• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDÉAME 2013 Indie Conference by the University of Madrid and Nintendo

wsippel

Banned
As nobody made a thread yet as far I can tell, I decided to do it even though I don't speak Spanish. Hope some of our Spanish guys will help out with news and translations.

What is iDÉAME? It's a yearly developer summit in Madrid, Spain, organized by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Nintendo Iberica. Think GDC, but much smaller and with a heavy Nintendo focus (obviously).

When is it? This upcomming weekend, April 13th and 14th.

Who'll be attending? Mostly European indies, obviously. Plus a few special guests. Here's a comprehensive list of speakers confirmed so far:

Alex Neuse (Gaijin Games)
Mike Roush (Gaijin Games)
Alex Zoro (Pixel Toys)
Andy Tudor (Slightly Mad Studios)
Antonis Pelekanos (Nicalis)
Tyrone Rodriguez (Nicalis)
Arturo Monedero (Delirium)
Austin Ivansmith (WayForward)
Bertil Hörberg (Hörberg Productions)
Carlos Garcia (Anima Project)
Cedric Bache (Neko)
Clemens Scott (Broken Rules)
Dan Adelman (Nintendo)
David Walsh (Frontier Developments)
Elias Xango (Escuela JOSO de Barcelona)
Francisco Molla (Shanblue)
Francisco Tellez (EnjoyUp)
Julio Moruno (EnjoyUp)
Jordan Fisher (Pwnee Studios)
José Luis Márquez (Mercurysteam)
José Manuel Íñiguez (Akaoni Studios)
Lau Korsgaard (Knapnok Games)
Dajana Dimovska (Knapnok Games)
Martin Sauter (Shin'en Multimedia)
Martjin Reuvers (Two Tribes)
Mikael Haveri (Frozenbyte)
Nacho Garcia (Abylight)
Natascha Roosli (RockPocketGames)
Rhodri Broadbent (Dakko Dakko)
Tulio Gonçalvez (Watermelon)

Will we get some new game announcements out of this? Probably. We usually get a few every year.

Website? Sure.

Twitter? But of course! Hope you speak Spanish, though.

Nice! We usually see a few new games come out of this.

Edit: Any idea on what the guys from Enjoy Up are going to talk about? I'd kill for a 3DS sequel to Chronos Twin and a Wii U/3DS port of La Mulana. UnEpic looks really cool too!

So cloudberry kingdom will be playable and jet rocket will shown. Cool, hope to hear about that from some of the attendees.

serplux

From the website:

Además, durante las jornadas de iDÉAME se presentarán de mano de sus desarrolladores y se pondrá a prueba nuevos títulos que aun no se han anunciado.

Confirming that there will be there will be titles there that haven't been announced.

Tenki

Playable games:

BIT. TRIP presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate (Nintendo 3DS)
Chasing Aurora (Wii U)
Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U)
Gunman Clive (Nintendo 3DS)
Jett Rocket II The Wrath of Taikai (Nintendo 3DS)
Mighty Switch Force™ Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U)
Puddle (Wii U)
Spin The Bottle (Wii U)
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Nintendo 3DS)
Toki Tori 2 (Wii U)
Trine 2 (Wii U)
UnEpic (Wii U)
Vampire Cristals Rebirth (Nintendo 3DS)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

And more unnanounced games.

wsippel

Banned
Nice! We usually see a few new games come out of this.

Edit: Any idea on what the guys from Enjoy Up are going to talk about? I'd kill for a 3DS sequel to Chronos Twin and a Wii U/3DS port of La Mulana. UnEpic looks really cool too!
Seems like UnEpic will be there, and possibly a port or remake of Abyss.

Playable games:

UnEpic (Wii U)

-The hell is Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo?
-More UnEpic news, awesome!
-I really enjoyed the demos for Vampire Crystals and Zombie Panic on WiiWare. I really hope the framerate holds up in Vampire Crystals. It had issues on the Wii. Pretty fun though!

Valkyria

Banned
Cool I live in Madrid, but you should update OP saying that it's Universidad Complutense de Madrid. There are a lot of universities in Madrid.

It's great how much support they've given to independent devs and wish there was a similar event here in the states. Seems like Sony's the first-party in the states giving indies love.

serplux

-The hell is Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo?

301646_546460322043009_2123120902_n.jpg

Looks like a platformer to me.

Valkyria

Banned
They say on twitter "aforo completo" that means no more people allowed in. But I can clarify if that is for visitors or for developers and such.

Schnozberry

It's great how much support they've given to independent devs and wish there was a similar event here in the states. Seems like Sony's the first-party in the states giving indies love.

Nintendo is making inroads too. Microsoft seems to be the odd man out. Hopefully they get their shit together. Losing indie support for their next console could be devastating if the AAA market goes tits up.

Meelow

Banned
Nintendo is making inroads too. Microsoft seems to be the odd man out. Hopefully they get their shit together. Losing indie support for their next console could be devastating if the AAA market goes tits up.

It would be ironic if the WiiU/PS4 are the 360/PS3 for indies (meaning most indie games coming to WiiU/PS4 but not Xbox 720)

It would be like Microsoft making the same mistake Nintendo did with the N64 but with indie devs instead of the bigger devs.

But of course, we'll have to see what happens.

GulAtiCa

These are always cool, get to see a good bit of detail on future eShop games.

I'd KILL for a chance to play And Yet It Moves on the Wii U by Broken Rules. Yes yes, I know. it's on the Wii as well, but I'd love to have a HD port.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Playable games:

BIT. TRIP presents… Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U)
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate (Nintendo 3DS)
Chasing Aurora (Wii U)
Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U)
Gunman Clive (Nintendo 3DS)
Jett Rocket II The Wrath of Taikai (Nintendo 3DS)
Mighty Switch Force™ Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U)
Puddle (Wii U)
Spin The Bottle (Wii U)
Toki Tori 2 (Wii U)
Trine 2 (Wii U)
UnEpic (Wii U)

great!

Shiggy

I really like the indie initiative that Nintendo is rolling out. The iDEAME seems to have been a success last year!

Cheers, OP! I made last year's thread, but I've been very busy this week and I couldn't find the time to do it :(

The Castlevania dude is attending because they're going to do a Castlevania homage. I guess they had to find some excuse to talk about Mirror of Fate, since I bet it's the biggest Spanish release for a Nintendo platform this year...

Anyone else attending (besides beril, of course!)? I'd love to meet some gaffers.

Super amazing that Europe has such a strong pedigree of indie developers! Really looking forward to the results of this great conference and thanks for the sales chaps~ ;)

Sojiro

Really hoping to see some more of Unepic on the Wii U, been watching this one since it was confirmed to be making it to the console around Dec-Jan, it really looks awesome.

beril

Pretty excited and kindof nervous. Haven't really done anything like this before, and it'll be the first time I'm promoting my game in person. Looking forward to meet up with some gaffers though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pretty excited and kindof nervous. Haven't really done anything like this before, and it'll be the first time I'm promoting my game in person. Looking forward to meet up with some gaffers though.

You've been used by Nintendo itself as an highlight at GDC. You don't have anything to worry about.

P.S. You have PM. :p

Valkyria

Banned

I didn't know you were spanish.

beril

Wow, what a trip. I didn't know this was actually this big.

Check the dev list in the op; most of them are not Spanish and a bunch of them are American, so it's not like I'll be making the longest trip. But to be honest I don't really know myself how big the event is or what to expect, but I'm happy for the opportunity.

Looking forward to the 5 new announcements! :D

I guess Scram Kitty is a no show even though Dakko Dakko is there. Maybe not playable but still we might get screens? Looks really promising from the description and LOGO alone. XD

Stupid question, but is the whole event in Spanish?

So indie devs who don't speak Spanish well have to hire translators or what?

First news!

- Coaster Crazy announced for the Wii U eShop (it was released earlier for iOS)
  • Mixes simulation and puzzles
  • Modify the placement of the tracks and obstacles so the passengers make it to the end while completing challenges (i.e. achieve a certain speed), three challenges per level (60 levels total)
  • Use the Wii U Gamepad to control everything, mainly using the touch screen (but most of the actions can also be done pressing buttons).
  • Off-TV, no Multiplayer

Source. (Full disclosure, I wrote that piece of news, if linking to the site I work for it's frowned upon I'll remove the link). Wii U gameplay video coming soon!

- Jett Rocket 2 minigames gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhnYi2CZWCY&feature=player_embedded. EDIT: Regular gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodvLEIQRlo&feature=player_detailpage

• There are three different kind of levels: 2D levels, 3D ones (inspired by Super Mario 3D Land) and racing levels.
  • The game will have about 7 levels in 2D, 4 in 3D and 4 racing levels.
  • The MC can jump. Roll to defeat enemies or discovering secret paths.
  • You can also use the jetpack to levitate for a few seconds.
  • There will final bosses. For example, in the demo there was a giant robot that attacks you with a circular saw and laser beams after sending waves of deadly cyborg piranhas.
  • You can collect points to unlock new levels, power ups or extra lives.

- I've been told that they've also shown new trailers for Cult County and Two Brothers, but I wasn't there :(

So, anyone else attending? I already said hi to beril.

There is a sale on the eshop to promote Ideame. I finally took Mutants muds, even if with MH and FE incoming, I have no time to play...
Very happy to see Nintendo strentghening their ties with indies, the days of Iwata spitting on garage devs are long gone!

GRW810

So Jett Rocket II is more of a side scroller than it's predecessor? Looks like it has that 3D Land corridor type of design.

Top Bottom