it's only a matter of time until they get around to them.

To be honest I'm 99% sure these will happen. I think releasing their older stuff as digital downloads has worked very well for SEGA so it's only a matter of time until they get around to them.

They'll probably just find a way to re-re-re-re-release their Megadrive games again.

Alex

Loved it back in the day but I am not sure I could play through Skies of Arcadia again, even Legends, without a few more tuneups to the combat. It's just so plodding even when the encounter rate has been fixed.

What they should instead do is just make a damn new one! Oh god but they'd make it for PSP or some shit and we'd never see it.

Dries

I really want to play Shenmue 1 and 2, but I only have next-gen consoles, so a HD port would me great.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It would be awesome to have Shenmue on the HD consoles, my Dreamcast does not read my old GD-ROM's that well (well, actually it only shows some problems with Shenmue...).

sphinx

the piano man
Skies of arcadia, either DC or GC, is in dire need of a remake. It's way too slow for today's standards.

I'll way for it.

Daytona USA says hi.

Also have a look at Jet Set Radio.

You do have a point and the Daytona port is absolutely fantastic, but.... I do feel its only because of the 'Sega Racing Classic' HD arcade release that we got this. The hard work had mostly been done surely, they just plonked the Daytona licensing back in.. Not that I'm arguing with your point though, Daytona is definitely a high quality port and I'm more than happy with it. If only they pulled their finger out a bit more and gave us a few more really popular HD arcade ports (I know there are a few other decent ports like Afterburner and I'm really looking forward to VF5 FS), I'm thinking stuff like Sega Rally 1/2, Daytona 2, Scud Race...

You do have a point and the Daytona port is absolutely fantastic, but.... I do feel its only because of the 'Sega Racing Classic' HD arcade release that we got this. The hard work had mostly been done surely, they just plonked the Daytona licensing back in.. Not that I'm arguing with your point though, Daytona is definitely a high quality port and I'm more than happy with it. If only they pulled their finger out a bit more and gave us a few more really popular HD arcade ports (I know there are a few other decent ports like Afterburner and I'm really looking forward to VF5 FS), I'm thinking stuff like Sega Rally 1/2, Daytona 2, Scud Race...

I agree with you on your points. I guess the best example would be Jet Set Radio port. It is looking really good and they seem to be taking these DC ports serious now. The upcoming Vintage ports seem to be looking good because they have gone with M2 instead of Backbone which to me is a good decision.

RPGCrazied

These games need retail releases, they are that good. That said I hope its the DC version with the Legends content. The music in Legends is so compressed half of it sounds muffled and terrible.

Marteds

Neo Member
Never played Skies of Arcadia or Shenmue so I would gladly purchase both if they are ported to XBLA or PSN.

aett

I'd much rather have SoA ported to 3DS with all of the GC features, and an even more lowered encounter rate.

Would love to see SoA on PSN. Bought a Dreamcast for it but just couldn't handle the encounter rate making it so slow and ended up dropping it. Need to give it another try.

I'd much rather have SoA ported to 3DS with all of the GC features, and an even more lowered encounter rate.

The scary thing about this is that you actually sound serious.

aett

The scary thing about this is that you actually sound serious.

Uh, yes? Besides the fact that I play games on handhelds about 90% of the time (mostly out of necessity), I think the game would look better on a smaller screen. I love having portable RPGs.

Blit Software (that was involved in Sonic CD HD) is handling Jet Set Radio HD and could likely be doing the other DC ports.

Anyone want to comment on that, good or bad?

I received a hint from a Sega employee/mod at Sega forum about Daytona 2 a while back. Make sense seeing as they bothered to get the Daytona license back and a 'Nascar game' can sell to a whole other audience than classic fans.

Sega Rally Championship 1995 absolutely must come back!

I'll be thrilled when Saturn's big name titles are all digitized i.e. NiGHTS and Sega Rally along with Daytona USA and Guardian Heroes that have already been remade.

Would love to see SoA on PSN. Bought a Dreamcast for it but just couldn't handle the encounter rate making it so slow and ended up dropping it. Need to give it another try.

I can't wait to earn the "fight 1,000,000 random battles" achievement in SoA. Shouldn't take long.

Coxy

Blit Software (that was involved in Sonic CD HD) is handling Jet Set Radio HD and could likely be doing the other DC ports.

Anyone want to comment on that, good or bad?

seems like a good thing to me? The Sonic CD port was better than perfect I thought and bodes well for them putting in all the content at the best settings

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The Crazy Taxi and Space Channel 5 HD ports were good too, and those came from Sega themselves.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

The Gamecube version (Legends) has a somewhat reduced encounter rate (still pretty high though), and that's the version that seems most likely for a port.

The Crazy Taxi and Space Channel 5 HD ports were good too, and those came from Sega themselves.
I thought Crazy Taxi was awful, having different music and the branding removed. Felt different.
seems like a good thing to me? The Sonic CD port was better than perfect I thought and bodes well for them putting in all the content at the best settings
Sonic CD was actually a remake from scratch...
I can't wait to earn the "fight 1,000,000 random battles" achievement in SoA. Shouldn't take long.
but DAT BATTLE MUSIC

.la1n

Skies has aged well, the encounter rate last I played the game (on DC) was pretty horrendous but the story and gameplay are so damn fun I didn't care.

Will gladly re-buy Shenmue for support. Do it Sega.

I will re-buy it on ever system, force friends and family to buy it (in high school I convinced two of my friends to get a DC w/ Shenmue), I will make YT videos about how great Shenmue is.

Fuck I will dedicate my life to making sure it sells so well Sega is forced to give 2 the DL treatment and make 3.

Dries

Isn't there some Dreamcast emulator that you can play Shenmue with? That's kinda like an HD version, right...?

MaddenNFL64

The gamecube version please. And Shenmue 1, YES. I have Shenmue 2 on the Xbox, so I am content, but make a 1 & 2 combo deal already, god damn.

Shenmue 3 one day. One day.

Top Bottom