• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Overall I really like the game and am on a second playthrough. Just a few minor gripes.

- Why, after 3 games on PC, do we still have to quit the game, then relog in, then exit again just to turn the game off?

- Don't like how you have to run around with a ton less HP if you don't want to be invaded. Dark Souls I did it best.

It's only 30%, I barely notice and I hard get invaded anyway. What else can I do with those 80 embers?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's the viability of a shieldless pyro/dex run in this game? I've done str/dex in DS1 and a hexer in DS2 and I wanna mix it up

Manu

Why was I invaded by three aldrich imbeciles at the same time? fuck you miyazaki.

Working as intended.

034-480x319.jpg

JerkShep

SL1 Run: managed to defeat Aldrich and the Dancer (yay) today

Aldrich - He's not as hard as Pontiff and Dancer but since I managed to do
Aldrich from Anri's quest
and the normal boss in a row I uploaded it anyway

Dancer - I nailed phase one but phase two was a mess, I was really really lucky (and chugging Estus like hell). Barbed Straight Sword + Carthus Rouge helped immensely.

JDB

Banned
Dancer - I nailed phase one but phase two was a mess, I was really really lucky (and chugging Estus like hell). Barbed Straight Sword + Carthus Rouge helped immensely.
Nice job, I'm still stuck on here in my run. But then again you got hit like 5 times by attacks that would've instakilled me. I need to try some more with a bleed buff tho, seems useful.

JerkShep

Nice job, I'm still stuck on here in my run. But then again you got hit like 5 times by attacks that would've instakilled me. I need to try some more with a bleed buff tho, seems useful.

I had Speckled Stone Plate and Lloyd's Shield Ring for defense. The other two rings were Carthus Milkring (since the Barbed Sword requires 11 DEX) and Lloyd's Sword Ring. Staying always at max health was the only way to survive most of her attack since Lloyd's Shield kicks in. The Artorias fanboys set helps with good Magic/Fire defense as well but not much I'd wager

Sothpaw

It's only 30%, I barely notice and I hard get invaded anyway. What else can I do with those 80 embers?

I must be unlucky because I get invaded a few minutes after killing a boss. 30% is pretty substantial. Dark I was the best system for me; I never had to deal with invasions or nerfed hp and I still got to play online.

Minamu

I'd like to make a new Luck build but I don't know what other stat to get? Dex? I kinda made a pretty face so I'd rather not go Hollow unless really needed.

JDB

Banned
I had Speckled Stone Plate and Lloyd's Shield Ring for defense. The other two rings were Carthus Milkring (since the Barbed Sword requires 11 DEX) and Lloyd's Sword Ring. Staying always at max health was the only way to survive most of her attack since Lloyd's Shield kicks in. The Artorias fanboys set helps with good Magic/Fire defense as well but not much I'd wager
Armor is for geeks. :p
ENB getting worked by the red eyed Lothric Knight and the healers. Harder than most bosses lol
I'm glad he kept trying to parry the Greatsword guys after failing to do so about a dozen times. Sigh.

Meccs

Why was I invaded by three aldrich imbeciles at the same time? fuck you miyazaki.
Yeah, and the only zone where Way of the Blue doesn't work. I've tested it, no Blue EVER! This would be the perfect zone but nope, ganking the host it is.
Dunno why From thinks the gank is fun.

kagamin

ENB getting worked by the red eyed Lothric Knight and the healers. Harder than most bosses lol

Facing off with multiple powerful enemies at once is probably harder than a 1v1 with a boss. :p

Yeah, and the only zone where Way of the Blue doesn't work. I've tested it, no Blue EVER! This would be the perfect zone but nope, ganking the host it is.

That's strange... I've gotten summoned there multiple times waiting at the bonfire in the middle of the area.

I'm currently following a checklist guide to try and get as much stuff as I can in one playthrough. However I'm a bit confused about something regarding Anri and Yuria.

Am I right in that I have to choose between finishing Anri's sidequest or going for the Usurpation of Fire ending that Yoel/Yuria allow you to get? If so, any suggestions on what I should go for? I'm guessing the Usurpation of Fire ending, as an ending seems more significant that a sidequest. But do you get anything good at the end of Anri's sidequest?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I guess it's by choice that ENB isn't upgrading his weapon? He has like 10+ chunks, he could go to +8 immediately. I think he also didn't even notice he lost 80k souls by ditching the consumed king's garden

jonjonaug

I'm currently following a checklist guide to try and get as much stuff as I can in one playthrough. However I'm a bit confused about something regarding Anri and Yuria.

Am I right in that I have to choose between finishing Anri's sidequest or going for the Usurpation of Fire ending that Yoel/Yuria allow you to get? If so, any suggestions on what I should go for? I'm guessing the Usurpation of Fire ending, as an ending seems more significant that a sidequest. But do you get anything good at the end of Anri's sidequest?

Both resolutions to Anri's sidequest give identical rewards.

Meccs

That's strange... I've gotten summoned there multiple times waiting at the bonfire in the middle of the area.
Probably as a result of a normal red invasion. Sometimes there are Aldrich and reds there. A normal Aldrich invasion does not spawn a Blue. I've tested this for over an hour.

LiK

I guess it's by choice that ENB isn't upgrading his weapon? He has like 10+ chunks, he could go to +8 immediately. I think he also didn't even notice he lost 80k souls by ditching the consumed king's garden

He's way into exploring so he hasn't gone to upgrading anything. He does that sometimes.

Tarkus

You forget things when you're stoned.

kagamin

Probably as a result of a normal red invasion. Sometimes there are Aldrich and reds there. A normal Aldrich invasion does not spawn a Blue. I've tested this for over an hour.

Yea that's it, if I'm in someone's world as a faithful and they have a blue and a red already there, the blue just needs to beat the red to leave the world.

Mist

Banned
Damn, that big crocodile dog beast on the bridge after the first bonfire of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley is giving me way more trouble than any boss so far. I can't seem to dodge it at all.

burgerdog

Damn, that big crocodile dog beast on the bridge after the first bonfire of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley is giving me way more trouble than any boss so far. I can't seem to dodge it at all.

The beast is great because it punishes us for trying the hug the ass/belly strategy that we use for every big enemy in the Souls series. Too bad they didn't implement such attacks for big bosses in the game. It was a brilliant idea sort of wasted on just one enemy.

Invading at the High Wall with those first five orbs you can get sure is a hoot... It's nothing but legit gank squads comprised of three or more scaled down end-game characters with super badass gear and crazy spells. Thankfully I was able to secure my Pale Tongue with my last orb, the rest of my invasions were completely unwinnable situations.

Despite all that armour hosts and phantoms are still afraid to approach reds though, lol.

Minamu

Just invaded a guy at lvl 21 at the second bonfire. Guy had a friend with him with the Mirra mask and a massive black axe and havel's sheild. No thank you :(

Edit: Second guy had two friends, a sunbro and anotehr with Patches' shield and the butcher knife. This sucks, at least let me invade people around my own level and gear?

See above, this is crap :lol

kagamin

What weapon level are you guys using? I beat Dancer with a +3 weapon so conceivably I could easily have amazing gear that early too if I didn't keep upgrading.

zma1013

I've seen graphical "bugs" quite a few times, but this one is particularly egrigious. When you enter the room with
Wolnir's goblet
, if you turn around and look above the entrance, there are a ton of completely untextured stones as part of the wall.

Wo07gyUh.jpg

Those aren't stones though, those are marshmallows. He keeps them stocked up for whenever he has the urge to make smores.

I was a dark phantom teaming up with another dark and a faithful servant against a host. He was very good. All I did was block the ladder while he was dancing with the beasts. He kept turning invisible and they lost track of him but they always found him when he started shooting arrows at me. The faithful servant was on top of me tracking to get down and the other dark below me trying to get away from the host. Eventually the beasts got him.

I love this game.

Invading at the High Wall with those first five orbs you can get sure is a hoot... It's nothing but legit gank squads comprised of three or more scaled down end-game characters with super badass gear and crazy spells. Thankfully I was able to secure my Pale Tongue with my last orb, the rest of my invasions were completely unwinnable situations.

Despite all that armour hosts and phantoms are still afraid to approach reds though, lol.

I finished my tongues with the Aldrich faithfuls. Tons of support there and good ambush spots.

Tarkus

Tip: I've been co-op soul farming on the final boss and I can tell you that he gets a significant boost when you summon people. More so than others.
Do it solo new people.

2AdEPT

I'd like to make a new Luck build but I don't know what other stat to get? Dex? I kinda made a pretty face so I'd rather not go Hollow unless really needed.

Luck builds are most definitely hollow. Unless you use anri's sword exclusively, the hollow infusion allows you to take any weapon and have it scale off luck, the extra 5 luck points you get for being hollow is not worth throwing away just cause you dont like looking frail imo...you can use the rings form Yurai to look normal, if that's your gripe. I suppose not being able to hire two phantoms is a gripe some may have, but I never hire help, the most I need is one to hire the NPC to forward their story....and otherwise I only offer assistance.

Nice music! Is that a cover? It seems familiar.

Nope! 100% original thanks for the comment! I suppose it has a little bit of Eric Clapton "LAyla" influence, but I made the baseline first and then the melody jsut fit nicely overtop.

You have heard it before if you watch SOuls TV, OOziee used it to background his wall of fame. I also used it on more than several of my own videos, like my how to do a vanquisher seal run early etc. that video showcases all my music to date in one video.

Yea that's it, if I'm in someone's world as a faithful and they have a blue and a red already there, the blue just needs to beat the red to leave the world.

I still find it ridiculous that From doesn't have a Darkmoon automatically be summoned when invaded by a Faithful, regardless of having Way of Blue equipped or not.

Lore wise they're supposed to be sworn enemies, so
Anor
Londo
should literally just be a constant barrage of Darkmoons fighting Faithfuls at all times.

kagamin

I still find it ridiculous that From doesn't have a Darkmoon automatically be summoned when invaded by a Faithful, regardless of having Way of Blue equipped or not.

Lore wise they're supposed to be sworn enemies, so
Anor
Londo
should literally just be a constant barrage of Darkmoons fighting Faithfuls at all times.

Sin was a good idea, bring it back. ;-;

Top Bottom