• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Heroes Screenshot Blowout (XBLA, Gauntlet meets Mario Party spinoff)

Thoraxes

Oh man, and I remember how people (myself included) were all "Fuck yeah a new Fable, it's gonna be awesome as hell, fuck yeah".

This just... Man, I can't even express how disappointed I am. Surprised it came from xbox.com though.

Eternia

Why use lifeless and frightening-looking dolls? Just what were they thinking...

I guess it answers the reason for that stupid button on their website.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Oh man, and I remember how people were all "Fuck yeah a new Fable, it's gonna be awesome as hell, fuck yeah".

This just... Man, I can't even express how disappointed I am.

Which thread was that?

The previous thread had most people moaning it was yet another Fable.

Now we see screens, realise it's a board game using the hero dolls and nothing like previous Fable titles.

Thoraxes

Is more of this kind of stuff I can expect to find out about tomorrow from MS?

This is only the tip of the iceberg.

Which thread was that?

The previous thread had most people moaning it was yet another Fable.

Now we see screens, realise it's a board game using the hero dolls and nothing like previous Fable titles.
Not the threads here in particular, but just stuff i've read from various gaming sites, people I know, etc.

I wonder what the new Xbox is going to be like, lol
Totally not gonna have a focus on Kinect at all.

GhaleonEB

Yikes.

22ebe20f.png

Something about this art style is just incredibly unattractive. I can't tell what on earth is going on here. It just looks like a cluttered mess.

Draconian

Oh man, and I remember how people were all "Fuck yeah a new Fable, it's gonna be awesome as hell, fuck yeah".

This just... Man, I can't even express how disappointed I am. Surprised it came from xbox.com though.

What world are you living in? There may have been a few people excited, but most of the vibe here was "lol Microsoft milking the franchise."

Looks fun to me, I've never cared about how games look anyway, and I actually like the artstyle.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hahahaha, oh wow, that art is truly laughable, it's like the early 3D art in mid-90s when artists couldn't figure out how to create proper head shapes with their 3D packages, or connect limbs properly.

Absolutely diabolical art, Phoenix shovelware games have better box art

Every game in the franchise so far has had a 16's rating, impling the audience/fanbase is at least of a certain age, that 16+ are those who the brand has any recognition for.

So why go make this? Why? Tell me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This looks unbelievably bad. I wouldn't be able to come up with a worst art style if I tried.

Troll

Banned
If it is anything like Castle Crashers it might be worth playing. I am going to reserve my judgement on this one.

DTKT

Isn't Mario living in some kind of separate universe? Where usual gaming laws don't apply?

I really don't think it's a situation you can apply as a model.

Mastperf

This series had so much potential...
It's unbelievable how badly those in charge have ruined it. I would love to see the series handed off to another developer.

Draconian

Every game in the franchise so far has had a 16's rating, impling the audience/fanbase is at least of a certain age, that 16+ are those who the brand has any recognition for.

So why go make this? Why? Tell me.

Are you really implying that a game where you can choose a fart option from an expression wheel doesn't skew younger than its rating? Come on man.

Good lord, someone get the star trek memes including:

Picard going "What the fuck is this shit?"

Data laughing

The black guy in the red shirt having an alien seizure

EvB

This series had so much potential...
It's unbelievable how badly those in charge have ruined it. I would love to see the series handed off to another developer.

So Microsoft could tell them to make a 4 player Party Spin off title?

Top Bottom