• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark leaked by Amazon

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2014-02-1414_50_16-13ybuwg.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
XBO exclusive? Usually it shows all platforms

That's contingent upon the other product pages being ready. I highly doubt this is exclusive, and I wouldn't look at this as confirmation that Acti won't drop the Transformers licence come next January -- remember that 007 Legends wasn't even three months old when it ditched Bond.

SparkTR

Not always. The Mirrors Edge 2 Amazon leak only listed the Xbox One (and 360) for some reason, and everybody was convinced it was exclusive before the announcement. It must be something in Amazon database that does it.

From Eurogamer

"Amazon (via NintendoLife) has published listings for an unannounced Transformers game called Rise of the Dark Spark.

It's down for PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360, 3DS, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

That's all we have for now, save it's published by Activision and this brief product description:

"The next installment in the incredible Transformers gaming franchise, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is an exciting action game that is perfect for veteran fans and newcomers."

News of a new Transformers game from Activision comes as no surprise, given there's a new Transformers movie due out in June"

Source

DinHerio

Banned
I liked War for Cybertron, I loved Fall of Cybertron. I want a next-gen Transformers game on PC, with stunning graphics and awesome (transformation) animations. Something's telling me that won't happen anytime soon.

Hope the best for the next TF game though...

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I hope that whatever it is it's similar to Fall of Cybertron but set on earth. I'm sick of the metal environments but I love the gameplay.

EL CUCO

No High Moon, No sale.

WFC and FOC were good because they were based on the cartoon. The others were poop. If this is going to be one of those cash cows that they release with the new movie, im out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From Eurogamer

"Amazon (via NintendoLife) has published listings for an unannounced Transformers game called Rise of the Dark Spark.

That's all we have for now, save it's published by Activision and this brief product description:

"The next installment in the incredible Transformers gaming franchise, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark is an exciting action game that is perfect for veteran fans and newcomers."

News of a new Transformers game from Activision comes as no surprise, given there's a new Transformers movie due out in June"

Source

I'll be flabbergasted if this is on the Wii U but not also the PC.

Tizoc

I hope that whatever it is it's similar to Fall of Cybertron but set on earth. I'm sick of the metal environments but I love the gameplay.
Have you played the PS2 Tranformers by any chance? Yes it's based on the Armada animated series but i had some great graphics for its time.

From Eurogamer

Source

Awesome, thanks.

Zapages

Awesome!!! I was not expecting a sequel at all after the poor sales of the last one… :(

I will definitely get for the PC…. I was liked the last TF games minus the movies. :)

Hurley

I hope it's High Moon but since they got gutted by Activision and are now set to work on COD I'm not so sure.

Then again, didn't someone from High Moon say they were working on a next gen game a while ago - before they got layoffs? I might just be imagining things.

-edit- Yeah, it's probably a shit house movie tie in.

Drayco21

I'm going to keep blindly hoping it's the third High Moon game despite all evidence to the contrary because I loved those games.

Takao

Banned
Expecting a no budget movie tie-in with a different title in an attempt to hide it from being a no budget movie tie-in.

Carbonox

I'd only ever accept a new High Moon game (loved their Cybertron titles), otherwise expectations are at the lowest they can be for as long as the rights are with Activision.

Either this is tied to the Age of Extinction film or it's an entirely separate title alongside their inevitable Age of Extinction tie-in.

Hurley

I know it's just a reveal trailer but...really not feeling it.

Like, it looks like some recycled footage from the Cybertron games with the movie stuff thrown in. I didn't see High Moons name on it at the end either.

Smells like a typical movie tie in using some of the assets from the Cybertron games (that's if any of it actually takes place on Cybertron like it shows) and not developed by High Moon.

No High Moon Studios, no sale for me. Especially if it is a movie tie-in and not in the High Moon Cybertron series. High Moon's Dark of the Moon game was better than any previous tie-in game but still miles worse than War for Cybertron (though it played pretty much the same it was severely rushed).

Takao

Banned
IGN lists Edge of Reality as the developer of the PS3/PS4/360/XB1/WIU/PC version, where as Vicarious Visions are doing the 3DS game.

IGN lists Edge of Reality as the developer of the PS3/PS4/360/XB1/WIU/PC version, where as Vicarious Visions are doing the 3DS game.

Da hell?

That's... random.

Yay for Vicarious for the first time since WOC on DS, nice on the latter, confusing on the former. Don't really consider them the same tier as High Moon.

Also links? Can't find them on IGN. Just the video.

Carbonox

I don't get it. It's an Age of Extinction movie tie-in merged with the Cybertron games?

wat

Either way I'm passing. As much as I love the Transformers brand, I have no desire to play these games. The ones from High Moon were exceptions (and brilliant) but we will never get ones from them again.

CamHostage

No High Moon Studios, no sale for me. Especially if it is a movie tie-in and not in the High Moon Cybertron series. High Moon's Dark of the Moon game was better than any previous tie-in game but still miles worse than War for Cybertron (though it played pretty much the same it was severely rushed).

Of course, it's early to say, but the fact that it's not Age of Extinction: The Game speaks well to the company's intentions on this one.The movie games have been rushed in both the Transformers and Spider-Man franchises (and probably also suffered from asset delivery/secrecy in both cases as the movies have also been rushed and super-secretive,) and both are taking alternate story approaches in these new sequels that didn't need to be launching alongside the movies if the games weren't ready, so maybe there's a little room for cautious optimism for the current Activision licensing approach? (Both are still being timed as a movie companions, however, so that good will could be misplaced.)

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, it's early to say, but the fact that it's not Age of Extinction: The Game speaks well to the company's intentions on this one.The movie games have been rushed in both the Transformers and Spider-Man franchises (and probably also suffered from asset delivery/secrecy in both cases as the movies have also been rushed and super-secretive,) and both are taking alternate story approaches in these new sequels that didn't need to be launching alongside the movies if the games weren't ready, so maybe there's a little room for cautious optimism for the current Activision licensing approach? (Both are still being timed as a movie companions, however, so that good will could be misplaced.)
Not being a movie tie-in didn't help TMNT: Out of the Shadows any. Activision's gonna Activision.

I liked War For Cybertron, but I LOVE Fall of Cybertron. Played that game in one sitting. Much more varied level design, and incredible graphics.

This looks pretty meh. Incredibly meh, if that was Xbone/PS4 footage shown.

Takao

Banned

Activision has done indirect movie tie-ins in the past like Fast & Furious: Showdown, 007 Legends, and Men In Black: Alien Crisis. The only good news here is that Activision hasn't said Rise of the Dark Spark's launch will coincide with Age of Extinction's theatrical release.

Also links? Can't find them on IGN. Just the video.

http://ca.ign.com/games/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark/ps4-20013165
http://ca.ign.com/games/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark/3ds-20013171

Sadist

I... I don't get it.

I see some stuff from Fall of Cybertron (Optimus, Soundwave, Jetfire, Shockwave, one of the Insections, Swindle) and designs from the movies. So it's a cross over game?

CamHostage

Activision has done indirect movie tie-ins in the past like Fast & Furious: Showdown, 007 Legends, and Men In Black: Alien Crisis. The only good news here is that Activision hasn't said Rise of the Dark Spark's launch will coincide with Age of Extinction's theatrical release.

Well, that's true. (Count Wolverine too, even though it shares the name the story is totally its own.) Moot point then.

Was corrected to Wayforward. I don't know what to do when Wayforward does work that doesn't seem like it'll be 2D...

prudislav

got kinda Arkham Origins vibe, aka reskin of previous game with new story - this time added stuff happening on Earth with movie designs

IT IS A CYBERTRON GAME!!!

Someone pointed it out and I thought so, it's a crossover it seems between WFC/FOC and Age of Extinction, woah!

Wait, I see Cybertron designs, movie designs, and what looked like Prime designs (the one bot's face). I am confused. I'll just have to wait to hear more.

Top Bottom