• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will no longer be a Konami executive from April 1st + KojiPro is no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream, hes taking over Xbox Japan, my prediction, hes joining one of the VR companies.

I think if he doesnt join another big company (MS, Sony, Nintendo etc..) he will do a Inafune and start a small company and consult on a bunch of stuff while making passion projects.

Begaria

YVfJQEo.png

"Imagine if you plant a seed at the beginning of a campaign, and then let it grow over the course of the game. You can come back later and cut it down to create a box to hide in."

FrankWza

I really hope that Kojima has indeed severed ties with Konami. The man would finally be free to pursue ideas outside of Metal Gear, which is something he has had a desire to do for a very, very long time now. (And personally speaking, I'd love to see him do something else besides beat the Metal Gear horse, which has been dead, creatively speaking, for quite a while.) I'd love nothing more in life than to see Kojima work on an entirely fresh idea; his talents are too vast to be squandered on the same franchise forever.

!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Someone needs to make a couple of fancy gifs with MGS cutscenes out of this.

But welp :( Really curious whats going on there...

Impressive amount of malice on display here from Konami execs. Hopefully Kojima gets his and gets to work in a supportive environment that isn't actively burning down around him.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm fairly alarmed here.

Konami removing "a Hideo Kojima game" everywhere is fucking crazy. What the hell is going on?

GCX

I wouldn't have believed if someone said a few days a go to me that Nintendo's about to go mobile and Kojima's going to jump the Konami ship.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
WTF is going on? Is MGS5 already finished?

Also Silent Hills is history now ain't it? this series is freakin' cursed. T_T

I think IMO that he's been play testing it.

Silent Hills
Developer(s) Kojima Productions
Publisher(s) Konami
Director(s) Hideo Kojima
Guillermo del Toro
Producer(s) Hideo Kojima
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hills
Granted this is all from a wiki from announced content.

What's Guillermo del Toro doing? He could be sipping on drinks in Maui for all we know.

Jonnax

This story sounds like what happened to The Boss. He did so much for his company and in the end they throw him under a bus and remove all reference to his existence.

ash_ag

Why is everyone cool with Sony buying them but if was another company, this place would burn down.

I explained my reasoning for Sony being a good idea; creative freedom, super-high budget, compatibility in terms of what one asks from the other. And outside those reasons, Kojima being associated with Sony's systems for almost two decades.

What "other company" do you have in mind that is a better idea, and why?

VeeP

Hopefully he leaves Koonami. Dude can finally make something else besides MGS without receiving constant death threats. I'm sure he loves Metal Gear but feels a lot of pressure to work on it.

On the other hand, if he's being forced out its going to suck watching someone else work on his baby.

If he did leave, best of luck Kojima.

Mr. RHC

What the fuck is going on?

I mean he said he wanted MGSV to be his last Metal Gear but removing the Kojima Productions logo and all references to him strikes me as a really odd move.

I can only imagine that under some circumstances Kojima himself wanted the references removed but he has always been quite proud of his main saga games.

Dafuq!

Kama_1082

Banned
I explained my reasoning for Sony being a good idea; creative freedom, super-high budget, compatibility in terms of what one asks the other. And outside those reasons, Kojima being associated with Sony's systems for almost two decades.

What "other company" do you have in mind that is a better idea, and why?
Why not Nintendo or *gasp* Microsoft? Microsoft can offer the money and most importantly the freedom to create what he wants when he wants. It's just majority of GAF and the Internet does not want a kojima game on a Microsoft consoles. And the same goes for Nintendo

Pilgrimzero

"In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you..."

Vexidus

Why would his name be removed if he was just leaving? Something tells me there is more going on for such a reactionary move.

This makes me more interested in seeing MGSV though, aka Konami's swansong.

I don't have a problem with him leaving but scrubbing his name off all games, including one he is still making is really shitty and petty.

If this is his last MGS, fine
If this is THE last MGS, I'm ok with that too. We've looped back around on the story and aside from a re-make of MG1, 2 or MGS1 (which I don't think we need) there isn't anything left to do.

I'm more disappointed he wouldn't be involved with Silent Hills.

methodman

Banned
The story for mgsv must be even more stupid and wasting of Konami's money for voice actors than I thought. Konami finally saw it in action and just couldn't stand having a storyteller like kojima creating games. Cut him out completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom