• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power Cover - Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate (3DS)

New handheld castlevania = time to buy new Nintendo handheld, that's how it's always gone for me. I doubt this will be an exception, but I like LoS.

Khezu

Not sure what to think about this. I liked LoS sorta, but I don't really want to play it in a 2.5D game.

On the other hand, I hate iga and all his crappy games.

I'll just stick with the console games.

andymcc

Banned
why does GAF have to hate any new announcement? the same thing happened with Revengeance.

Revengeance is made by a team that has, in their relative infancy, made some incredible titles.

This game is made by a team that made Jericho and the awful Lords of Shadow. Pass.

Beth Cyra

Thank god it's Trevor and I won't feel bad skipping it.

Was going to force myself to buy it for Alucard but now I can continue to wait for the next Castle reboot.

Mlatador

Banned
from go nintendo:

- deep combat mechanics
- involves Trevor Belmont
- Fight with Trevor's version of the Combat Cross
- strong attacks with X
- wider-reaching attacks with Y
- secondary weapons like the boomerang-like glaive and electric bomb
- use these with A
- grab enemies with R
- block and dodge with L
- involves light and shadow magic returns
- earn experience points to unlock new combos
- these include launching foes into the air, smashing enemies down to the ground and more
- includes skeletons, axe-wielding undead and more

Sounds terribly like a god of war clone.

Haven't really been let down yet, so it'll likely be a pickup unless the zeitgeist has a prominent pooey opinion. Then I'll read more about it, maybe rent it.

so we're getting a bunch of bomberman games too?

Yes, but they'll be based upon this universe

Boxart_jap_bomberman-act-zero.jpg

radcliff

So what was up with the russian map.

That doesn't necessarily have to be the cover story. They could have a small preview of 007 Legends but put Castlevania on the cover because they thought it was more important as its an exclusive.

radcliff

Is anyone else worried that LOS 2 is not going to Wii U as if it were, it would probably have been mentioned in the article?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
People who played that Shinobi said it was pretty damn good & the Castlevania images look way better than that game ever did.

Well, it was actually bad. Even worse if you remember the days when Shinobi was actually in vogue. And didn't you just tell me you can't judge a game from screenshots? You're doing it yourself, now.

From the measly 2 scans, that virtually tell us nothing, I saw swinging, so that means I'm in.

smith1.gif

Can't wait for the full reveal and see what goodness they manage to squeeze out of a very underwhelming 3Ds system.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
People still saying LoS is a GoW Clone should be insta banned

Having long ranged weapons seems to be automatic clone for people. No matter the weight and different combos for people and extra mechanics. Just having QTE is also automatic since Shenmue didnt had Quick Time Events definitely not. Castlevania Lament of Innocence is a God of War Clone before God of War existed but without QTE.

Seriously people can be some close minded at times.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Might be canceled as far as I know.

But we'll see. I hope they stick to 2D with it in any case.

I hope it's still in production, but with Konami who knows.
Still, I can't believe this is being done by Mercury Steam themselves. Seeing this was a portable effort, I thought it would have been done by another team, but the same developer of LoS on HD? Well, now I can REALLY say this MAY be a sign of that Western support claim from Iwata XD

Beth Cyra

Having long ranged weapons seems to be automatic clone for people. No matter the weight and different combos for people and extra mechanics. Just having QTE is also automatic since Shenmue didnt had Quick Time Events definitely not. Castlevania Lament of Innocence is a God of War Clone before God of War existed but without QTE.

Seriously people can be some close minded at times.
Calling LoS a clone is nightdress then explaining that be combat system was based very much on the ideas and basics that God Of War laid down and does feel very much lime GoW for several hours and the magic system feels like the Rage system.

Trying to say people should be banned for pointing out how it felt similar and to them it's a bad thing is fucking retarded.

Also don't claim LoI didn't take shot when it VERY much did, but it was for DMC which it really did try to ape it's combat mechanics but failed to capture.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Calling LoS a clone is nightdress then explaining that be combat system was based very much on the ideas and basics that God Of War laid down and does feel very much lime GoW for several hours and the magic system feels like the Rage system.

Trying to say people should be banned for pointing out how it felt similar and to them it's a bad thing is fucking retarded.

Also don't claim LoI didn't take shot when it VERY much did, but it was for DMC which it really did try to ape it's combat mechanics but failed to capture.

I didnt said anything about banning people. Should have quoted the one who said that.

Foffy

Banned
Are you serious????? its not about "Generation" as in console generation??

:O:O count me in as super surprised than, I had no idea.

his_mind%20blown.gif

The constant reports about Mirror of Fate was it would have two characters. There's a reason Simon is on the cover and Trevor is the character they talk about for ingame stuff.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that the game is attempting very heavily in emulating the original Lords of Shadow in its approach. It was an okay game, but I do not want to see more titles that play with all of the blemishes I did not enjoy from the first. One of the reasons I am excited for Lords II is because there were reports that the game would be on an all-new engine and be an open world game ala Darksiders and the Batman games. Here, I was hoping for traditional Castlevania. No need to be outrageous, just some basic Castlevania stuff on the 3DS.

Apparently wanting something simple was too much. I now wonder how much of the game will be good like the first.

Top Bottom