• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some Finalized Switch Details (720p Screen, Up to 1080p output on TV, etc.)

Ninja Dom

Internal Storage : 32gb

Not this shit again. Let me pay 50 more bucks to get a internal storage of 500gb, PLEASE.

(External storage doesn't count, it's slower).

What?

What's the highest flash storage available on a portable device??? 256GB on an iPhone 7 and iPad Pro?? How much do they cost in comparison??

Or am I missing the sarcasm here?

C2B0iKFUkAY4WBt.jpg:large

Just a little bit of info that we already mostly had but now officially confirmed by Nintendo

Where is this screenshot from? Any link?

Sure. Lets compare:

PS4 and xbox one released 3 years ago, 500gb hard drive
PS4 and Xbox one today, for the same price as Switch, 1 TB hard drive
Wii U 5 years ago, 32 gb hard disk

So, yeah, no its not okay. Its a cheap cop out.

Its a portable. A spinning HDD would eat up electricity and may even break easily. SSDs are too expensive
no external hdd support for the dock?

I think thats the important question here

Your average PS4/Bone game is 50 GB in size, the capacity of a dual-layer BD-ROM.

The storage capacity of the Switch should be evidence enough that third party support in terms of ports will be absolutely zero.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You'd be paying the extra if it were included anyway. Better to start low for a good price and people who want more can pay for what they want extra.

For as cheap as its sounding on most fronts that's pretty laughable

At least we can confirm a multi-touch capacitive screen, but I'm still not sure how games will support it and still be playable on the TV.

AzaK

$300
Way under powered compared to cheaper competition
You pay for unproven online
You pay for the full smart device APP for chat and lobbies! (WTFF!!!?)
You pay insane prices for accessories.

The info from the conference was madness. Basically nothing of the awesome stuff and all the bad stuff (Re price etc)

I hope things thing burns big time. (it won't because they are aiming at unsophisticated buyers)

Majine

Banned
Your average PS4/Bone game is 50 GB in size, the capacity of a dual-layer BD-ROM.

The storage capacity of the Switch should be evidence enough that third party support in terms of ports will be absolutely zero.

Note: This machine is not PS4/XBO class in terms of game sizes.

so.. how big is a game? if a game is around 4gb each for larger games like in Vita games, 32gb is pretty decent, and you can expand it further.

if it's more like ps4 xb1 where 1 game can take more than 20gb, than that'd be a huge problem.

what-ok

Why port when you can play them on your other system and allow new games to be made specifically for it?

dottme

Sure. Lets compare:

PS4 and xbox one released 3 years ago, 500gb hard drive
PS4 and Xbox one today, for the same price as Switch, 1 TB hard drive
Wii U 5 years ago, 32 gb hard disk

So, yeah, no its not okay. Its a cheap cop out.

Where did you get your PS4/Xbone? Mine just have a hdd, no flash storage as the switch?

Zomba13

Why port when you can play them on your other system and allow new games to be made specifically for it?

Because porting is good for devs and they get to make one game and then do some work to get it working everywhere as opposed to making multiple unique games for each system.

It means fewer games for the Switch.

That's the big question isn't it, we already know third party support in terms of specifically made titles is going to be piss-poor judging from what happened with the Wii and Wii U.

So I dunno, this is looking pretty bad right now in terms of the kind of software that will be made for Switch.

"Nintendo Switch can also use a wired connection by connecting a lan adapter."

So substandard multiplayer packet stability by default... paid multiplayer.

And download speeds/bandwidth like you're sucking gummy bears through a fucking straw.

I can't believe they are doing this shit again for the 3rd god damn time in a row.

The Ethernet port was standardized in the 1980s and costs like $2 per 5,000+ bulk!

Why do you have to be like this Nintendo???

That's a third of the storage space

I'm aware, it's hilarious. Just saying Skyrim is one of the few 3rd party games that's gonna fit, and that's however many years old now and has really good compression. I doubt they're gonna have mod support though.

Their 3rd party killer app is a 6 year old game that's been re-released already and it won't even have the full feature set of the other versions. This is gonna be a wild ride.

Is everyone missing this takes MicroSD? 32Gb isn't an issue now.

The issue is the consumer is spending more money to shop around in a digitally focused world of gaming where third party titles are ridiculously big. It's silly to make the consumer pay more, however small or big, for additional pieces that are present in other systems at a bigger level, and third party developers are going to hate the fact that their games won't fit on an average system.

This is easy for some of us to take care of, but the vast majority of people probably won't enjoy switching out cards all day if they plan to go digital.

Skyrim was less than 4GB, it fits on a 3DS cart.

How do you know what's on the cart? Maybe it's a 4 GB cart that requires a 20gb download to play. Have they said anything about this? I apologize if they did. But I feel like a lot of these games may not be complete on the cart. This isn't a 3DS, the games are playable at 1080 on a tv.

janoDX

Is GAF stupid right now? Dude you people need to calm down.

Seriously, there's people in here asking for a 500GB portable/home hybrid... The most storage I've seen is an iPhone and it's 256 only.

SD's are cheap, casual people have phones that require microSD or SDHC or XC, they will handle it and buy it.

People need to really stop crying at the fact that the console has 32GB. IT'S NOT A PS4 or XBONE.

Top Bottom