• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Aesnath

Thanks! Was assuming this but wanted to clarify.

I've cleared it once, but that was against Gaia who is probably the easiest of the non-Hera ones. I probably would clear it more if Hera would actually spawn! I've faced all of them except her.

I have a few major problems with A3. Number one, I don't have a minor damage spike (e.g. loki, okuni, durga, etc.), so if I get hephdra, I'm screwed. Number two, my HP is a bit low at 60k without the HP badge, which makes some of the radar dragons very dangerous. Number three, I have a hard time with active management and waiting for inherits to be up on these longer dungeons. Specifically, I hate the fujin active. It is either essential or utterly worthless.

Either way, I'll probably start trying to clear it in coop, which could relieve some of these concerns.

I've just decided to hold out on A3 until the meta shifts a few more times

even with D.Athena and a solid team and the right inherits it's just not quite enough to overcome bad luck and bad skill :/

and I'm not even really playing at the moment, just logging in, collecting the daily stone, and done for the day

I have a few major problems with A3. Number one, I don't have a minor damage spike (e.g. loki, okuni, durga, etc.), so if I get hephdra, I'm screwed. Number two, my HP is a bit low at 60k without the HP badge, which makes some of the radar dragons very dangerous. Number three, I have a hard time with active management and waiting for inherits to be up on these longer dungeons. Specifically, I hate the fujin active. It is either essential or utterly worthless.

Either way, I'll probably start trying to clear it in coop, which could relieve some of these concerns.
This is why I was falling all over Taz and his 297 Uruka assist on his Dath some pages back. Other than charge time (which doesn't really matter) it's superior to Fujin in every way.

I can make it to the radars consistently but then can't match perfect enough. Active management is pretty simple because just you don't use them except for the floors they are meant for. Learning to combo almost the whole board each turn has really helped me avoid active use. Make sure you stall whenever you can safely along the way too. If a dude starts in 2 try and clear some trash colors and kill next turn or dance for a bit and heal without activating until it's time to kill and heal up.

I also just realized that I never even considered running A3 in coop because I've been so focused on solo clears. Blue hunter is such a beast I should have no problems other than skyfalling to failure. With Indra on both accounts I could probably even tank some rage hits with over a half million effective HP.

Bladelaw

Server's up, New Rag Drag evo and starter dragon upgrades are in.

I evo'ed the Rag's and now my Julie team has over 92000 HP solo no HP badge. I'm pretty sure at full HP I can tank Kali with just the leader shield. I'm running Julie, Rag, Rag, Mathena, Amatsu (Shower of Healing), Julie. All hypered with more relevant inherits. RCV is still an issue even with the badge but Shower of healing is a nice panic button. Skill boosts in the beginning can be problematic if you get orb trolled. I'm thinking of putting Devil Killers on Amatsu. It hits real hard at 7 combos (Matches Mathena after a prong) but I'm worried it's not enough to wipe out Grisar in A3 off a not so great board. I really don't want to deal with his gravity if possible.

Against the Radars I'm not worried, I have Uruka for Hera, plenty long inherits with SDR backup for Heph, I generally don't hit over Gaia and Zeus's null. Noah might be a concern hitting under her null during a favorable absorb. I might need to inherit Fujin on Mathena over another board change. I can reliably hit under Vishnu's shield but Sopdet is damn near impossible given skyfall troll.

EDIT: Just found another Rag Dragon up and tested that team. It plays like a killer focused Ra Dragon team for better or worse. Tons of HP, hits hard against anything they hate and well enough against everything else. I ran Rag, Rag, Algedi (Jorm), Julie (Uruka), Baldin (leader form). It steam rolled A1. Binds can be a problem, so I need to look into a solution there. Azathoth inherited on a Rag would do it, but I have no Azathoth. Valphaak is a solid inherit as a predra laser. I'm concerned about how the killers will play in A3. Instead of Algedi I could bring Mito as a solution to both binds and Devils. Only losing 1 god killer shouldn't affect my overall damage too much.

Was watching a Dzy stream vod from last week and on the topic of farm teams he didn't know you can do solo ALB if the dungeon mechanics allow for it, which I believe most/all of the +15 dungeons did.

So this is a PSA that you can, in case some of you have "ALB/Dios is coop only" burned into your brain.

ALB, Dios x3, Avalon Drake, ALB, and the SB badge = 15 skill boosts. This means you will have ALBs and Drake up first turn and then Dios after for easy swiping.

jiggle

I got a whale on main and the red one on alt
These bosses are predetermined and arrives in rotations right?

Anyway my first 1 shot dungeon!
I think I'm in love with the Anubis/diablos combo(with A LOT of TE)
So jealous of the ppl that got a diablos :(

raiot

I completly annihilated the One Shot Challenge with Anubis/Diablos... But got no Whaledor but the Red/Green useless one... Even the 2 "problem" floors were easy... I had Rajin inherited on Diablos, so i could just unlock and board change on Indigo.
Drahklist COULD have been problematic, but a D/L boardchange, followed by Glavenus with a Mel inherit made him very easy (FINALLY a use for this Heronie POS...)

Aesnath

Tried OSC with D. Athena--failed. On Hades no less. Really just underestimated the damage I needed to do to it. The spawns look doable, but I am worried about titania.

Bladelaw

Tried OSC with D. Athena--failed. On Hades no less. Really just underestimated the damage I needed to do to it. The spawns look doable, but I am worried about titania.
Remember titania doubles your move time so its a lot easier to hit the combo shield.

Cleared on my main and alt, both got whales. Main team was kushi, tachibana, rhaku, amatsu, ryomi
Alt used Noctis, rAnubis, dk cecil, a. Okuni, ryomi friend lead had oichi inherited which is the only non skyfall out i had for titania.

I had 24 seconds to combo on titania. If you can't pull it off in that time then spend time in endless

Cleared the osc and got Whaledor. Super easy clear with Julie.
I got him too. Did it with Krishna with DK Tsubaki sub and I only got hung up on Titania.

Remember titania doubles your move time so its a lot easier to hit the combo shield.

Cleared on my main and alt, both got whales. Main team was kushi, tachibana, rhaku, amatsu, ryomi
Alt used Noctis, rAnubis, dk cecil, a. Okuni, ryomi friend lead had oichi inherited which is the only non skyfall out i had for titania.

I had 24 seconds to combo on titania. If you can't pull it off in that time then spend time in endless
She won't it you have the time debuff from the previous floor. Not sure if this is intended or not because time buffs/debuffs usually overwrite any that are currently active

Bladelaw

I got him too. Did it with Krishna with DK Tsubaki sub and I only got hung up on Titania.

She won't it you have the time debuff from the previous floor. Not sure if this is intended or not because time buffs/debuffs usually overwrite any that are currently active
Where's the move time debuff in OSC before Titania? I didn't run into it with either team.

It only shows up if you fail to kill Serket or whatever in enough turns
Yep, which is what I did. :(

It's possible with Dathena. That was who I was thinking of first but then didn't have a No Dupes team ready for her so I went with Krishna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_vzdfSGbU

Got the whale. Been a while since I even attempted a one-shot. Cleared it with Diablos/Anubis. First really serious dungeon I've used Diablos for. So OP, just need to get a little more consistent with my combos. Probably should slow down and study the board. Don't know if I'll clear on my alt. Can probably do it with DAthena.

b33r

I died first try because I forgot the red dude had a resolve and he rage hit me. Second try was easy since I could delay the boss. Aizen is still my favorite lead. Got the green guy with all the sbr, dunno if I'll ever use him though.

Aesnath

Yep, which is what I did. :(

It's possible with Dathena. That was who I was thinking of first but then didn't have a No Dupes team ready for her so I went with Krishna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN_vzdfSGbU

OK, I beat it--got the whale. Ran D.Athena (Indra)/R. Yomi (Sheen)/R. Persephone (Halloween Karin)/R. Haku (Ryune)/Asmodeus (Anatyphon)/ Friend D. Athena (Orochi).

Ended up needing to use an active to kill Hades, but it wasn't really a problem. Ended up just waiting out Sevenzard's shield, hitting him a little at a time. It was nice to be able to soak the damage from hell bloom, and I could typically heal over his next hit. Couldn't kill Serket in time, so ended up with the time debuff going into Titania. Oddly enough, Titania wasn't too big of a deal. I had a board change up, but couldn't get the combos. But then, she just didn't do too much damage overall, so I just healed and waited until board changes were up. Eventually, I ended up skyfalling into 13 combos (six on the board) for the kill.

As for the whale itself. I didn't realize I could delay it until I got there. Delayed it, then just tried to combo. Probably from the titania practice (and the time debuff going away), I managed to break the shield every time I tried, even without a board change. Last turn of delay, I board changed and killed it.

Also--we might be getting dark sonia as an MP monster. I really wanted her when I was playing gremory; now not so much. A bit disappointing really.

Bladelaw

I was sick yesterday so I spent most of the day in bed clearing out a bunch of tasks I've been meaning to do for a while. The cosmic horrors make great stat inherits (bonkers weighted stats plus an absurdly long cooldown for SDR protection) so I went and gathered the bits for Nyarlathotep (Already did Cthulhu). At max evo and 297 it's the equivalent of +75, +18, +64 added to a green monster and unless you're doing some serious stalling odds of it coming up accidentally are slim. Even if it does it makes greens, cleans trash and delays the enemy.

Then I went and got my Alt's Red Huntress team all hypered which required taking a base Horus to Revo (thanks free globes!) and max skilling some Urds, Chad, Horus, Napoleon. The 8 orb requirement is a bit of a pain but between the dragon killers and the crazy damage it's often worth it. Horus is the only 2 SBR red sub I have, it helps that he makes a great inherit base.

Then I max skilled a bunch of dragon callers/bound: Saria, Sylvie, Kaede (x2), Sumire, and Gadius. A good PAD day all told. The next big hurdle is spending some time in 3P UDR to finally nab an Azathoth so I can go back to farming A3.

EDIT: Looks like Valten is coming. That and Enoch. Valten looks doable with blue hunter but skyfall makes it a gamble. You need to do less than 3.3 million damage on the blue hunters for the killers to stay under the void threshold. It also looks like you'll need to deal with a leaderswap unless you somehow manage perfect damage and kill it in one hit. A beach Sonia board on a Meri team might do it but that's subject to RNG and getting 8 combos on floor one is dicey for Meri without a lot of SB support.

I'm going to give it a go with Blue Hunter with my alt and see how it plays out.

Aesnath

Let's say, hypothetically, I wanted to try the old gods again. I've tried it with Meri more than a few times, but her lack of bulk makes it very dicey--can't take any hits. D. Athena doesn't seem to do enough damage most of the time and I can't combo consistently enough to use Anubis or blue hunter.

Anyone heard of any success with heart-cross leads? Specifically, I have access to two mito and two tsubaki--which would take the crappy damage of the heartcross leads and make it more useful. Something like a Myr team with red subs and two tsubaki or a kaede team with mitos. Could something like that work?

For example, I could do Kaede/Kaede/UEvo Perseus (for SBR)/Mito/Mito work? Heck, I even have an Oichi that I could inherit for a board change if I needed to beat a combo shield.

Bladelaw

Let's say, hypothetically, I wanted to try the old gods again. I've tried it with Meri more than a few times, but her lack of bulk makes it very dicey--can't take any hits. D. Athena doesn't seem to do enough damage most of the time and I can't combo consistently enough to use Anubis or blue hunter.

Anyone heard of any success with heart-cross leads? Specifically, I have access to two mito and two tsubaki--which would take the crappy damage of the heartcross leads and make it more useful. Something like a Myr team with red subs and two tsubaki or a kaede team with mitos. Could something like that work?

For example, I could do Kaede/Kaede/UEvo Perseus (for SBR)/Mito/Mito work? Heck, I even have an Oichi that I could inherit for a board change if I needed to beat a combo shield.

You have a couple options if you're not willing to dump all the dark resist latents you'll ever get onto a Meri team.

Option 1) Build a purpose made kill team. There's a Meri team that can do it but the requirements are pretty steep. Anubis/BHunter are more common. Your team's job is kill floors. If a preemptive on the next floor would kill you, make sure your partner has put up some kind of defense (see below).

Option 2) Build a Support team. Mantastic has a pretty good article up on his site about this. Basically start with a tanky lead (high HP high RCV you don't care about attack) that can eat preemptives, deal with big hits, and provide stellar utility. Things like Susano shields, Indra Shields, Delays, Fujin-likes, Awoken bind clear, multi turn damage spikes, Trash removal, and board shuffle are all recommended options.

Option 1 leads: Dmeta, Anubis, BHunter, Kenshin (yes cross kenshin), Meri, Narga x Hunter with Tsubaki backup hits like a freight train against dragons (81x * 9x).

Option 2 leads: Grodin (or anyone with a similar leader skill), Revo Astaroth (possibly with a full heal inherit), Myr (bring lots of heart makers, moogle is MVP), Dathena can actually be pretty good in this role. Make sure you have 5 SBR so you don't screw the pooch.

I built a Grodin based support team on my alt with gravities to deal with Cthulhu since my main didn't have much trouble on the preceding floors and Big C is the only horror I didn't have an immediate answer to. Now with Amatsu I'm less concerned.

If you run a Myr support team coordinate with your partner on leaving heart orbs around. I know you tend to play with family so this should be easier than working with randos. If not then Moogle gets even more important. My alt's Myr support team is pretty simple:
Myr (Fairy Tale Bind clear), Moogle (Inherit something for SDR), Zera, 7c Hathor, Revo Indra (Susano). I'm probably putting a second moogle on over 7c Hathor just for the extra resistance. There's a decent shot you resist Nyar's blind if you enter the floor with Myr. The trick of course is killing anything with that gimpy team.

lt519

Oh man, all I need is a Jewel of Wood to get my Awoken Liu Bei but I don't have any Zeus Dios yet to complete that team. Got the non-chibi Zhao Yun today. Stupid chibi one wasting a bunch of resources before ): What friend leader am I looking for for my A Lui Bei, Zeus Dios, and Avalon Drake team?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone of using Sima Yi as a lead. 7x6 boards have allowed me to get through a significant amount of material, basically anything up to and including Mythical now is doable. Sometimes I have to wait for Taz's Dathena to come up for me, but mostly I made a bunch of Reincarnated Haku friends and with Sima Yi that team takes care of just about everything. Even running Sima Yi with other Sima Yi's or Diena's seems to work out well too.

I've been experimenting with a mono-water team with my maxed out Savasrati as the lead. It can hit super hard, but I need better blue subs and friends. It is my go to tri-color team now though.

Taz

Oh man, all I need is a Jewel of Wood to get my Awoken Liu Bei but I don't have any Zeus Dios yet to complete that team. Got the non-chibi Zhao Yun today. Stupid chibi one wasting a bunch of resources before ): What friend leader am I looking for for my A Lui Bei, Zeus Dios, and Avalon Drake team?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone of using Sima Yi as a lead. 7x6 boards have allowed me to get through a significant amount of material, basically anything up to and including Mythical now is doable. Sometimes I have to wait for Taz's Dathena to come up for me, but mostly I made a bunch of Reincarnated Haku friends and with Sima Yi that team takes care of just about everything. Even running Sima Yi with other Sima Yi's or Diena's seems to work out well too.

I've been experimenting with a mono-water team with my maxed out Savasrati as the lead. It can hit super hard, but I need better blue subs and friends. It is my go to tri-color team now though.

Next time we get best friend reset l'll add you so its up 100% if its still relevent.

divusrex

For the FF collab, is there a general consensus that the pixel evos are better than the regular ones? I got lucky on both of my pulls, which landed Tifa and Cecil. I'm debating on making L/D Cecil to scrap together a Revo Anubis team. I don't have many light row cards on my JP account, which has me leaning towards pixel Tifa for the void damage awakening.

Bladelaw

For the FF collab, is there a general consensus that the pixel evos are better than the regular ones? I got lucky on both of my pulls, which landed Tifa and Cecil. I'm debating on making L/D Cecil to scrap together a Revo Anubis team. I don't have many light row cards on my JP account, which has me leaning towards pixel Tifa for the void damage awakening.

They are not explicitly better than their standard evos but they provide a utility you can't get anywhere else. I'd go for it if I was sitting on dupes but not my only copy of one.

Does anyone know if we're getting 2x SDR invades in predras? It doesn't feel like it but I could just be getting unlucky.

pretty cool new PAL gacha
image.png

jiggle

I have a ton of the pal points mail saved up from the recent giveaway
Is it really worth emptying the bank fot orpharion parts?

Bladelaw

I have a ton of the pal points mail saved up from the recent giveaway
Is it really worth emptying the bank fot orpharion parts?

no, I just like the trophy and have too many plusses on my JP account anyway

EDIT: just got Another Geist out of it as well as a foot and an arm for Orph.

Bladelaw

final tally after several hundred rolls:
three left legs, One right arm, one left arm, Another Geist. Still need right leg and a head but that's much better than having nothing.

Aesnath

OK, Yog is in (finally) in the REM. Upside is the first GF is at 6x. Downside is no pantheon. I have a strong desire for a yog, but I am also always a bit leery of rolling for specific things--especially 6* GFE. On the other hand, day two has all of the 6* that I want in Blonia, Kaede, and Yog.

Related question, what makes a good Yog team? I'd assume something like Ilm, Revo DQXQ, Revo Sun Wukong,...Allura? Or is it better to go TPA focus for Kanna and the like? How about things that instantly heal, or is Yog's own active typically enough?

I suppose, if I have a good team, I'm more likely to roll. If I don't, it'll feel less great.

pretty cool new PAL gacha

Bizarre. What, exactly is the purpose? It seems odd. Giving out "another" variations seems very strange as it diminishes the potential reward of playing those dungeons.

Bladelaw

OK, Yog is in (finally) in the REM. Upside is the first GF is at 6x. Downside is no pantheon. I have a strong desire for a yog, but I am also always a bit leery of rolling for specific things--especially 6* GFE. On the other hand, day two has all of the 6* that I want in Blonia, Kaede, and Yog.

Related question, what makes a good Yog team? I'd assume something like Ilm, Revo DQXQ, Revo Sun Wukong,...Allura? Or is it better to go TPA focus for Kanna and the like? How about things that instantly heal, or is Yog's own active typically enough?

I suppose, if I have a good team, I'm more likely to roll. If I don't, it'll feel less great.

Bizarre. What, exactly is the purpose? It seems odd. Giving out "another" variations seems very strange as it diminishes the potential reward of playing those dungeons.
Probably skipping this GF so I can go all in on the Ney godfest whenever that happens. I might throw a yolo at it in the hopes for Dmeta.

Yog teams generally make more sense with a TPA focus since you need fewer orbs to maximize damage. Revo apollo, Apocalypse, paladin Cecil, kanna all make good subs. Paladin Cecil is actually pretty good because his auto heals can keep your HP up. You might want a bind clear in there too but it's probably not necessary. I'd recommend wedding satsuki but i think she needs a buff at this point.

As for giving out the "another" monsters in the PEM its a nice out for people screwed on RNG.

bjork

Picked off a couple more evolutions today. Reincarnated Meimei and whatever the highest one for Sigfried is called, I forget what else. Kinda just slowly chugging along with no real goal in sight beyond leveling and evolving guys.

Aesnath

Probably skipping this GF so I can go all in on the Ney godfest whenever that happens. I might throw a yolo at it in the hopes for Dmeta.

Yog teams generally make more sense with a TPA focus since you need fewer orbs to maximize damage. Revo apollo, Apocalypse, paladin Cecil, kanna all make good subs. Paladin Cecil is actually pretty good because his auto heals can keep your HP up. You might want a bind clear in there too but it's probably not necessary. I'd recommend wedding satsuki but i think she needs a buff at this point.

As for giving out the "another" monsters in the PEM its a nice out for people screwed on RNG.

What is with the hype on Ney, exactly? Is she a fantastic sub somewhere (I mean, I see two TPA and 7c; that has to be solid)? None of her leaderskills seem too impressive.

As for the "another" thing, I just guess I kind of wish they'd keep value in playing the game rather than it just being another thing to roll. Still, those things are obnoxiously rare, so whatever helps us get them can't be too bad.

As for Yog, I could field something like Allura (for skyfall)/L/D Cecil/Sub Kanna/Ilm, which seems OK, based on what you are saying. Oddly enough, how is light zhuge liang? I drew him a while ago and never had much use for him. The reason I bring him up is, he covers water (if you were trying to use allura's guard break), has three tpa, an excellent recovery, and recovers 20x his RCV on his active skill (in addition to enhancing and bind clearing). I shouldn't be talking about this, bad luck. I'm never drawing one.

Negator

Volsung Ney is good on blue hunter teams and works as a good pairing with Dark Athena. The Linthia Ney works as a sub for that new 6* dark GFE that JP recently got.

Sure there are more uses but cant think of any off the top of my head.

Ducarmel

if you guys can just post a few id's from your friends list in the giveaway, I'm sure plenty are not aware of the exclusive and it would be appreciated.

if you guys can just post a few id's from your friends list in the giveaway, I'm sure plenty are not aware of the exclusive and it would be appreciated.

yeh I just got home and saw the stream was up and did this for my BFs and a few more

I know from here at least I got both of Liquid's and jiggle's, aesnath, and j0dy and a few more

lt519

So by chance I've gotten the required materials for Awoken Minerva and Lui Bei but I also have the materials and snow globes to reincarnate them? Should I do that as well?

Ducarmel

Reincarnated Minerva is an upgrade no reason not to do it.

Lui Bei it depends what you want to use him for, for now I would say keep him in Awoken form and when you get deeper in the game and know what you want out of him decide if Reincarnated Liu Bei is worth it. If you ever get dupes then go ahead and make the dupe a Reincarnated Liu Bei or Dragon killer version.

lt519

Reincarnated Minerva is an upgrade no reason not to do it.

Lui Bei it depends what you want to use him for, for now I would say keep him in Awoken form and when you get deeper in the game and know what you want out of him decide if Reincarnated Liu Bei is worth it. If you ever get dupes then go ahead and make the dupe a Reincarnated Liu Bei or Dragon killer version.

Thanks, those were my thoughts, it didn't seem like Liu Bei was a big upgrade but Minerva was so didn't know if there was a catch or downside.

Top Bottom