• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Browny

Banned
I caved in and ordered the Ferguson Thor (standard) - since it got featured on a couple of mainstream websites, I figured I may as well, as I'd be kicking myself if it sold out.

IronRinn

I forgot about this: Dark Hall Mansion is doing a sale tomorrow (Tuesday, August 25th) that will also allow you to blind-buy their new print by Durieux. I present the email they sent out for your own interpretation:

25% OFF
+ A PERK SALE!!
One Day! 25% off all prints in our DHM store PLUS an advance purchase option for our surprise Laurent Durieux release!!
READ ALL BELOW, IN FULL, CAREFULLY, SO THERE'S NO CONFUSION AS THIS IS A ONE DAY SALE AND OPTION!

That's right, 25% off any DHM edition in our store this Tuesday, Aug 25th from 9:30 AM PST-5 PM PST! Plus, anyone purchasing an on-sale Standard or Variant print will have an option to advance purchase our surprise Laurent Durieux release!!

YOU'LL GET 25% OFF ANY SALE EDITION PLUS BE ABLE TO ADVANCE PURCHASE DHM'S LATEST DURIEUX RELEASE-PLUS-WE'LL COMBINE SHIPPING SO ONLY ONE SHIPPING FEE.

Here's how it works: Just visit our store here: http://darkhallmansionstore.com from 9:30 AM PST-5 PM PST TUESDAY, Aug 25th, purchase any DHM on-sale Std edition for 25% off (while supplies last) and during check out you'll have the option to advance purchase our surprise Laurent Durieux Std edition as well-both for a single shipping fee! If you purchase a Variant on-sale item, you'll have the right to purchase the Variant Durieux surprise print. It's that easy.

At 5:30 PM PST, same day, TUESDAY, Aug 25th, we'll reveal our latest DHM Seminal Film Series release by artist Laurent Durieux on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Hall-Mansion/212394752134162
But what is it? It's a surprise! Just know it's BIG, officially licensed, and a major studio property. Each Durieux surprise print is a full 11-colors, measures 24" x 36," is hand numbered, and screen printed.

And YES, if for some reason (unlikely) you're not thrilled with the Durieux print on its reveal, we'll of course refund you the Durieux edition's cost.

NOTE: To request a Durieux refund you must do so by 11:59 PM PST WEDNESDAY Aug 26th. There will be NO refunds after that time since any refunded Durieux purchases will be offered via the general Durieux print sale, FRIDAY Aug 28th, at 9:30 AM PST in our DHM store here: http://darkhallmansionstore.com
For a Durieux refund, just drop us an email at: info@darkhallmansion.com by 11:59 PM PST, WEDNESDAY evening, Aug 26th , with the word DURIEUX REFUND in the subject line and your order #. That's it.

There will ONLY be as many sale items in our store TUES as there are Durieux prints available for this special release: 350 Std & 125 Variants, and it doesn't matter which Std or Var on-sale item you purchase or its price. Ex, purchase one Std edition on-sale item (receive 25% off the on-sale item) and you may then purchase one Durieux Std surprise edition, purchase one Std + one Variant on-sale item (receive 25% off both on-sale items) and you would be entitled to one Std surprise Durieux + one Variant surprise Durieux print, etc. Limit of 2 Durieux Std and Variant editions per household.

Do I have to purchase a Durieux print? Of course not :) it's a perk of our 25% off sale, you may purchase any on-sale item by itself and receive your one-day 25% off discount.

Durieux advance purchases MUST be made at the time you purchase your on-sale item(s) so our fulfillment firm can combine your shipping. The pricing is our usual for the Durieux surprise prints: $65 for a Std edition, $100 for a Variant. The 25% off does NOT apply to the Durieux surprise prints, only to on-sale items. There will be a few select Durieux foil and canvas editions offered in our general Durieux sale day-FRIDAY Aug 28th only.

REITERATING SO THERE IS ZERO CONFUSION:
Only the Durieux surprise prints can be refunded, and only if requested via email by 11:59 PM PST WEDNESDAY, Aug 26th.
There will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES OF ON-SALE ITEMS. IT'S A SPECIAL 1-DAY 25% OFF SALE AND ALL ON-SALE ITEM PURCHASES ARE FINAL.

Thank you so much for your continued support, look forward to more surprises upcoming!

DHM

Dark Hall Mansion

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Their emails read like the chain emails from 1999 that my Pops keeps forwarding to me. It's truly impressive how ugly, confusing, and bloated they are.

IronRinn

Buncha stuff on Bottleneck tomorrow (Tuesday, August 25th) at the usual time:

10 new giclee prints by Nacho Diaz aka Naolito. Measuring 8" x *' to 10" x 10" in editions of 50. $20.00 each.

thepipe_large.jpg
planttrap_8bfb8fc3-7b9e-4dbb-9a86-369e04b7d216_large.jpg
gottacatchemall_large.jpg
fireroad_large.jpg
crunchymeal_large.jpg
cartridgeoftime_large.jpg
blueextinction_large.jpg
backto8bits_large.jpg
anatomicalanomaly_large.jpg
Killallhumans_large.jpg

4 new giclees by Mark Chilcott based on Rick & Morty ranging from 6" x 8" to 8" x 8" in editions of 30. $20.00 each.

Garbles_large.jpg
Shleemypants_large.jpg
Snowball_large.jpg
King_Flippy_Nips_large.jpg

And one by Daniel Nash:

ZlV8TO2vFLI-OTWngauxCSbfh1pZO3S6CNrFjBi6xYQ_HK4jEodHXYl5u8UuFzn9Q14_RtMsoR7BMkPOemP7MOk_Nc5r-Yfn2pKh4_jEgiOpT9ioUmD0e7hB-8eO7hhmso0_spe2DMHIZ6pp8SwiiT4xnH8XXej-WOn4IS2MaSixHtk_nIqHm_grande.jpg

"What a Lovely Day' 16" x 24" giclee print,numbered edition of 60. $40.00

IronRinn

Galerie F put up an Enter the Dragon print by Justin VanGenderen:

18" x 24" screenprint, signed & numbered edition of 70. Four layers on Speckletone Sand, printed by FugScreens Studios. $40.00

18" x 24" screenprint, signed & numbered edition of 30. Four layers with metallic inks on Speckletone Sand, printed by FugScreens Studios. $50.00

They also have a Rhys Cooper Karate Kid still up from last week, I think.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Really like that Rich Kelly TMNT 2. His TMNT 1 is great too, except the colors used are a bit too dark/faded.

Also, I'm kind of hoping he does TMNT 3 'cause I fucking loved that movie as a kid.

So I went to My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks this year and decided to check out the print at the last second. The guy in front of me got the last print. Such a bummer.

IS.php

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On sale Wednesday 8/26 at 3pm BST (10am EST) at Black Dragon Press:

WINTERREISE by Nicolas Delort
1-colour hand-pulled screen print with varnish
Hand numbered. Edition of 136
Signed Certificate of Authenticity
Size: 18”x27”
270gsm Mohawk Superfine White Eggshell paper
Printed by White Duck Screenprint
£50

WINTERREISE (Variant) by Nicolas Delort
Hand-pulled screen print
Silver metallic inks with on ultra-black paper
Hand numbered. Edition of 50
Signed Certificate of Authenticity
Size: 18”x27”
Fedrigoni Sirio Ultra Black 280gsm paper
Printed by White Duck Screenprint
£70

IronRinn

Available tomorrow (Wednesday, August 26th) at 12 pm ET on Arcadium: "Rhinoceros" by Kelly Blevins:

93638c34-95cb-49ff-9c69-b161b0cebcdf.png

The 22" x 18" giclee print on 225gm somerset velvet fine art paper, signed and numbered edition of 30. $50.00

b3b0p

If you were able to snag one of the Mondo TMNT and pins I have PayPal waiting for you. I missed it. Please PM me.

Filthy Slug

2015: The Year of Godzill-ugh

Also, I'm really not a fan of the way they piggyback a lot of their releases on these wild ass "buy a crappy print, and you'll totally get a maybe good print" schemes.

Also, I'm really not a fan of the way they piggyback a lot of their releases on these wild ass "buy a crappy print, and you'll totally get a maybe good print" schemes.

Or even worse, the "here's one print of the series, buy all three now and maybe you won't totally hate the other two when we reveal them after we have your money!" scheme.

Bii

I mean in general, it's a good print, but Mondo literally put out ANOTHER Godzilla print last week! And one at SDCC. And one at last SDCC. And a couple more besides that.

I already have one Godzilla print and I still think it's the best one yet, which was the SDCC exclusive by Phantom City Creative.

Luderico

Would've been really pissed if a have bought soemthing just to get the Durieux print (and it was really close). And then bäm roar Godzilla...again. But it's a cool print. Like it.
Would really like to know how many get a refund.

IronRinn

What was the other one? I seem to remember it happening before just not for what exactly.

It's a good print (Durieux doesn't do many bad ones) and it' s cool that it's for the original Godzilla series of films but, yeah, it's another Godzilla print in a spate of Godzilla prints.

Edit: Also, someone on EB noted:

For those more nitpicky my friend pointed out that it looks like he used a 2003 X-Plus Godzilla figure for reference:

XPlus-30G03.jpg

LaneDS

Haha oh man, I didn't even realize that was the Durieux.

It's not a bad print, and honestly I like most of the Godzilla ones I see (would never buy one though as I have no interest in the IP) but it's easy to see how overdone the property is these days.

Filthy Slug

What was the other one? I seem to remember it happening before just not for what exactly.

It's a good print (Durieux doesn't do many bad ones) and it' s cool that it's for the original Godzilla series of films but, yeah, it's another Godzilla print in a spate of Godzilla prints.

They did a similar thing for the Delort Charlie Brown Christmas after seeing how popular Delort's Great Pumpkin print was. You had to buy a bad Jimi Hendrix print to "lock in" your Delort.

Also, I think the linework surrounding the mushroom-head of the water/blast is fantastic, and the shoreline scenery surrounding the Godzilla is nice, but it's just a lame property to me, and I don't think many artists get creative with is. The PCC is probably the most creative any print-artist has gotten with the license.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Also, I think the linework surrounding the mushroom-head of the water/blast is fantastic, and the shoreline scenery surrounding the Godzilla is nice, but it's just a lame property to me, and I don't think many artists get creative with is. The PCC is probably the most creative any print-artist has gotten with the license.

Boo this man! :p

One issue I have with all the Godzilla prints are, outside of one or two of them, I've no idea what Godzilla movie it's for. They're just generic Godzilla prints, which is kinda lame. There's a lot they could do, even for the '54 movie. So, yeah artists don't really flex their creative muscles too much over it.

Also, Toho needs to be less of a tightwad over their license. A Destroy All Monsters print would be killer.

They did a similar thing for the Delort Charlie Brown Christmas after seeing how popular Delort's Great Pumpkin print was. You had to buy a bad Jimi Hendrix print to "lock in" your Delort.

I did not buy the Hendrix and totally missed out on the Delort. Still feel like I came out ahead on that one.

Great work by Durieux for sure but yeah, too many Godzillas lately and none of them can compare to the original one sheets.

Destroy All Monsters is DABESS!

Top Bottom