• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol1dus

We were playing soul sacrifice. I tried inviting van once but he never came.

I see how it is, fuck you cyborg!

I don't even want to play with you guys. I'm too good at SS anyway.

(I beat tearaway last night, great little game but I was ready for it to be over by the end. Didn't overstay it's welcome like the LBP games. Then I started Terraria, and ended up going to sleep at 3:30am.....)

Vashetti

Banned
How many Vitas do we think Sony have sold so far?

I know they mask the numbers with PSP sales but we should have a fair estimate by now, right?

I just love this thing and think Sony could still make a success of it. No where near 3DS numbers mind you, but enough that it couldn't be called a flop.

I hope Christmas was good for sales.

Xeno_V

So, I am thinking what to buy from the EU January PSN sale.

- Is there a chance that I will like Muramasa if I don't like games like Dragon's Crown in general?

- I have never played a LBP game (ok I played LBP1 for 1-2 hours max at a friend's place). Is LBP Vita a good entry point to the series? I am not into creating/editing levels so with this in mind is it still good as a platformer?

- I am also thinking about Wipeout 2048.. I have spent many many hours on HD / HD Fury / Pulse / Pure. Is it just another Wipeout or did most people find it more fun and enjoyable than other games in the series? How about the expansions that add levels from HD, do you think that they are a worthwhile addition?

- I have never played a LBP game (ok I played LBP1 for 1-2 hours max at a friend's place). Is LBP Vita a good entry point to the series? I am not into creating/editing levels so with this in mind is it still good as a platformer?

The base platforming was a little ropy in the PS3 original, but it's improved greatly and the Vita is indeed a good starting point for the series. I'd be lying if I told you you'd be getting the most of the game if you weren't into customization or creation though. That said, you can still play thousands of levels others have created without ever having to enter creation mode yourself. If you want a straightforward 2D platformer, Rayman Origins or Legends would be your best bet.

Dr. Buni

100%'d Guacamelee! yesterday. Fantastic game, loved the alternate ending.

Now I plan to plat Soul Sacrifice. :3

Anyway, I also want to buy the PSP/Vita Persona games, but something is telling me to wait for a promotion :x Damn.

GYNGA

- I am also thinking about Wipeout 2048.. I have spent many many hours on HD / HD Fury / Pulse / Pure. Is it just another Wipeout or did most people find it more fun and enjoyable than other games in the series? How about the expansions that add levels from HD, do you think that they are a worthwhile addition?
LBP Vita campaign is real good, plus there are some additional levels which are both challenging and fun. I'd say go for it.

Wipeout is good as well, and it's absolutely stunning.

Shengar

100%'d Guacamelee! yesterday. Fantastic game, loved the alternate ending.

Now I plan to plat Soul Sacrifice. :3

Anyway, I also want to buy the PSP/Vita Persona games, but something is telling me to wait for a promotion :x Damn.

They said that the Avalon Pact trophy now requires you to complete Forgotten pact as well, which includes some insanely hard gemini quest. This make me drop my plan to plat Soul Sacrifice. But if you still want it, maybe I could help with those forgotten pacts.

Dr. Buni

They said that the Avalon Pact trophy now requires you to complete Forgotten pact as well, which includes some insanely hard gemini quest. This make me drop my plan to plat Soul Sacrifice. But if you still want it, maybe I could help with those forgotten pacts.
Yeah, I certainly would like some help, but I will try to get the other remaining trophies and leave the one you said for later. Unless you have any other plans.

Almost didn't recognize you (because of the avatar), btw.

Elvick

Banned

- Is there a chance that I will like Muramasa if I don't like games like Dragon's Crown in general?

Wipeout 2048 is awesome. And I do think the DLC was a nice addition, especially since it's cross buy. :3

LBP Vita is the best in the series IMO. Tons of stuff to play with user created levels, and there's a lot of single player content. The arcade is a great addition to the SP experience. There's some more arcade games in the Marvel pack for LBP Vita as well. And there's a level pack coming for DC Comics next year.'

Glad I got the platinum fairly quickly then. :p

Couldn't you just not update the game and get it that way though?

I actually quite like Batman Blackgate.
This is why people should try things for themselves. I need to beat it. I got lost. :\

Omerta

I actually quite like Batman Blackgate.

Good to hear. I'll end up buying this eventually, possibly after a price drop.

I feel people were potentially a little harsh on this game; possibly because they wanted an arkham open world game, possibly because they wanted a metroid game, possibly because they wanted a castlevania game.

Elvick

Banned

I feel people were potentially a little harsh on this game; possibly because they wanted an arkham open world game, possibly because they wanted a metroid game, possibly because they wanted a castlevania game.
People who wanted an open world game on Vita are delusional. I'd love that, but the only way I see us getting another one (aside from Gravity Rush 2) are from Sony themselves. I don't see any 3rd party investing in an open world game on Vita.

Unless it's a port. And then people would have just complained that 3DS got it's own game, while PS Vita got a "shit port".

People have to always complain over something. A lot of the hate I've seen of the game, on other sites, is that it was a "shitty 3DS port".

edit; And I realize it's not always the same people... but still.

Shengar

Yeah, I certainly would like some help, but I will try to get the other remaining trophies and leave the one you said for later. Unless you have any other plans.

Almost didn't recognize you (because of the avatar), btw.

I really like the game and want to plat it, but completing those pact is really tedious if played solo.

I change my avatar to favorite musician of mine after knowing that there is somebody else have took Scrooge avatar complete with a tag :p

gaf, a friend of mine is on a trip to Japan and I'm thinking to ask him to get me some jp games. any recommendation of import friendly jp games? as in I don't need to know japanese to enjoy the game?

if you want to know my previous import purchases, I bought Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2 and Shinovi Versus, both has been confirmed for localization I think. although not as accurate as Laughing Banana.

anyway, I'm thinking to get some gundam game, so either Gundam Breaker, or gundam extreme vs game for PS3, how import friendly is gundam breaker? and is it a good game?

any other recommendation? I play all kind of games from rpg, action, shooter etc although rpg is probably not an option because I don't understand japanese.

AmanoBuff

Singapore Vitabros: Does Singapore Vitas work the same as Japanese ones over there (X and O reversed)?

My GF is over there and I'm seriously considering asking her for a Cosmic Red Vita if it works like the western ones. If it works like the Japanese ones though I'd rather spare her the trouble and import via eBay myself.

Any response is much appreciated.

Redhood

Do we have a source of it? I found it the hard way when the trophy did not pop and I thought my save had glitched. The only easy way to do it now is to start fresh with a new bubble without updating the game. Downside is that no multiplayer and some of the avalon pacts are a bit hard.

matmanx1

gaf, a friend of mine is on a trip to Japan and I'm thinking to ask him to get me some jp games. any recommendation of import friendly jp games? as in I don't need to know japanese to enjoy the game?

if you want to know my previous import purchases, I bought Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2 and Shinovi Versus, both has been confirmed for localization I think. although not as accurate as Laughing Banana.

anyway, I'm thinking to get some gundam game, so either Gundam Breaker, or gundam extreme vs game for PS3, how import friendly is gundam breaker? and is it a good game?

any other recommendation? I play all kind of games from rpg, action, shooter etc although rpg is probably not an option because I don't understand japanese.

I haven't played Gundam Breaker but there is a demo on the JP PSN store and I have heard that knowledge of Japanese is not required to enjoy the game.

Extreme VS is getting a new version at the end of January called Full Boost and I imagine all of the online play will be moving over to the game. I would wait on that one unless you just want to play the single player stuff.

I picked up Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny recently for the Vita and am enjoying it. It's cheap and it plays similarly to Extreme VS in terms of mechanics and the way the single player missions are layed out. If you want a meaty single player Gundam experience on the Vita to tie you over until Extreme VS Full Boost hits then Battle Destiny is the game I would pick.

LMN

For gundam, both games are very different, do you prefer arcade fighting game or grinding/customizaiton semi monhun game? I own Gundam Breaker, I really enjoyed it, very import friendly, high customization level, really challenging (on later stage), grinding for rare parts/weapons. It a dream game for gundam/gunpla fan =). Gundam breaker is a good game but with lot of flaws, the level of drop can be really frustrating, the list of gundams or enemies mecha is not a lot, etc. On the other hand Gundam vs extreme is a lot more polish on many levels, along with bigger roster. Though I don't own a ps3, I have been a fan of Gundam vs. serie, ever since I owned Next plus on my psp. I would recommend you to get both, but if not, then I personally would choose gundam vs extreme.

hopes that help (sorry for my bad eng)

marrec

Banned

I'm playing through Blackgate right now and am quite enjoying myself but I can see where people would be pissed about it not being a proper Arkham game. It would obviously be doable on the Vita.

Dr. Buni

I really like the game and want to plat it, but completing those pact is really tedious if played solo.

I change my avatar to favorite musician of mine after knowing that there is somebody else have took Scrooge avatar complete with a tag :p
What is your PSN ID? Let me add you.

Goli

Rumor:

Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls is getting a Vita port. It's a social card game already available on phones. It's kind of popular.

Aren´t we supposed to not post pictures of magazines and things like that OR scans?
Also, that´s not Cinderella Girls, it says that´s a novelized version of it called Cinderella Story, for Vita, iOS and Android.

Maedhros

How many Vitas do we think Sony have sold so far?

I know they mask the numbers with PSP sales but we should have a fair estimate by now, right?

I just love this thing and think Sony could still make a success of it. No where near 3DS numbers mind you, but enough that it couldn't be called a flop.

I hope Christmas was good for sales.

Something between 4 and 6 millions.

I haven't played Gundam Breaker but there is a demo on the JP PSN store and I have heard that knowledge of Japanese is not required to enjoy the game.

Extreme VS is getting a new version at the end of January called Full Boost and I imagine all of the online play will be moving over to the game. I would wait on that one unless you just want to play the single player stuff.

I picked up Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny recently for the Vita and am enjoying it. It's cheap and it plays similarly to Extreme VS in terms of mechanics and the way the single player missions are layed out. If you want a meaty single player Gundam experience on the Vita to tie you over until Extreme VS Full Boost hits then Battle Destiny is the game I would pick.

For gundam, both games are very different, do you prefer arcade fighting game or grinding/customizaiton semi monhun game? I own Gundam Breaker, I really enjoyed it, very import friendly, high customization level, really challenging (on later stage), grinding for rare parts/weapons. It a dream game for gundam/gunpla fan =). Gundam breaker is a good game but with lot of flaws, the level of drop can be really frustrating, the list of gundams or enemies mecha is not a lot, etc. On the other hand Gundam vs extreme is a lot more polish on many levels, along with bigger roster. Though I don't own a ps3, I have been a fan of Gundam vs. serie, ever since I owned Next plus on my psp. I would recommend you to get both, but if not, then I personally would choose gundam vs extreme.

hopes that help (sorry for my bad eng)

thanks for the reply. I think I'll pick seed battle destiny, I enjoy the anime and will play primarily the single player anyway. I'll probably wait until Gundam Breaker got a few sequel to polish things up a bit. :D

baekshi

Banned
thanks for the reply. I think I'll pick seed battle destiny, I enjoy the anime and will play primarily the single player anyway. I'll probably wait until Gundam Breaker got a few sequel to polish things up a bit. :D
Good choice, the Gundam Breaker on Vita doesnt have online from what I hear. I have the PS3 version, while great, they arent many missions to play. Its really hard to complete game on your later in the level. I did say impossible.

LMN

Good choice, the Gundam Breaker on Vita doesnt have online from what I hear. I have the PS3 version, while great, they arent many missions to play. Its really hard to complete game on your later in the level. I did say impossible.

Gundam Breaker on Vita does have online play and also cross-play with PS3 as well, also the Vita version added 30 more missions. This means that there should be overall 100 missions, I don't think you can said that there are not a lot of mission to play.

Skyzard

Banned
Bit random but next 3 games I'm buying:

Luftrausers - htfu please
TxK - if not too overpriced
DBZ:BoZ - retail copy most likely I think

jonno394

Upgraded to a 32GB today (traded in a couple of items - Tearaway, Nintendo Land and my 16GB card, so I got it for £12 in the end). Was sick of having to swap my 16GB card with my 4GB card to be able to play Killzone.

Loving Broken Sword 5 but experienced quite bad graphical glitches in one location this being
Hobbs' studio
. Other than that I adore what I've played, cannot wait for part 2.

yella

I just noticed that my Vita friends list is very empty :(

Add me everyone for some Soul Sac, Sonic Racing, SFxT or whatever:

UziPinkyRing

I'll send you an invite later. My PSN ID is oldyella. Look out for it!

Btw, are there going to be any more Sonic All Stars trophy boosting sessions any time this weekend? Would love to get the Team Sonic trophy among others out of the way.

Btw, are there going to be any more Sonic All Stars trophy boosting sessions any time this weekend? Would love to get the Team Sonic trophy among others out of the way.

I'm down. I don't really like anything about the game, especially the framerate at times, but I'm down for some free trophies. Hopefully soon as I doubt this game will stay on my mc for very long.

I just noticed that my Vita friends list is very empty :(

Add me everyone for some Soul Sac, Sonic Racing, SFxT or whatever:

UziPinkyRing

Adding you. Though I feel like I will be playing P4G for the next month. This game is seriously heroin in videogame form.

snipe_25 if anyone wants to add me.

Dr. Buni

I am currently playing Sonic Transformed, so I am in for some online trophy hunt.

Also, just added Amjad and HowardRoark.
One of the few games where I think the "Bad" Ending is WAAAY better than the "Good" :)
Really? Why so?

I am usually a "bad ending" appreciator, but this time around I liked the good one the most.

Con_Smith

Banned
Is there a doc for all the vita bros psn names so I can add you guys. Don't really want to comb the thread for names.

J-Chris88 if anyone would like to add me btw.

Loving my vita after having it about a week and am in the works to really customize this bad boy (hard to find good Mako wallpapers or any kill la kill stuff really but I think I'll manage with some Adventure Time.) Also I downloaded wake up club today in memory of the greatest man to cast my pods.

baekshi

Banned
Gundam Breaker on Vita does have online play and also cross-play with PS3 as well, also the Vita version added 30 more missions. This means that there should be overall 100 missions, I don't think you can said that there are not a lot of mission to play.
So it does have online. Thats good to know, everyone was saying before release based on interview that there was no online, just ad hoc. It also has cross save so shares the same trophy list. Even with 30 more added, it can be probably be completed in one sitting.

Flandy

Going to be out with my family until tomorrow so my Vita is going to be getting a little more love than normal :) Pretty sure I won't be posting until then. Cya Gaf

Shinriji

Just send an invite if you see me online!

LMN

So it does have online. Thats good to know, everyone was saying before release based on interview that there was no online, just ad hoc. It also has cross save so shares the same trophy list. Even with 30 more added, it can be probably be completed in one sitting.

Yeah, it kinda weird that they didn't mention anything about online at all, until the game was released and was confirmed by player.
On the other hand, completing this game in one sitting is just absurd, if you said this, then all games are short, SS, muramasa, dynatsy warrior, etc. The game is designed for grinding, finding parts/weapons, building your own mobile suit, if you just playing so you can complete all the missions and finish with it, then I don't think you are playing the game correctly =P.

Tsunamo

Boy Muramasa sure is fun!

I don't like the constant backtracking required (unless you have the item to warp, forgot the name) but the combat and different sword/gameplay styles along with combinations keeps me going and loving it. I've been craving a good 2D action game for a long while now and Muramasa Rebirth gave me what I was looking for.

cyborg009

Banned
The sword jokes went full force last night baekshi you missed it when you disconnected.

edit: Also I'm up for sonic to get the trophy.

I see how it is, fuck you cyborg!

I don't even want to play with you guys. I'm too good at SS anyway.

(I beat tearaway last night, great little game but I was ready for it to be over by the end. Didn't overstay it's welcome like the LBP games. Then I started Terraria, and ended up going to sleep at 3:30am.....)

I keep forgetting I have you on my friend list.

Played a bit of Sonic All-Star and it's really slick. Gonna be getting some mileage out of it. Also got a chance to play Rayman Legends and Killzone. Legends looks to have taken everything good about Origins and made it better. Killzone looks and plays fantastic. So many Vita games to play right now.

Is lego marvel the same as the console version?

Sol1dus

The sword jokes went full force last night baekshi you missed it when you disconnected.

edit: Also I'm up for sonic to get the trophy.

I keep forgetting I have you on my friend list.

What's your psn? I have a bunch of people from gag but don't know your names on there.

I'm Solidsilence. I'm up for doing a sonic race tonight or if you need help with any soul sacrifice boss I can help. Last week I did the Gemini kraken with golem and the random so got paired with sucked butt. I sacrificed them all and managed to beat it. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom