• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl (3DS) coming to EU in 2014 from NISA

Volcynika

etrian_untold_announce.png

NISA bringing the love to Europe.

Tenki

The press release:

ETRIAN ODYSSEY UNTOLD: THE MILLENIUM GIRL COMES TO EUROPEAN NINTENDO 3DS™ PLAYERS IN 2014!

Santa Ana, Calif. (October 29, 2013) – NIS America today announced its plan to partner with ATLUS to publish Etrian Odyssey™ Untold: The Millennium Girl throughout Europe next year. The game will be available in physical format at retail stores, as well as a digital download version in the Nintendo eShop. Exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl is a fresh and reimagined version of the first Etrian Odyssey game for Nintendo DS, with a series-first story mode, complete with new cinematics from animation studio Madhouse, more than 3,000 lines of recorded dialogue, and plenty of challenges for fans of first-person, dungeon-crawling RPGs. A demo, which
includes two dungeons, will be available in Nintendo eShop prior to the game’s release for those fans who want to get a nice sneak peek of Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl!

Players will utilize the 3DS system‘s bottom touch screen to chart their path and create their own maps to keep the party alive in the face of the dangers that await. The game also contains a classic mode that offers the series’ staple robust character customization and job class options, as well as a “Picnic” difficulty option to provide greater accessibility for players new to the series.

For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com/untold

About the game:
The newest installment of the Etrian Odyssey series has arrived! The first Etrian dyssey game was released in 2007—and was favorably received for its unique play style in which players use the stylus to record their progress through the sprawling mazes, as well for the game’s refreshing challenge. Now, in 2013, the series has been reborn with Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. The original game has been improved with a new, captivating story, unique and charming characters, and newly recreated labyrinths in full 3D.

Key features:
Wealth of content: Engage in more than 30 hours of first-person RPG exploration and battle and 3D dungeons in either Classic or Story mode
Customize your characters the way you want: Each character will learn different skills based on their class, using brand new skill trees.

Utilize Grimoire Stones to learn new skills: Collect special gems called Grimoire Stones to grant your characters skills that your allies and/or enemies possess. There are over 200 different monster skills plus ally skills to learn—the combinations are nearly endless!

Can't wait for the game :)

pooch

Neo Member
So should I wait for reviews of this before getting the other EO 3DS game? Is there a serial narrative throughout the games?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Day 1 - with my luck they will probably release SMT 4 and EO:TMG in a span of two weeks.

eojoko

So should I wait for reviews of this before getting the other EO 3DS game? Is there a serial narrative throughout the games?

Reviews are already out. The game's been out in NA already.

No serial narrative, play either one. I think arguments can be made for starting with IV or Untold. Untold will be easier. Get whichever you fancy. I think if you like whichever one you pick, you'll end up getting the other.

MLH

Day 1 - with my luck they will probably release SMT 4 and EO:TMG in a span of two weeks.

haha so true, can't complain though, we've waited long enough for both.

I beat the story boss in EO4 a few weeks ago, decided to give the game a break for a while and play Pokemon. I've still got Soul Hackers to complete which also came at an unfortunate time; two weeks after EO4 and a few weeks before Pokemon. Why can't I hold all these games!
Nevertheless, I can't wait for this, should be ready for more EO next year, thanks NISA(E)!

RpgN

Thank you NISA, EOIV was a good surprise. EOU will be day 1 again!

Now...

Where the hell is Shin Megami Tensei IV?! It was already announced through Ninendo Direct prior to Atlus being taken over by Sega. So I can assume that's still the case now that this is announced?

L~A

For Shin Megami Tensei IV, the game is most likely published by Nintendo (it's showing on one of the press servers, where only games published by Nintendo are listed). Which means it's probably gonna get a FIGS localisation... and they're already quite busy with Bravely Default, so I guess it'll be early 2014 (february/april would be my guess).

redlemon

Nice to see a physical release. EOIV has really surprised me in how much I enjoyed it. I'll be definitely be getting this.

pooch

Neo Member
Reviews are already out. The game's been out in NA already.

No serial narrative, play either one. I think arguments can be made for starting with IV or Untold. Untold will be easier. Get whichever you fancy. I think if you like whichever one you pick, you'll end up getting the other.

Both are good, but IV is better, get that one. There is a narrative but it isn't shoved on your face all day.

Thanks friends. I will probably get IV for Christmas then get Untold if I like it :)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
These are great news. I will have to remember to preorder this one, I was this close to not getting a physical copy of EO4.

Meanwhile, Nintendo Europe is still busy mining its arse for shit nuggets while SMT4 rots in their vaults.

Anyways, the 3DS is ON FIRE! If you're a gamer you're making your self a disservice by ignoring this fine gaming machine!

Aru

NISA is on a EU announcements roll these days. Haven't they announced, like, 4 or 5 games since last week?

-GJ-

NISA is on a EU announcements roll these days. Haven't they announced, like, 4 or 5 games since last week?

According to my inbox:

Etrian Odyssey™ Untold: The Millennium Girl
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Danganronpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc
Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
Mugen Souls Z™

Yup, 5.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Really happy by this news. I was afraid it wouldn't come to Europe.

Definitely going to buy this when I can.

krossj

Excellent! IV was good and the first game was great. Interested to see how this turned out.

Need to start 2 and 3 some day.

Ys getting a european release is a nice surprise also.

Top Bottom