• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Vipu

Banned
Performance is super inconsistent on my machine. I realize I don't have the latest and greatest here, but I feel like I should be getting a little better, even with my settings on very low. The performance regardless on the settings is stuttery, for lack of a better word.

Sometimes my framerate drops like a rock indoors, and in some other situations.

Here is my rig:

Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz
GTX 770
16GB DDR3

Its not optimized yet so it needs beast of CPU to get decent fps, 2500k is not really that anymore.

Is it more beneficial to have your game look like shit so you can spot people easier? That sort of seems the case for H1Z1 if I'm not mistaken.

I hate when games do this because you can't have the game look good without having a disadvantage.

At the moment, it's night and day difference competition wise with the settings turned down. I leave everything at ultra, but turn foliage and shadows down to very low.

Once optimized, I'm hoping they force foliage and shadows on for everyone to a reasonable amount.

jediyoshi

4wc8EV7.png

fffffffff

I leave everything at ultra, but turn foliage and shadows down to very low.

I'd suggest shadows at medium, otherwise player shadows don't render at all.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Winner winner
dacia's for days
D7628EF16BA92F3D02D7F06451FD48198AE0BB01
Russian car dealer 😏
Do bandages work only at a certain percentage? Like med kits only heal you to 75%
First aid, bandaids heal you to 75%.
Painkillers and Red Bull slowly heals you over time (look at the bar that fills) to 100% if you use enough and also gives you movement speed and small accuracy boost at the max I believe.
Medkits give 100% HP regardless and Syringe grants full 100% boost like painkillers or Red Bull.
Only way to get clothes is via crates with in game currency right?
Yeah, BP for boxes. They will add steam market eventually and you can sell at least the Deluxe edition skins and I guess whatever else you got for $

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Find a car that will save your ass from the blue zone right at the end of the game? Check
Full speed into the zone? Check
Forget the car doesn't stop very quickly? Check
Jump a cliff with the car, jump out seemingly run yourself over, and die to fall damage? CHECK

SamuraiX-

4wc8EV7.png

fffffffff

lmfao

The moment your sphincter slams shut. That or when you're on the opposite island far away from the bridge with no boat in sight.

#JustPUBGThangz

Find a car that will save your ass from the blue zone right at the end of the game? Check
Jump a cliff with the car, jump out seemingly run yourself over, and die to fall damage? CHECK

10/10

Encore! :D

Tecnniqe

Banned
Lmao
Game is a lot harder than I thought. But it's so good.

This game is kicking my ass, but it is so addictive.
Need to learn how to optimally aim, any tips?
Yeah it's great. My best tip is CONTROLLED SINGLE FIRE :3

Also change the sensitivity based on aim X-time scopes.

Hip Hop

umm

what?? H1Z1 top 3?

I don't recall it being that big.

cZF9aBD.png

Anyway, liked of what I played in Battlegrounds today.Feels like an H1 sequel.

deleted

Cant say I've seen any option for it yet, no.

People seem to have just posted IDs but theres nothing stopping us from making a Discord group with EU/NA/Asia servers and such :3

There was, runs a lot better for me. You can hit 60fps for sure I would think tweaking some options :)

Its $29.99, yeah.

There are 2 team modes.
Duo where its you and someone else, either a friend in your group or a random if youre not in a group. The other team mode is up to 4 players on a team, but if you queue alone its you VS groups of up to 4.

Pffft. Probably cause server issues logging in I guess. Already had a few matches with full 100 pop servers but after every one it asks me to reconnect. Ingame connectivity is fine.

4 player mode sounds fine, thanks for the info!

kcxiv

IOm0wRE.jpg

It's off peak so I guess we'll see as it progress how it sticks. Wrecking on Twitch tho.

it should be a top game on twitch for a bit, its a new game, but its not very spectator friendly though. Its kind of boring as its a slower paced game. They had a strong start today no doubt, but King of the Kill numbers are high when the USA gets up when Europe is in prime time and Asia is late night, thats when KOTK gets them 100k concurrent players.

Compsiox

Banned
The gunplay is amazing. Once they optimize the game and tweak the driving H1Z1 will be doomed.

It's already getting such an amazing following.

Tecnniqe

Banned
it should be a top game on twitch for a bit, its a new game, but its not very spectator friendly though. Its kind of boring as its a slower paced game. They had a strong start today no doubt, but King of the Kill numbers are high when the USA gets up when Europe is in prime time and Asia is late night, thats when KOTK gets them 100k concurrent players.
I'm not sure. It's done great all the weekends thus far. I think it's great to watch someone like Sacriel and Summit playing duos.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Can't wait for some more optimization. Getting 50-70fps on low settings at just above 720p with an I3-4170 and a GTX 1050ti. Happy that my CPU can handle it right now, even though it's low settings.

I've not heard of Playerunkown before this, i've read that he's the person responsible for the ARMA version of this/basically getting the genre started, but what sort of position does he actually have with this games development?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I've not heard of Playerunkown before this, i've read that he's the person responsible for the ARMA version of this/basically getting the genre started, but what sort of position does he actually have with this games development?

His title is Creative Director.
The team hes with also made TERA I believe, that MMO among others like a guy from CSGO doing weapon balance.

Thinking about grabbing this with a few friends. What kinda of performance can we expect on a 980 ti (me) , 970 (2 of them) and a 770 (one of them)? We all have i5 4690s.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thinking about grabbing this with a few friends. What kinda of performance can we expect on a 980 ti (me) , 970 (2 of them) and a 770 (one of them)? We all have i5 4690s.

Not sure, think you could manage 60fps.
It's rather CPU heavy until the performance patch in a few weeks.
If anything you get a 2 hour "trial" to test it out :)

The real worry for me with Battleground is that the game is really not interesting for streaming on Twitch. Why ? Because the game is slow and we spend a lot of time looking for stuff ... So I think the game will work less well than H1Z1, mainly because it will not have a lot of ads on Twitch Thanks to streamers ...

The real worry for me with Battleground is that the game is really not interesting for streaming on Twitch. Why ? Because the game is slow and we spend a lot of time looking for stuff ... So I think the game will work less well than H1Z1, mainly because it will not have a lot of ads on Twitch Thanks to streamers ...

I feel the opposite. I find PUBG streams very fun to watch. I usually switch between summit or lirik when I watch streams.

Nivert

So I think the game will work less well than H1Z1, mainly because it will not have a lot of ads on Twitch Thanks to streamers ...

What do you mean by this? I don't think I understand.

edit: if you're talking about it not having viewers I don't think they'll have to worry about that

I have been following the game through Summit stream and got sold on it instantly, bought yesterday and had a blast as expected, the firefights in this game can be gut-wrenching, like really sometimes you are so nervous you spot a rock as an enemy.

Ended up number 2 in my second game last night, didn't managed to find a sniper that ultimately HS me, extremely satisfied with my end result.

Pretty happy with my pruchase so far, never bought an EA game before but this game delivers on all accounts, just wish they focus on optimization in upcoming updates, have some minor FPS drops here and there that can be annoying, nothing game breaking tho.

Keihart

Yeah, i'm playing it on low at 1080p so i can get steady 60 fps since it feels so janky at times.

I76700k and 1060gtx user here.

Renkax

What are the best graphic settings to get a good smooth fps? Got a i7 and a 1070 and it looks and if I'm in towns the frame rate dips :/

Renkax

I also had the funniest death this morning . Being 34%ish of health left driving and I see someone , I do donuts around the person and press F to get out of the car . Thinking it would be like H1Z1 the car will just keep going as I just warp out but nope. The car went over me and killed me

Tecnniqe

Banned
I also had the funniest death this morning . Being 34%ish of health left driving and I see someone , I do donuts around the person and press F to get out of the car . Thinking it would be like H1Z1 the car will just keep going as I just warp out but nope. The car went over me and killed me

Exiting moving vehicle kills you :p

dh4niel

Just bought this on a friends recommendation after he played that beta and I'm having fun with it so far. Doesn't help that I suck with this type of game. Really addictive though.

Bossniak

Anyway to unbind scroll wheel? It's set to switch weapons and I do it accidentally all the time. I have the middle mouse button set to switch fire mode and sometimes when I click it it switches my weapon because my mouse scrolls briefly.

Top Bottom