• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 4-player co-op confirmed

-PXG- said:
Hopefully its this more like that and not like that terrible 8 player "co-op" from Resistance 2.

Why is "co-op" in quotes? R2's mode is actual coop, i.e. people need to use different classes to support each other. Otherwise you WILL fail. How is MW2's everybody-grabs-a-gun-and-starts-shooting "co-op" mode more cooperative?

(also it was not terrible)

Facism

blah blah more GAFA Jack Russels barking because they have no bite.

Shame about the coop. Was looking forward to an orgy of FFO, Lince, Raist and myself. It'd be like a UN party.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No CoOp after all? =/
* Cancels pre Order *

Day one mofos!

-viper-

Banned
Facism said:
blah blah more GAFA Jack Russels barking because they have no bite.

Shame about the coop. Was looking forward to an orgy of FFO, Lince, Raist and myself. It'd be like a UN party.
raist doesn't exist anymore though.

also you forgot me :p

KingDizzi

Banned
Just WTF if this game has no form of coop, still think it will be in the game and GG want to announce it themselves at Gamescom.

Rikyfree

SaintR said:
It's like finding out Santa Clause never existed all over again...
Indeed. I haz a sad... :*(

What I know is that they better have co op or the gaming public is going to give them enormous amounts of shit for it.

dork said:
I think i'm one of the few people who doesn't like coop. At least not online coop.
I don't think I'd buy KZ3 without it. I was not never thrilled with 2, I won't go back for the same package. I'll play it for sure; the sp mode was really fun but there isn't much reason to pre-order it.

Cornbread78

dork said:
I think i'm one of the few people who doesn't like coop. At least not online coop.

Probably, it is really a ton of fun to play alongside others some of my favorite gaming memories were playing through the Halo SP with my buddy, playing through RFoM with my wife and/or daughter and playing R2 co-opp with Family and friends... Good times.

Cornbread78

MNC said:
Did Killzone 2 have co-op? Is it fun to play and worthy of a purchase for it?

There was no co-opp in R2, the the game is DEFINATELY worth the purchase! Easily one of teh best shooters on the market, the controls are standard, but the they have a "heavy" feel to them, so it may take a little gettign used to. Awesome, awesome game, it's only $29.99 as a GH now as well.

A.R.K

Was really excited to hear about the fake co-op news :/. But I still hope there would be 4 player co-op firefight mode or separate missions. I think I read it some where that GG had the plans for that. With every other shooter offering co-op modes, I doubt GG would miss this opportunity to please the gamers. My guess is this would happen and GG is just keeping the curtains over the whole MP stuff for now.

Lagspike_exe said:
Because it didn't take them 5 years to make KZ2. It took 18 months of full production.

Didn't pre-production start before Killzone was released in November 2004? I get that you're not counting pre-production
for no reason other than to prove your point

-PXG-

SolidusDave said:
Why is "co-op" in quotes? R2's mode is actual coop, i.e. people need to use different classes to support each other. Otherwise you WILL fail. How is MW2's everybody-grabs-a-gun-and-starts-shooting "co-op" mode more cooperative?

(also it was not terrible)
I did that because it was a piss poor, half assed, boring excuse of a co-op mode. MW2, ODST, Gears 2, Borderlands and both Left for Dead titles, offer superior game play, level design and features. R2's pales in comparison. The PS3 deserves better. Killzone is THE game that should deliver quality co-op to the system.

Massa

-PXG- said:
I did that because it was a piss poor, half assed, boring excuse of a co-op mode. MW2, ODST, Gears 2, Borderlands and both Left for Dead titles, offer superior game play, level design and features. R2's pales in comparison.

You can have your (wrong) opinions about it, it's still a cooperative mode.

Top Bottom