• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

wiibomb

Where is the card reveal site going to be for the daily Hearthstone cards, assuming it hasn't started yet?

last time I was keeping up with releases on disguedtoast.com

for some reason that site was really easy to use and they updated it fast enough.

If not, I think hearthpwn.com is good and fast enough.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Peléo;244104861 said:
Have they said anything about changing Holy Nova or Life Drain to the new key word Lifesteal ?

They aren't. They don't want to change how older cards work.

ZealousD

Where is the card reveal site going to be for the daily Hearthstone cards, assuming it hasn't started yet?

Reveals get spread across multiple gaming/fan sites and streamers. Hearthpwn is a good resource to follow if you want the latest news. For an official resource, Blizzard usually updates an album on their Facebook page a day or two after they reveal a card elsewhere. That's also where the final dump happens.

Peléo

They aren't. They don't want to change how older cards work.

Seems dumb. After the changes to poisonous minions I was expecting Blizzard would actually do it. I can understand not wanting to change Holy Nova, but Drain Life is the epitome of the mechanic.

ZealousD

Peléo;244108656 said:
Seems dumb. After the changes to poisonous minions I was expecting Blizzard would actually do it. I can understand not wanting to change Holy Nova, but Drain Life is the epitome of the mechanic.

The poisonous change was purely a visual change. They didn't change how the cards work. Lifesteal stacks with spellpower. Drain Life and Holy Fire don't.

Mistress of Pain and Wickerflame Burnbristle will be changed to Lifesteal because their functionality is identical.

TankUP

Peléo;244108656 said:

Drain life isn't lifesteal. They work differently. They'd have to change how the card works.

Right now with spell damage you'd do more damage with Drain Life but still only heal for 2. With lifesteal, you heal for the amount of damage that you do.

They've already announced which existing cards are getting the lifesteal keyword. They also reworked how lifesteal works with Auchenai Soulpriest.

Presumably they are making a different lifesteal card for Warlock that'll be better than Drain Life is anyway. I guess my point is, would you rather they slightly buff Drain Life or would you rather get an actual good spell for Warlock?

Peléo

Drain life isn't lifesteal. They work differently. They'd have to change how the card works.

Right now with spell damage you'd do more damage with Drain Life but still only heal for 2. With lifesteal, you heal for the amount of damage that you do.

They've already announced which existing cards are getting the lifesteal keyword. They also reworked how lifesteal works with Auchenai Soulpriest.

Presumably they are making a different lifesteal card for Warlock that'll be better than Drain Life is anyway. I guess my point is, would you rather they slightly buff Drain Life or would you rather get an actual good spell for Warlock?

The poisonous change was purely a visual change. They didn't change how the cards work. Lifesteal stacks with spellpower. Drain Life and Holy Fire don't.

Mistress of Pain and Wickerflame Burnbristle will be changed to Lifesteal because their functionality is identical.

I understand they are mechanically different, especially Holy Nova. But I think it would make more sense from a flavour and thematic point of view if Drain Life and Holy Fire had the keyword.

Nothing is stopping Blizzard for having 2 spells with Lifesteal. But I would rather have a good one.

Unrelated question: If Hallazeal had text: "All your spells have Lifesteal", would it still work in the same way it does right now?

ZealousD

Peléo;244114704 said:
Unrelated question: If Hallazeal had text: "All your spells have Lifesteal", would it still work in the same way it does right now?

No. Hallazeal currently stacks if you have two or more of him. That text wouldn't stack.

wiibomb

What hero card is this?

one of the new type of card, the hero card, a new type of legendary to replace the hero with whatever hero is on the card, this is the one reveled so far:

deathstalker-rexxar.jpg

the armor is added the whatever life the hero currently has. The hero power also changes

This frost festival sure is fun, what with all the unique and interesting things going on...

you should really be playing arena. the pack gain is so easy since the field is huge and awful, and the free win is amazing, it's easiest gold train i've seen from any time in the game.

actually the lowest i got was 3 wins, and i got an old gods pack, an ungoro, and 25 gold.

Blizzard

Banned
you should really be playing arena. the pack gain is so easy since the field is huge and awful, and the free win is amazing, it's easiest gold train i've seen from any time in the game.

actually the lowest i got was 3 wins, and i got an old gods pack, an ungoro, and 25 gold.
Wow, my 3 win runs just got me a pack and like 45 gold, what a raw deal. D:

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Been one game away from rank 15 five separate times this month. It's frustrating especially since usually make at least rank 10 each month.

Blizzard

Banned
its rng but this is as close to a good lotto as it gets in this game with the free win and bad players all over, it's worth the investment. just pray u can pick pally
I know it makes sense from the gold-pack standpoint, but if I don't really need the packs it's bad for me because I'm afraid I'll get addicted to spending gold on arena, instead of saving 2000+ gold for the new expansion where I really want to spend it on packs.

Also, 4 arena runs in a row, mage offered 0 times. I guess that's 20% odds but it still feels annoying.

pally is better anyway. but you'll stockpile packs which will be dust which you'll need anyway. esp if you preordered you might as well just crank out dust at a much higher clip than on ladder

ZeroX03

Banned
Was feeling bad because I drafted the worst damn Rogue deck in Arena, but then I got just one win and was happy because it was more than I expected. I think my opponent had not understood how to build an arena deck. I don't care.

Blizzard

Banned
My normal arena drafting strategy is "pick 15 cards for value, then pick 15 cards for curve". Unfortunately I keep getting drafts where the last 15 draft sets have very few 1-3 mana minions and I can't fill a board as a result.

I also just had a Paladin draft with 0 legendaries, 0 stonehill defender, and 0 vinecleaver. ;(

Was feeling bad because I drafted the worst damn Rogue deck in Arena, but then I got just one win and was happy because it was more than I expected. I think my opponent had not understood how to build an arena deck. I don't care.
Someone just told me there are some matchmaking mechanics in Arena where when you win you get paired up with other players who have won and vice versa. Is that true?

I feel like I either win a couple easy ones in a row then go 0-3, or lose 2 badly and get matched against someone that has no clue what they are doing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Someone just told me there are some matchmaking mechanics in Arena where when you win you get paired up with other players who have won and vice versa. Is that true?

I feel like I either win a couple easy ones in a row then go 0-3, or lose 2 badly and get matched against someone that has no clue what they are doing.

Yes matchmaking tries to pair you up with someone with as close a streak to you as possible. I don't think anything else matters.

ZeroX03

Banned
Managed to get four probably undeserved wins with the trash Rogue before getting kicked to the key, far better than I expected but a far cry from my last few arena runs.

E: Hey, I won my next one (also Rogue)! 12-2, but one of those was a free win. First time completing an arena run. 330 gold, a pack and a golden common.

wiibomb

With 7 wins I got an ungoro pack and 185g, that was enough to get rid of the pesky 5g on my stack. (Now to watch and get another 5g on the next runs lol)

Is there a standalone Hearth Arena app? This thing is absurd

There is, I personally use it to get an idea which cards are better on arena without getting deep in learning the tier list.

I usually follow what I want, but the app itself is really good to help me on those picks.

Pooya

I just played against 5 pirate warriors back to back at rank 8 NA. wtf happened, did meta change?

I'm playing rogue so it was kinda rough, I put 2x nu ooze in my deck after second game and it actually worked out great, for once they didn't disappear. Still it's very hard when they go second.

Blizzard

Banned
I just played against 5 pirate warriors back to back at rank 8 NA. wtf happened, did meta change?

I'm playing rogue so it was kinda rough, I put 2x nu ooze in my deck after second game and it actually worked out great, for once they didn't disappear. Still it's very hard when they go second.
I still get crushed any time I try pirate warrior in this meta. Sometimes it's someone having anti-weapon + anti-pirate cards in their first hand, sometimes it's just good draws or chains of taunts, but either way it feels super unreliable.

scarlet

Playing Casual, faced jade hemet druid.

Dude's non stop bming each time hr played idol and especially when I've used all of my removal. He didn't even try to remove my priest of the feast. Luckily I had mind blast from lyra, the only spell I got from her. And course I non stop bmed him back.

fertygo

I miss legend ladder man.. but I'm so daunted to climb it, ugh so much effort.. really lacking motivation to do it.

prolly next month..

manhack

I miss legend ladder man.. but I'm so daunted to climb it, ugh so much effort.. really lacking motivation to do it.

prolly next month..

I love Legend ladder too, but yeah it's a pain to climb it. Very hard to make time for it; even if you have the time lol.

I can't wait until they find a way to make it easier.

God dammit I like Arena again. I have done six today.

Thankfully one was 7 wins. Two were 6 wins. Two were 5 wins. One was 2 wins. (this includes the free win), so I am not wasting away gold :)

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sad about getting 12 wins in arena. I always had something to aspire to because I sucked so badly at it, but now I've achieved it there's no way I can top that feeling. I've plateaued!

Grief.exe

I like the value in this arena deck. Have 2x Shadowcasters to hit some juicy targets, Giant Wasp, Novice, Shaku, Barnes, Squidface, Moat Lurker, Kodo. Some dirty combos.

First game I hit Giant Threshadon, and when combined with Stormwind Champion I had some scary threats on the board.

Top Bottom