• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Zafir

I think pretty much all of them give you a second option to back out, some even a third. Can't say I dared to try clicking it though.

Aki-at

Morgana :"Ryuji you're a fucking idiot for exposing our identity!!!"

*Meanwhile MC rank 10 confidants all know he is a phantom thief*

That is some double standards right there.

Why do you think he makes sure you go to bed early all the time, cat don't trust you at all :(

NotLiquid

Hifumi Rank 9 savagery
>I want to stay by your side.
"What do you mean by that?
>We'll be friends forever.

Fucking vicious.

I actually went back to my save to see how Hifumi romance is like.

Then I remembered why I agonized so much between her and Futaba when I first started. Her and protag make for a really sweet lovey-dovey couple.

Aki-at

I just wanna finish this 5th Palace so I can romance Makoto! Every time I see her next to the MC it just looks so right.

Yeah this is something I agreed with in regards to Makoto, she just compliments the MCs look so well and him being a supposed delinquent and she's student council president coupled with wanting to be a
police chief in the future
and hooking up with the leader of the Phantom Thieves, sort of just writes itself.

LancePrime

Neo Member
First playthrough I went with Futaba romance, I think my second playthrough will be Makoto. Wasn't too keen on her at first but she definitely grew on me.
Yusuke is still my favourite confidant though

Thud

the beginning of the romance is awkward, but Ann is super sweet in all of her romance scenes because even though everybody wants to essentially bang her and you'd think she'd be super experienced with dating and boys, just like most other (if not all of the) younger girls you are her first romance so she very much is still awkward and adorable when the MC is with her in a date.

This makes it so much worst that the game has these issues of acknowledging romances in non-romance scenes. Confident/playfull Ann you see in every scene all of you are hanging out in public is the complete opposite of the scenes you get of just with her while she's dating the MC.

Her social link as a whole isn't all that great, but neither are the majority of the others. I don't know why they opted to make so many of them so boring and random. I don't mind so much of the effort being put into like papa coffee and geek sister, but come on man. Put a bit more effort on the other girls. Even Haru has a good confidant.

The Lovers arcana hasn't been done well in any persona game. Even Lisa in Persona 2 feels a bit shallow.

NotLiquid

The Lovers arcana hasn't been done well in any persona game. Even Lisa in Persona 2 feels a bit shallow.

For what it's worth I felt that Rise in Persona 4 was the only Social Link in that game which balanced "sweet" with "makes sense". Chie is fun but in the context of the story she feels more written as a "good friend", while Naoto, despite having some really sweet romance scenes, makes me feel kinda bad cause I know Kanji likes her. The only other character I think that fits both those bills aside from Rise is Yukiko but her character is just kinda drab to me.

Now having said that I don't think any of P4's relationships give a lasting feeling of "I can see a long term future for them" like several of P5's does.

NotLiquid

After trying out Hifumi's Social Link I went back to check what I missed with Futaba.

Y'know, I get it - in some ways I really do think of her as a sister figure for protag, but that still doesn't stop their romantic interactions from being really fucking adorable and I think it's probably the romantic link the devs had the most fun with.

Rise truly is my waifu for laifu.

Insert Wolverine picture holding rise picture in here.

I think I have a thing for the character in Persona everybody wants and is famous.

I liked Rise, but her decision to go back to show business never worked for me at the end of her link. It felt forced by the fact that having an idol character is appealing to the audience, rather than it being the right development for her character.

P4DAN was fun so whatever though

Astral

Don't worry guys, I'm romancing both Makoto AND Haru. And everyone. Always. But yeah I totally ship MC and Makoto as canon. I tend to choose the girl that seems to have the same temperament as the MC. In 4 it's Yukiko and in 3 it's Mitsuru. But in 3 it gets a little complicated because of Yukari and Aigis. The game itself seems to like those two seeing as they share romantic scene outside of their social links, so I chose Yukari because she's an actual person.

Thud

Don't worry guys, I'm romancing both Makoto AND Haru. And everyone. Always. But yeah I totally ship MC and Makoto as canon. I tend to choose the girl that seems to have the same temperament as the MC. In 4 it's Yukiko and in 3 it's Mitsuru. But in 3 it gets a little complicated because of Yukari and Aigis. The game itself seems to like those two seeing as they share romantic scene outside of their social links, so I chose Yukari because she's an actual person.

Who do you chose on Valentines tho.

OrionX

Eliminate.

tumblr_njb1i8ecyV1r0lwogo2_400.gif

Don't know why but p3 is either aigis or Elizabeth or even both. Elizabeth is the only one zany enough to keep reserve makoto on his toes and aigis is the only whose got time to waste with makoto being poetic. Mitsuru would be my pick.

Even though naoto is always my pick in p4, the logical one based on premise is probably yukiko and the developers clearly chose Marie.

Persona 5 really seems to be makoto from all sides.

Astral

Don't know why but p3 is either aigis or Elizabeth or even both. Elizabeth is the only one zany enough to keep reserve makoto on his toes and aigis is the only whose got time to waste with makoto being poetic. Mitsuru would be my pick.

Even though naoto is always my pick in p4, the logical one based on premise is probably yukiko and the developers clearly chose Marie.

Oh man I forgot about Elizabeth. That's the ideal choice actually. Unfortunately I never did her S.Link. And I don't remember Marie being that in love with Yu honestly. Maybe I just shut off my brain throughout most of her S.Link.

P3 its loneliness since Junpei isnt an option, and MaleMC is too boring for me to care about

Marie falling in love with the MC regardless of player input doesnt mean shes going to get him. Same as Rise.

P3 its loneliness since Junpei isnt an option, and MaleMC is too boring for me to care about

Marie falling in love with the MC regardless of player input doesnt mean shes going to get him. Same as Rise.

One can only hope yu isn't forced to hear the poetry nightmare that is Marie. Rise just doesn't make sense.

MSMrRound

Is Futaba locked until I complete Sojiro or does completing the mementos mission unlock her?

My confidant level with Futaba was at level 4 when I triggered that Sojiro mementos quest. Can't advance on with Futaba's till I cleared it. Mission spoilers
you can only clear that mission by going to mementos 1 on 1 with Futaba ONLY, so you shouldn't feel any need to put it aside since it's not one of those missions where you can clear it in one shot with the rest of the mementos missions. Futaba will get a mementos mission of her own upon Rank 7

Thud

Haru's sounds like she's about to have a mental breakdown when she finds out you're cheating on her. Such softly spoken dialogue has never felt so chilling.

I went for Haru on my NG+ harem playthrough. Although I somehow avoided romancing Tae in thst playthrough.

Would sacrifice them all for (endgame spoilers)
Lavenza tho. Atlus could make a velvet room dating simulator and I would buy it.

One can only hope yu isn't forced to hear the poetry nightmare that is Marie. Rise just doesn't make sense.
meh, Yu got with Naoto but Marie never gave up on him, and after much persistence Naoto gave in and they have a 3 way relationship. Alright, I'm opening notepad and heading off to fanfiction .net

A.J.

Banned
I went for Haru on my NG+ harem playthrough. Although I somehow avoided romancing Tae in thst playthrough.

Would sacrifice them all for (endgame spoilers)
Lavenza tho. Atlus could make a velvet room dating simulator and I would buy it.

Isn't Lazenza basically a young girl in form?

MSMrRound

I just convinced my colleague to splurge for the Persona 4 Ultimax DLC outfits because of how awesome Makoto's ass look in the getup.

Eylos

Banned
P3 ending spoiler
i think its safe to assume that aegis is the Canon romance, the ending of the game is you in aegis arms dying/leaving/whatever

Ultimadrago

P3 ending spoiler

Man, y'all are dropping some big Other Persona spoilers for a Persona 5 Confidant thread. I feel this is probably more of a Community question. To answer though, there is no canon romance. (Vague Persona 3 Stuff)
But yes, those that main Aigis such as myself can confidently take that as the best romantic scene in Persona 3. And yes, it's actual canon. Good stuff, Got lucky, etc.

mdubs

Banned
Rise truly is my waifu for laifu.

Insert Wolverine picture holding rise picture in here.

I think I have a thing for the character in Persona everybody wants and is famous.
This is the truth. Rise unapologetically loved Yu and wasn't afraid to make sure everyone knew it at every opportunity.

Truly best

Top Bottom