• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

toonami.com
Toonami Tumblr
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

hCwJ7p0.png

b8KZ6Pg.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

CFuJ1vO.png

XT3NiNQ.png

CFuJ1vO.png

|OT0| |OT1| |OT2| |OT3| |OT4| |OT5| |OT6| |OT7| |OT8| |OT9| |Jan14| |Feb14| |Mar14| |Apr14| [May14| |Jun14| |Jul14| |Aug14| |Sep14| |Oct14| |Nov14| |Dec14| |Jan15| |Feb15| |Mar15| |Apr15| |May15| |Jun15| |Jul15| |Aug15| |Sep15| |Oct15| |NovDec15| |Jan16| |Feb16| |Mar16| |Apr16| |May16||JunJul16||AugSep16||OctNovDec16||JanFeb17|

Seda

syuworX.png

One Piece: March 18
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: April 15
Samurai Jack (Season 5): May 20
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Attack on Titan S2: July 8
Tokyo Ghoul: September 9
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: ┐(ツ)┌
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA.... :(

Seda

Posting this thread a few days early because I might be busy this week and also because I feel like it.

The OP shows the schedule for next week (March 11) because I don't feel like updating it later.

Dio

Banned
Ground floor.

I'm reading the Toonami threads just so I can see reactions of people who've never seen certain shows before, like Jojo and HxH. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Still enjoying lurking the thread and anticipating what's to come.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: April 22

there seems to be some kind of mistake in that you didn't account for the 6 remaining parts of JoJo and the smooth transition directly from one to the next in that time slot for the next 10 years

please demarco

cntr

Banned
running Jojo back to back would mean we'd be done and have to wait for Part 6 in 2019

(assuming Part 5 comes out this year or early next year)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Since March marks the 20th anniversary, I say the subtitle should reflect that.

|Mar17| 20 Years of Anime Action

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh yeah, isn't Toonami going to be using one of their old styles next week?
Yup, I think starting the 4th, we're gonna revert back to one of the old styles. I don't think they ever announced which style won from that poll in early January.

Seda

Ground floor.

I'm reading the Toonami threads just so I can see reactions of people who've never seen certain shows before, like Jojo and HxH. I'm also pretty sure I'm not the only one.

The reactions are definitely a big part of the appeal of this thread.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ground floor.

That's half the appeal of this thread, knowing a show you've seen will be experienced by new viewers & witnessing certain moments with fresh reactions. The other half is discovering a new show along with others who are seeing it for the first time as well.

Seriously, Jojo has been such a fun group watch because of the sheer insanity that happens in the show & just laughing at those who haven't seen it yet just go "omgwtf this is insane"

Mizerman

Ground floor.

It wouldn't be ToonamiGaf without the reactions.

cntr

Banned
"Gotta Go Back, Back to the Past" would be good for both Samurai Jack and the Toonami style callback

Moaradin

there seems to be some kind of mistake in that you didn't account for the 6 remaining parts of JoJo and the smooth transition directly from one to the next in that time slot for the next 10 years

please demarco

There's no way this actually happens. I don't even think we're getting Part 3 right away.

Line_HTX

I've been busy plus I honestly felt the Gundam fatigue again from just looking at Unicorn.

At this point I question if it's even good anymore.

This time I made sure to record Super, Jojo, and Stand Alone Complex HD now that I have my new box. All the old recordings that had Part 1 and IBO were in the other box, so RIP.

You know...I'm surprised the OP even bothered to use a proper banner for Unicorn Gundam given the general distaste for it in this thread.

Lacking a subtitle for the new OP Seda, smh.

Looks like I'm outside the wall of shame this time. Missing half of January will do that, I suppose.
wtzgU.gif

I find that Naruto: Shippuden banner captivating.

Easily the best banner.

Completely representative of the show, especially in its current state on Toonami with the filler going on.

I find that Naruto: Shippuden banner captivating.

Easily the best banner.

Completely representative of the show, especially in its current state on Toonami with the filler going on.
I'm always surprised to find out that I'm the only one on here that refers to Naruto shippuden as "Naruto Shitpooden"

I'm always surprised to find out that I'm the only one on here that refers to Naruto shippuden as "Naruto Shitpooden"

I think I saw some people call the show that at some points in the threads. It helps that I've heard that joke a lot. Same with "Code Gayass" for Code Geass.

Mawile

Banned
Oh wow. I haven't watched Toonami in many years and seeing this list makes me feel they've been stepping up their anime block.

Perhaps I'll get SlingTV or something. 🤔

I think I saw some people call the show that at some points in the threads. It helps that I've heard that joke a lot. Same with "Code Gayass" for Code Geass.
Suzaku is forever Spinzaku.
I mean i would make that joke, but i actually enjoy the show outside of filler.
Naruto makes me feel things. Some good, some bad. I don't exactly hate it, but god damn it has pissed me off at some key points.

I mean i would make that joke, but i actually enjoy the show outside of filler.

I enjoy Naruto for the most part. The only time I actively started to hate the series in general was toward the end of the manga in the last few arcs.

Far as Shippuden goes, I think they just have too much filler and they add it everywhere they can, even in the middle of story arcs, and it gets very annoying at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom