• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Surfside

Banned
Yes to make it safer. The sets i played with a dude this morning, he always seemed to do it on reaction.
Seeing if i neutral jumped and stuff.
I think he only did it with ex dp, though i'm not too sure anymore.

although romars seems to not be looking at gaf while playing, sorry if its ft3 lol

It's cool, I'll just wait. I'd rather play you guys than randoms because I know I'll just get really angry playing randoms. All I've been doing lately is practicing Ken stuff in the training room. Haven't even played a real person yet so I expect my Ken to be pretty ass.

I don't think it's possible on either PSN or Steam, but I wish I could start a new account with 0 points and just start over with Ken. Don't feel like getting annihilated by Super Golds to Platinum's with a day one Ken.

Thanks for the matches, got a lot to learn.
Sorry to bail on you rice eater, but the nerves are getting to me. Sfv requires some chillout time for me after 10 or so sets.

Whales

Banned
GGS Romars, thanks for the matches, your necalli is pretty good... i get rushed down once and then RIP

I don't think it's possible on either PSN or Steam, but I wish I could start a new account with 0 points and just start over with Ken. Don't feel like getting annihilated by Super Golds to Platinum's with a day one Ken.

actually you can on ps4 if you just make a new user

UncleMeat

I relatively recently started doing a light DP after blocked s.hk occasionally and it works 90% of the time. I'll stop when someone makes me stop.

I'm stealing this. :D

I agree with you on the mirror too, I really never know what to expect from a Ken and I kind of struggle with the matchup. It does feel like a very footsie based mirror to me though.

GGS Romars, thanks for the matches, your necalli is pretty good... i get rushed down once and then RIP

actually you can on ps4 if you just make a new user

Your anti airs were on point, and your damage optimization was scary. I need to practice my antiairs. Aa jab is not the end all be all.

Teh Lurv

The only Kens that put me on tilt are the wi-fi warrior Kens who I know I could normally beat if they didn't have shit-ass connection. These guys never play well, they always do obvious jump-in and unsafe stuff that they can get away with because to me they're skipping every other frame or my hits get rolled-back. To top it off, these are the guys who'll probably teabag in casual or battle lounge matches.

Blueblur1

From the start of the year the schedule was intended to be Character-costume/stage-character.

So season 2 did a soft launch with Akuma in December , then we got Kolin in February , Ed was supposed to be April , Abigail in June (got delayed to July) , Menat in August and Zeku in October.

I genuinely believe Abigail got delayed because he would have been kind of broken for EVO and it worked out fine to have him post evo because it meant a big update the same month as evo instead of a small update... when all eyes are on the game. I also believe capcom expected people to be more excited for the character than they ended up being.

Menat still landing last month put them back on that 2 month schedule so I imagine next week will be a stage and maybe a few costumes or maybe even nothing ?

October will be the final major update for 2017 of course. Then hopefully December will give us our season 3 early access.

Last year we had Urien in September and now we know they’re willing to go as far as October.

Watch them throw us for a loop next year and go as far as November. Lol

GG's Whales

Man this is just so fucking hard right now. For someone who almost never bothers to learn another character, even another shoto feels like a mountain to climb. So hard to break the Ryu habits like using st. MP as a hit confirm. I think I went for crush counter st. HP and st. HK a total of 8 times in 20+ games lol. I kept forgetting about using my V Trigger, although that's not a Ryu thing it just kept happening.

So many things I like more about Ken, I just don't have a full grasp and understanding of how to use him yet. I got frustrated and switched to Ryu for one set just to try win back one to make me feel better about myself. But went back to Ken because I gotta keep working on him.

your AA are so on point... I need to stop jumping

When I played Ken your reads were on point. Just how many times did you successfully jump at me when I threw a fireball lol? As for jumping, look at me. I started hopping around like a bunny. Although a lot of that has to do with me getting frustrated playing Ken who I'm no where near as comfortable yet as I am with Ryu.

GG's Whale's.

Man this is just so fucking hard right now. For someone who almost never bothers to learn another character, even another shoto feels like a mountain to climb. So hard to break the Ryu habits like using st. MP as a hit confirm. I think I went for crush counter st. HP and st. HK a total of 8 times in 20+ games lol. I kept forgetting about using my V Trigger, although that's not a Ryu thing it just kept happening.

So many things I like more about Ken, I just don't have a full grasp and understanding of how to use him yet. I got frustrated and switched to Ryu for one set just to try and win back and set to make me feel better about myself. But went back to Ken because I gotta keep working on him.

Want some more? I've chilled down a bit, ready for more punishment!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
GG's Whale's.

So many things I like more about Ken, I just don't have a full grasp and understanding of how to use him yet. I got frustrated and switched to Ryu for one set just to try win back one to make me feel better about myself. But went back to Ken because I gotta keep working on him.

When I played Ken your reads were on point. Just how many times did you successfully jump at me when I threw a fireball lol? As for jumping, look at me. I started hopping around like a bunny. Although a lot of that has to do with me getting frustrated playing Ken who I'm no where near as comfortable yet as I am with Ryu.
If you're in NA we could play the mirror match sometime. I'm only at 5000LP but I could probably give some advice. I'm pretty sick right now though so I might not be able to play for a few days.

I'll also happily play your Ryu because good Ryus still fuck me up with regularity, though I run into them less and less this season.

CFN Hey_its_that_dog

Thanks for the match Necalli player, I assume you're "hey_it's_that_dog". You were body'ing my Ken so I switched back to Ryu because I just wanted to win again. I know I should just stay committed but losing over and over just makes me want to go back to what I know.

You have a pretty strange play style there. Normally I just commit to a fireball game because most Necalli's I play use that dashing attack sparingly. But you used it very often and no matter how many times I punished it, you kept doing it. But it also worked in your favor part of the time because you made me afraid to throw fireballs. Then sets with Ryu were close so I don't think my Ken would be ready to take you on for a while. But I gotta go back to him regardless.

I'd love to play some of you guys later if you're available but I'm going to take a break right now and watch SCR top 8.

EDIT: Oh wait, so you're the Necalli player Romars? GG's man.

Thanks for the match Necalli player, I assume you're "hey_it's_that_dog". You were body'ing my Ken so I switched back to Ryu because I just wanted to win again. I know I should just stay committed but losing over and over just makes me want to go back to what I know.

You have a pretty strange play style there. Normally I just commit to a fireball game because most Necalli's I play use that dashing attack sparingly. But you used it very often and no matter how many times I punished it, you kept doing it. But it also worked in your favor part of the time because you made me afraid to throw fireballs. Then sets with Ryu were close so I don't think my Ken would be ready to take you on for a while.

I'd love to play some of you guys later if you're available but I'm going to take a break right now and watch SCR top 8.

? No, I'm me. Dog is another person.
Yeah, I do bodysplash way too much lol. More, I feel my anti air game is even more of a problem, you saw how free I was to cross ups.
If I have some advice, I felt you got a little bit predictable when you were low health. Other than that, you were on point. I swear you had radar for my overheads.

Blueblur1

Set up a new router and immediately set up Port Forwarding again. If any of you haven't set up port forwarding you definitely should.

Blueblur1

Really? Whats it do?

Port forwarding insures that for ports you specify your router will accept the inbound packet. In other words, it opens up your router to more connections which helps with services like online gaming.

There are some recommended ports to open for the PS4 and some specific to SFV. Its also a good idea to assign a static or reserved IP for your PS4 or PC. See below.

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

https://portforward.com/router.htm

https://portforward.com/help/street-fighter-v/

Port forwarding insures that for ports you specify your router will accept the inbound packet. In other words, it opens up your router to more connections which helps with services like online gaming.

There are some recommended ports to open for the PS4 and some specific to SFV. Its also a good idea to assign a static or reserved IP for your PS4 or PC. See below.

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

https://portforward.com/router.htm

https://portforward.com/help/street-fighter-v/

Thanks, Ill look into it...

Whales

Banned
GG's Whales

I found your Ken pretty clean tbh, especially for a day 0 one

once you shake off the ryu habits and start doing the ken crush counters and get more used to his combo you will be a beast...

anyhow, if anyone is up for a lobby again right now hit me up

cfn: Whales

at this point this thread is the only way I can get good practice... every other sfv discord or whatever, no one ever wants to play

Moaradin

Do we have confirmation that Zeku reveal is tonight?

Magic-8-Ball.jpg

MrCarter

It was always unlikely that we would have two characters in 2 months so I’m not sure why people are over reacting. If anything, I think we’ll have a blog post for whatever is coming (like costumes/stages) in the maintenance on Tuesday. Or..it’s simply maintenance.

Was at the EGX final today, good stuff.

I didn't enter the tournament, but a lot of my friends from the FGC in Brighton did. Although they won a few matches, none of them made it out of pools. I gave Daniel Dillips a place to crash for the weekend - he's one of the better Rashids in the UK (often regarded as second best, behind Brian) but he went 1-2 in Pools, I was a little disappointed for him, but he seemed happy all the same.

Everyone seemed to have a good time in fact, despite none of them making it out of pools, they all seemed to enjoy their matches, win or lose. I was busy playing other stuff most of the time, Mario Oddysey and other big titles were available to play at the show, so it was a good event all round, but I may try and enter next year. I need to practice and focus more on the game. Daniel has said he'd drive me to some local tournaments if I'm interested in participating.

Pompadour

It was always unlikely that we would have two characters in 2 months so I’m not sure why people are over reacting. If anything, I think we’ll have a blog post for whatever is coming (like costumes/stages) in the maintenance on Tuesday. Or..it’s simply maintenance.

Have we received any content this month? I think every month this season had something even if it was just costumes.

Top Bottom