• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Chases plan was to ultimately to blow up an island with olivers friends on it and shoot himself in front of olivers son- yeah great plan dude. Genius. GOAT villain...
no

?

Chase's plan was to force Oliver to kill him, which in turn would prove his point that Oliver is only a killer at heart that destroys those close to him(since killing Chase would kill his friends).

DeathyBoy

Banned
Chases plan was to ultimately to blow up an island with olivers friends on it and shoot himself in front of olivers son- yeah great plan dude. Genius. GOAT villain...
no

I think killing everyone Oliver cares about except for his son, including the mother of his son, then committing suicide in front of said son, is pretty damn evil.

I mean, Chase won. That's good villainy.

rackham

Plan was garbage and fits chase perfectly. Makes no sense. Has no payoff for him since he's dead and we have no idea what brought him to these conclusions.
That's why I don't like chase. Everything about him is bullshit.

Realeza

Banned
Plan was garbage and fits chase perfectly. Makes no sense. Has no payoff for him since he's dead and we have no idea what brought him to these conclusions.

The guy was literally mentally ill. WTF are you expecting?

LotusHD

Banned

The payoff is completely fucking over Oliver's life lmao, and having Oliver know that it'd be his fault if he decided to kill Chase. You know, to prove the whole point of people around him dying and suffering due to him being a killer that enjoys what he does.

Dude's been obsessed with him for years and is clearly not the sanest individual, he's not going to let something as silly as him dying get in the way of that. Time and time again we've seen with Chase that while he will never purposely try to kill Oliver, he doesn't give a fuck about what happens to his friends. Creating a situation in which he can coerce Chase to inadvertently kill basically all of his loved ones and prove that Chase was right about him being a monster (in front of his own son no less) is pretty much the epitome of what Chase is all about.

Joni

He dies knowing he wins. That is the payoff.

Nabs

iJq5bqh.gif
xsWtzIl.gif

mYt5t2T.gif
5Mj4ic1.gif

0VvveEO.gif
aaFop6F.gif

Platy

HOLY SHIT at that ending.

Even knowing that they just can't kill EVERYONE on their payroll that was an awesome ending

Guys, can you help me? I'm watching all tv shows only when full season released. But with CW DC it's not that easy since there is so many crossovers now. Is there any guide how to watch all new seasons of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends to not miss anything? I remember i started watching Flash first in previous year and got constant references about Canary death and suddenly second episode of Arrow/Flash crossover. What should i watch first this year?

Magwik

Banned
Guys, can you help me? I'm watching all tv shows only when full season released. But with CW DC it's not that easy since there is so many crossovers now. Is there any guide how to watch all new seasons of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends to not miss anything? I remember i started watching Flash first in previous year and got constant references about Canary death and suddenly second episode of Arrow/Flash crossover. What should i watch first this year?

Arrow S1
Arrow S2
Flash S1/Arrow S3
Flash S2/Arrow S4/LoT S1
Flash S3/Arrow S5/LoT S2

As for the crossover stuff:
First crossover: Flash S1E8 followed by Arrow S3E8
Second: Flash S2E8 + Arrow S4E8.
Third: Flash S3E8+ Arrow S5E8 + LoT S2E7

PeaceUK

Here you go, people have been keeping up to date lists with viewing orders since there is quite a lot of crossing over.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=513473

Flash S3/Arrow S5/LoT S2

As for the crossover stuff:
Third: Flash S3E8+ Arrow S5E8 + LoT S2E7
Yeah, I meant only last batch, i watched all previous seasons. But there should be also Flash/Supergirl crossover, right? Going to watch Flash then, thanks for help!
Here you go, people have been keeping up to date lists with viewing orders since there is quite a lot of crossing over.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=513473
Awesome, i knew there is a list like that somewhere, thanks!

Just finished watching the finale. Arrow was so good this season that it has firmly left Flash and Supergirl in the dust. 2nd best superhero show to AoS. I know they didn't kill everyone on the island, but that was a great finale for an excellent season.

Incredible season.

Would it be too much to see
2 of Diggle, Felicity, and Lance die
as a result? I feel there needs to be some success to Chase's plan. He was too good of a villain to be unsuccessful.

Corpekata

Banned
I'd bet we'll see at least 1 or 2 people die, but probably not many regulars.

Slade if they can't get Manu back for more and he's always been a bit of an oddball it seems like. Can see them using it to finally write him out.

Kid's mom because she's so minor, but that does mean saddling the story with a kid, so might not be worth it.

I'd bet one of the Al Ghul sisters doesn't make it back.

Maybe Talia or Evelyn in a quick semi-redemption arc.

ZeroX03

Banned
Samantha dying could mean making the kid a bigger deal in Ollie's life, I'm not sure the show wants to go that way but it'd work.

Manu seems to be enjoying playing Slade again, he's pushing to do more on social media. I think he'll survive and be recurring if DC allows it.

Diggle, Felicity and Thea are obviously safe. Wild Dog, Dinah and Black Siren being made regulars means they're definitely sticking around too. Curtis is likely safe too.

Chesthair should've died three years ago but I'm glad he hasn't. And they can do a lot more with his relationships with Wild Dog, Dinah, Black Siren...

Evelyn, Talia, Nyssa are all maybes. All of those characters can be explored more.

Merlyn and Digger are dead until further notice, like Deadshot. Merlyn is the big 'death' of the episode, which would've landed harder if his thing wasn't coming back from the dead.

I also wanted S6 to end with Oliver going public, that obviously didn't happen but S6 premiere. C'mon. Do it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, I think Chesthair would actually pretty crucial to any kind of redemption arc they might want to do with Black Siren.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They shouldn't kill anyone. I'd be sad at all deaths. Except Artemis but she needs a redemption story. It is too weird she would stay evil.

Should have pretended to catch it.

They will keep him, he is too popular.

I get the impression the beef was one sided, and they always had the idea of Slade taking a break.

Yup I never felt we got a sufficient reason for Chase doing what he did. The lengths he went too.

Joni

She is a 20-something year old. You'd probably be able to get her to make an actual picture like the second one.

Top Bottom