• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

Does this thread have a "What stand can beat Ultimate Kars?" discussion once a year? I swear I asked this last year.

Ultimate Kars was beat by Joseph's most powerful ability: Luck.

There's a stand that manipulates luck, somewhat. Maybe that.

Some of the other bullshit stands could probably do it, like Heaven's Door, GER, Notorious B.I.G maybe.

I wasn't in this thread prior to last year so missed this, but it's a cool discussion. If Joseph can beat Ultimate Kars I think there's a lot of stands that could beat Kars.
Don't worry I'm not even complaining. It's just always funny to see that Jojo newcomers ask the same questions. Jojo and HxH are pretty much my favorite properties to discuss cause it's actually interesting.
Ultimate Kars was beat by Joseph's most powerful ability: Luck.

There's a stand that manipulates luck, somewhat. Maybe that.

Some of the other bullshit stands could probably do it, like Heaven's Door, GER, Notorious B.I.G maybe.
How could Heaven's Door beat Ultimate Kars? I don't even consider it a bullshit stand since certain aspects of what it even reads is blocked by Rohan's mindset. How that thing couldn't even tell that that dude that had Cheap Trick had a stand is laughable.

cntr

Banned
Heaven's Door is one of the most powerful stands in the series. That mind block thing was a unique situation with Reimi, doubt it'd happen again.

It can do shit like this:

DIM4lBI.jpg

Heaven's Door is one of the most powerful stands in the series. That mind block thing was a unique situation with Reimi, doubt it'd happen again.

It can do shit like this:
That still doesn't explain how he didn't know about Cheap Trick. I guess the stipulation is that the stand user himself didn't even know about it. So Rohan must read all of his food right?

cntr

Banned
Cheap Trick's is basically a parasite stand, so yeah, I think Masazo Kinoto just didn't know about it.

Jojo is about supernatural stuff. So stands like Cheap Trick are Araki's explanation for things like curses or demonic possession or whatever random supernatual stuff you can think of.

Matsukaze

Does this thread have a "What stand can beat Ultimate Kars?" discussion once a year? I swear I asked this last year.
Oh, that one pops up more than once a year lol.

And Ultimate Kars lost some of his luster in my eyes when I realized his Instant Evolution is objectively weaker than Darwin's of the X-Men (the comics version, not the really depowered movie version). But then I remembered we never got 36 Darwins on Mars, so Kars has that joke going for him.

caliph95

Oh, that one pops up more than once a year lol.

And Ultimate Kars lost some of his luster in my eyes when I realized he's weaker than Darwin of the X-Men (the comics version, not the really depowered movie version). But then I remembered we never got 36 Darwins on Mars, so Kars has that joke going for him.
Knowing comics Darwin would develop a stand in order to survive in JoJo

and there is only one Kars and he is not on mars

Jolyne does not listen to Jotaro. So Jolyne and Jotaro are getting eaten by a fucking Inception stand so in order to escape the room Jotaro has to Ora his own daughter through a wall...yep...this is Jojo.

Ezalc

People also asked whether it would be possible for ultimate kars to evolve a stand of his own, which if possible would make him even more bullshit in terms of OP.

In regards to the hand and cream, they'd have to get all of his body at once to stand a chance otherwise Kars' bullshit healing factor could probably just bring him back.

cntr

Banned
Canonically, you can get a stand from being a master of hamon, so yes, presumably Kars could eventually get a stand. Or he could steal Killer Queen.

Always liked the idea that the Pillar Men "Modes" were actually stands, though.

Canonically, you can get a stand from being a master of hamon, so yes, presumably Kars could eventually get a stand. Or he could steal Killer Queen.

Always liked the idea that the Pillar Men "Modes" were actually stands, though.

Wammu's wind technique and the first part of his encounter with Ceaser definitely feel like a early idea for stands.

My head cannon likes the idea that only Hammond could beat the Piller men. Though we're stands around prior to the startdust crusade? Feel like it's something Speedwagon should have come across. On a side note, Speedwagon dying alone made me sad :(

cntr

Banned
There aren't officially any stands before Stardust Crusaders, but Araki did retcon hamon and vampirism into being manifestations of psychic energy (like stands) during a side chapter in Part 7. So sort of.

cntr

Banned
Back when Joseph first talks about Stands way back at the beginning of Part 3, there's a bit of kanji next to the phrase SUTANDO that means "hamon of the soul".

So yeah, pretty much.
Probably not canon with the Part 7 retcon, though.

What's this Kars on Mars business? Thought he ended up drifting through space and just stopped thinking?

Damn the conclusion to battle tendency is one of my all time favourite anime moments. Joseph and Gintoki are very similar characters, so I loved the VA choice. On a side note, there must be a good few JoJo references in Gintama I missed over the years?

cntr

Banned
What's this Kars on Mars business? Thought he ended up drifting through space and just stopped thinking?
There's a Jojo novel (not written by Araki) called Jorge Joestar where, as part of the plot, there ends up being 32 Kars on Mars, among other inane pieces of bullshit.

It's incredible garbage. Also contains spoilers up to Part 7.

Damn the conclusion to battle tendency is one of my all time favourite anime moments. Joseph and Gintoki are very similar characters, so I loved the VA choice. On a side note, there must be a good few JoJo references in Gintama I missed over the years?
6d1.png

Oh. I recently finished the first three chapters of a JoJo story I was working on, and was wondering if anybody would be willing to read the rough draft and tell me what they think of it.

The story is called 1999 Bizarre Summer Job and is based on a funny reddit post I saw a couple months back. In it, Josuke, in order to get some money, decides to apply for a summer job in the offices outside Morioh. He gets hired and ends up working directly under their long-time employee Kosaku Kawajiri. Comedy hijinks ensue as Kira desperately tries to not be found out by his new subordinate and both of them try to survive this summer job.

Anybody interested?

Who is a worst father Joseph or Jotaro

Who is the better Josis
FF or Ermes
Joseph was a least willing to be a dad when he found out about Josuke. Jotaro just dropped Jolyne to chase dolphins. Jolyne kind of sort seems to hate the shit out of Jotaro at this point.
Yo jaded post more about your reading of part 6
I need to read your impressions fam.
I just finished volume 2 if I'm not mistaken. This is weird, but it's not peak weird. I'm actually finding part 5 to be weirder personally.

cntr

Banned
Jotaro had the bad luck of being both completely socially awkward and having to go fight Dio's minions and hunt down the arrow.

better reasons than either ging or gendo, at least

I just finished volume 2 if I'm not mistaken. This is weird, but it's not peak weird. I'm actually finding part 5 to be weirder personally.
Oh, just you wait.

Jotaro had the bad luck of being both completely socially awkward and having to go fight Dio's minions and hunt down the arrow.

better reasons than either ging or gendo, at least
Hey...Gendo had a to science up a cure for humanity getting fucked or something after his wife got vaporized. So this legit really does get weirder than Vento Aureo? Oooh boy...

StayDead

Ok so I just finished Part 5 while on the train.
Rolling Stone
was a really interesting way of ending it. Had a huge grin on my face when my boy
JP Polnareff
appeared from the inside of the turtle.

I loved that part. I think so far it's my favourite without a doubt. All the stands were awesome, the main characters were all great and it was pure insanity which is what I expect and love <3

caliph95

Maybe if Uncle Josuke was allowed to watch over Jolyne she wouldn't be doing a 15 year stint right now.
At least she wasn't with Great Grand uncle Giorno

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rhQnply.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xVSn3rP.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uNSKhIy.jpg[/IMG]

Tizoc

Hey...Gendo had a to science up a cure for humanity getting fucked or something after his wife got vaporized. So this legit really does get weirder than Vento Aureo? Oooh boy...

Eva's Gendo was a selfish piece of shit who made veryone around him miserable because he can't go over the death of his dumbass wife.
Everything he did was to try and see his wife again because he is an empty self destructive shell of a man.

Quit dawdling and get back to reading Part 6, shit is only STARTING to get ridiculous.

cntr

Banned
Giorno is Joseph's half-uncle, but is less than a quarter of his age.

Giorno is about a decade older than Jolyne, but he's her half-great great grand uncle.

Eva's Gendo was a selfish piece of shit who made veryone around him miserable because he can't go over the death of his dumbass wife.
Everything he did was to try and see his wife again because he is an empty self destructive shell of a man.

Quit dawdling and get back to reading Part 6, shit is only STARTING to get ridiculous.
I read this when I'm not busy at work and just grabbed the final volume of Part 5 so I have to digest that craziness today. Gendo also fucked the daughter of a woman he was desperation fucking...so yeah screw him.
Giorno is Joseph's half-uncle, but is less than a quarter of his age.

Giorno is about a decade older than Jolyne, but he's her half-great great grand uncle.
Holy shit. So what is he to Josuke?

caliph95

I read this when I'm not busy at work and just grabbed the final volume of Part 5 so I have to digest that craziness today. Gendo also fucked the daughter of a woman he was desperation fucking...so yeah screw him.

Holy shit. So what is he to Josuke?
Dio just made the joestar family convuluted

He should be his Great Half Uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom