• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The others have been mod-vetted. You haven't, as far as I know. Others making claims like you are have been asked to verify themselves, mostly resulting in bans. You either put up or you keep your mouth closed of you're not willing to put up.

You don't owe ME shit, but you are obligated to the rest of the community if you want to be a part of this community.

If I'm not banned then you can assume what you want and can continue to assume. That's your opinion.

All the stuff that's been said over the months and seeing the fruition of those ramblings within the dev community is not surprising but still disappointing to see.

On a slightly more personal note, I've been here as a lurker and member for almost 10 years now in one form or another. I know how things work.

If going by PC beta version which was relatively new build is any indication the game is a beast. It is not surprising they can't hit 1080p @ 60fps on consoles. You need quite the rig to achieve that.

Agreed. I think it's going to take at least another year before developers have re-engineered their engines to overcome the weakness the CPUs on both next gen systems and utilise the GPUs far more efficiently.

If I'm not banned then you can assume what you want and can continue to assume. That's you're opinion.

All the stuff that's been said over the months and seeing the fruition of those ramblings within the dev community is not surprising but still disappointing to see.

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but it's all been just piling on other well-known leaks. You don't have anything original that I'm aware of.

So why not start by detailing more of what you know about the Xbox One OS issues and what exactly the 1.4GB "update" contained and addressed.

Be interesting!

M!Games, the oldest German video games magazine, claims that Crysis 3 on Xbox 360 looks significantly better than Call of Duty - Ghosts on Xbox One. If it is that ugly on all new platforms, 1080p would not be very impressive.

I think the focus during the development was on Xbox 360 and PS3, the first true Next-gen CoD will be released Holiday 2014.
Another poster said something about infinity ward being an incompetent studio. Game sounds like a complete disaster

wizzbang

Banned
Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are pissed about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to shit or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.

Damn bro, that's really so sad to hear, to be honest, maybe you should just let both Sony and Microsoft know they are a bunch of fucking hipsters! Maybe consider calling them both of them a pair of tosspots for fair measure!? Good luck! Maybe that will get you somewhere.

Yeah the bird did, however the tease by bishop based on Cboat information,about alot of technical issues for the X1 wasn't further ellaborated.

I thought the poster asked about the bird.

Bish's tease kind of shitty and out of character for the mods here (though it's not the first time it's happened recently). Like I said, it's not cool to lord information over your users in a 100% user-based community.

mjontrix

Well guess what? There isn't any time left. If BF4 is going to be on stores shelves in less than 3 weeks, those discs are being produced right about now. So we'll know what resolution that game ships at on that disc.

Day 1 patch.

But more than likely we're getting 900p.

The real shock will be people asking why their 480i TVs cant support the ps4, and where is the composite cable.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the poster asked about the bird.

Bish's tease kind of shitty and out of character for the mods here (though it's not the first time it's happened recently). Like I said, it's not cool to lord information over your users in a 100% user-based community.

The bird did tweet some new info though. May not be related to what he was talking about before, but it seems pretty serious.

FeiRR

Banned
I am only complaining about the way in which Thuway makes these predictions with qualifications, and I think I've made that pretty clear. Spare me the mod threats based on your misinterpretation of what I've been saying.

Because that's how reality works. Game development is a dynamic process where things change. That's how programming is done. People sit and write code, run the code, debug it, look at profilers, try to squeeze even more out of hardware. Sometimes it's a matter of one small change to make things work. It can happen in a second or never. If it doesn't, someone has to make a decision to ship a game with lower specs and think about a patch later. This always means potential money losses but you can do only as much as your experience, time and a bit of luck allow, especially in such stormy times as console launches.

CBOAT spilt some things without qualifications and look what happens every time he reveals anything: some troll pops up and shouts BUT HE WAS WRONG [link]. Most people will just ignore trolls but what about those who don't follow GAF so closely and might believe what they are shown. It's better to add some safety net to what you claim. As some developer wrote earlier, this industry is crazy and anything is possible.

If you want to dance with the devil, learn the steps.

And to finish, I'm not trying to threat you with mods. I'm just a regular member here and have no influence on their doings. If they see it fit to ban you or me, they will.

Bish did. CBoaT stepped into the thread for a moment.

Anyway, I think it bears mentioning that just because insiders know some more stuff doesn't mean they're going to break it openly, not unless they feel safe it wouldn't lead back to them.

CBOAT obviously knew beforehand that the XB1 launch countries were culled from 21 to 13, since he corroborated the story... but he didn't break the story. Someone else broke it, he simply laid down the stamp of #truthfact approval.

Maybe CBOAT breaking that story at that time would've compromised him, and he only felt safe after he knows that the story had spread out enough that another source got it out in the wild. The same could be true for these... problems.

Or maybe he just didn't want to break it. He's not entitled to tell everything to us.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So I have spent the last 30 minutes reading and combing through this thread, and I am unsure if I came up with the correct answer to my own speculation about the giant outburst of "doom speak" on Twitter.

Ahem. Please tell me, if I got this right: Video game reviewers are contemplating quitting their jobs, and have thrown a massive tantrum of "secret conspiration/truth to power" proportions, because they couldn't plug in their PS4 at a review event, themselves.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So I have spent the last 30 minutes reading and combing through this thread, and I am unsure if I came up with the correct answer to my own speculation about the giant outburst of "doom speak" on Twitter.

Ahem. Please tell me, if I got this right: Video game reviewers are contemplating quitting their jobs, and have thrown a massive tantrum of "secret conspiration/truth to power" proportions, because they couldn't plug in their PS4 at a review event, themselves.

Everything right up until "proportions". We have absolutely no idea what the fuss is about. It could be about PS4 units. It could be about YouTube.

We don't know.
We just.
Don't.
Know.

LQX

So will people raise hell at the PS4 version of BF4 being supposedly "900p"? It will be very telling if we don't while giving the XB1 major fucking hell for it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not doubting what you're saying, but it's all been just piling on other well-known leaks. You don't have anything original that I'm aware of.

So why not start by detailing more of what you know about the Xbox One OS issues and what exactly the 1.4GB "update" contained and addressed.

Be interesting!

I've posted it a few times and it quickly got ignored. I wasn't disappointed that it sank either.

The OS issues are them being behind. And the patch addresses major speed issues and it's only been recent.

The rest on the 3 OS's in hyperv-esque is more of an opinion on the matter since it's unnecessary for a home console and some devs share that opinion. That won't make Xbox worse though but it's still a talking point to devs who are in NDA and can't really say anything publicly.

This is like James Bond type whispering but these are new consoles and we have some issues that some don't want talked about yet as you see by some of the NDA's set.

I've not elaborated more because I haven't asked on specifics but only on the broad meaning of the patch and I've mentioned that (as noted) more than once in other posts.

That's as interesting as I can get without disrespecting the people who pass the information or just casually talk about it. I also am very respectful of the situation and ask if I can even mention little things. I even asked about the 1.4GB thing.

beast786

So will people raise hell at the PS4 version of BF4 being supposedly "900p"? It will be very telling if we don't while giving the XB1 major fucking hell for it.

And it's not even 900p on XB1. poor xb1 just can't catch a break. I wanna give 900p hell on ps4 for bf. but xb1 720p bf keep stealing its line light :(

Well the Xbox One version is 720p and Battlefield is usually a much better looking game than COD so I don't really see the fuss that much. Although it looked pretty bad at the XBO public events.

I think its more of a sign devs have bitten off more than they can chew with cross-gen at launch (+ bad XBO tools)

But in that case it seems like it's more DICEs issue than Sony's. CoD Ghosts and apparently many other games running at 720p probably says something about the console.

Also I have no interest in BF4 so I don't really care one way or another about that particular game.

What is their to raise hell about? As far as we're aware, BF4 is the first PS4 game to be less than 1080p, and it's a very graphically demanding game. So it's not really surprising the PS4 can only run the game at 900p.

There are many games on the XB1 that won't run at 1080p, or even 900p.

The situations are quite different.

That's only 1 PS4 game in sub 1080p resolution. How many does the xbone have that are confirmed 720p or 900p now? If the xb1 only had 1 game at 900p I don't think people would have been bitching much.

Can anyone answer this for me...are both (cod and bf4) going be crap on the next gen consoles? I preordered ghosts on ps4 and now I'm having second thoughts on even getting it at all. Are there grumblings that the ps4/one versions are crap?

Freki

What changed?

I thought Adam Boyes confirmed 1080p for BF4 (as per thread title), and this must be concrete, or surely he's a lying douchebag and we'll need his head on a platter, right GAF?

Maybe we need to put the heads of people who cannot read on a platter...

GameSeeker

Every other launch title for PS4 is 1080p. If BF4 is 900p, that is purely a result of DICE fail.

Portugeezer

Resolution is not black and white, a lot more goes into the decision. Fuck comments like these already.

- BF4 is 60fps, 64 players, large maps, land/air/sea vehicle warfare, destruction.
- Ryse is 30fps with smaller guided levels.

Also take into account the difficulties of multiplatform development for 5 systems VSexclusive development for one next gen console.

I thought the review embargo lifted November 5th for the PS4? What is all this talk about Sony holding back reviewers or whatever? They have a full 10 days with the system it sounds like to review games and features. Or is this not true and that is what the uproar is about?

Resolution is not black and white, a lot more goes into the decision. Fuck comments like these already.

BF4 is 60fps, 64 players, large maps, land/air/sea vehicle warfare, destruction.

Ryse is 30fps with smaller guided levels.

Also take into account the difficulties of multiplatform development vs exclusive development.

Agreed. Seriously, it depends on the game. KZ is 9v9 that's a big difference. DICE has been a pretty competent developer in the past, not sure why everyone is shitting on them now.

rrs

Could I get a quick recap what happened in the thread for the last 8 hours? Seems like something got out of the bag.

Jburton

Banned

- BF4 is 60fps, 64 players, large maps, land/air/sea vehicle warfare, destruction.
- Ryse is 30fps with smaller guided levels.

Also take into account the difficulties of multiplatform development for 5 systems VSexclusive development for one next gen console.

This.

I've posted it a few times and it quickly got ignored. I wasn't disappointed that it sank either.

The OS issues are them being behind. And the patch addresses major speed issues and it's only been recent.

The rest on the 3 OS's in hyperv-esque is more of an opinion on the matter since it's unnecessary for a home console and some devs share that opinion. That won't make Xbox worse though but it's still a talking point to devs who are in NDA and can't really say anything publicly.

This is like James Bond type whispering but these are new consoles and we have some issues that some don't want talked about yet as you see by some of the NDA's set.

I've not elaborated more because I haven't asked on specifics but only on the broad meaning of the patch and I've mentioned that (as noted) more than once in other posts.

That's as interesting as I can get without disrespecting the people who pass the information or just casually talk about it. I also am very respectful of the situation and ask if I can even mention little things. I even asked about the 1.4GB thing.

You're right - not very interesting :)

The 3 OS thing is only unnecessary if you think consoles should only play games. I applaud the attempt to do something different. Now they just need to prove out why it's a benefit and they need to make it all work seamlessly.

Well the Xbox One version is 720p and Battlefield is usually a much better looking game than COD so I don't really see the fuss that much. Although it looked pretty bad at the XBO public events.

I think its more of a sign devs have bitten off more than they can chew with cross-gen at launch (+ bad XBO tools)

it's the usual launch issues.

seems to always take a while to get on top of new platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom