• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Renewed

You get a ton through the mountain dew promotion, you can get up to 10 per day using the code in the second OP post.

Oh cool. I was worried it'd send me to a Canadian site or something. Thanks! Only up for another 2 weeks though, I guess I'll be going nuts this winter break.

It's a shame how much camo designs cover up the great colors and design of the different pilots. I almost want to run them stock.

The stock colors are actually my favorite colors for each Tactical. I've actually only been using them for all the guns, tacticals, and Titans(well only Tone to best honest lol) until I bought the Angel City DLC. And to be honest, I bought it just to help out Respawn for making such a great game and not because I actually want it. I only like two colors from the bundle and it's the plain looking ones. I'm not into the fancy flashy designs.

Arrrammis

Bought the game today but still or two minds: open it or return it.

Someone convince me either way...

7esw0wQ.gif

WKcM8dj.gif

Everyone compares TF|2 to battlefield 1, but they're really completely different games. Everyone loves to hype up the campaign, which is really good for an FPS, but not amazing if you're used to games like TLOU or Uncharted (in terms of writing, different routes to completion, etc.). To me, the multiplayer is the best I've played in a long time (coming from Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, The Division, etc.), and there's a pretty healthy player base despite what people say. I can hop into any of the main playlists (Bounty Hunt, Attrition, Mixtape, Capture the flag) and get a game in ~15 seconds on PS4, getting a match in the other modes in ~1 minute. There's not much reason not to give it a try! I would recommend that you rent it to try it out then buy it if you like it, but since you've bought it... give it a shot!

Arrrammis

I dont even... How is Uncharted anything else than typical 3rd person singleplayer.

I meant more in terms of the story writing, varied mechanics with lots of options for playstyles and ways to approach situations. Uncharted has some pretty great stories, varied pacing, and is much longer that TF|2's campaign.

RedFury

Yeah I noticed this today too, wrote "No respect for Devotion users" while winning the match got the answer "and your Nuclear Explosion is better? Noob!" :|
The one and only true problem I have with the devotion is how easy it makes taking out ejecting pilots. I think out of the few times I've been taken out while ejecting was a Devotion user just spamming until ramp up, then it has Ion laser core ease of use.
Edit: to be more clear once devotion is ramped up its a constant stream of easily focused DPS.

FStop7

Banned
Wait is it Devotion that is the cause of all TF2's problems now? Two weeks ago it was Cloak and last week it was Tone. I'm losing track.

You get a ton through the mountain dew promotion, you can get up to 10 per day using the code in the second OP post.

Oh wow, thanks. I was hoping to not miss out on that and I heard a bunch of codes were pulled too. Now I have all the third-party commercialized perks.

deoee

Wait is it Devotion that is the cause of all TF2's problems now? Two weeks ago it was Cloak and last week it was Tone. I'm losing track.

Tone is a constant problem.

It switches between Hemlock and Devotion every few days.
Cloak is ok now I guess, but Stim and Phase Shift are runner ups.

Stim and phase shift are Good, it's just that everything else sucks.

Tone's core is ridiculous and her weapon's splash damage is stupid in comparison to her ability to be great at any range

So, Threat Scope on anything is kind of worthless, right? Even more lol that Northstar got this as an option. Everyone already glows, what's the point in this?

SwolBro

Banned
Cloak is ok now I guess, but Stim and Phase Shift are runner ups.

Ok, something isn't a problem just because it's being used more than other things. Let's not even go the route of bitching about something because people are equipping it.

Anything that promotes movement and high level play is a good thing. People don't bitch about hemloks and devotions because everyone is using it, they bitch about it because it crushes the games mobility aspect. Those guns are incredibly easy to use with little to no drawback. Same went for cloak pre nerf. It didn't take anything at all to use and be successful, plus it didn't promote movement.

Does the quick-ADS and Gunrunner mods make any difference? To put it in another way- is there any reason not to use quick reload and extra ammo?

Whoo, finally reached G10!

Also, I just realized the new OP (or first reply) doesn't have the Discord links. Could we get that added?

cantona222

I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. In the campain when I am outside the Titan and shooting enemies, the game is supposed to be played like a regular FPS (like COD4),isn't it? I mean double jumping and wall running don't seem to help much in these situations.

I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. In the campain when I am outside the Titan and shooting enemies, the game is supposed to be played like a regular FPS (like COD4),isn't it? I mean double jumping and wall running don't seem to help much in these situations.

Don't forget there are actual platforming sections that will require you to be good at the movement.

Unicorn

At least on mobile it registers your first input regardless if you edit the text field before hitting submit. Fixed it. Wtf is the coliseum. Sounds like a total no fun zone.

Vipu

Banned
At least on mobile it registers your first input regardless if you edit the text field before hitting submit. Fixed it. Wtf is the coliseum. Sounds like a total no fun zone.

Its nofun zone if you are not familiar with fps games i guess or arena shooters.

deoee

Ok, something isn't a problem just because it's being used more than other things. Let's not even go the route of bitching about something because people are equipping it.

Anything that promotes movement and high level play is a good thing. People don't bitch about hemloks and devotions because everyone is using it, they bitch about it because it crushes the games mobility aspect. Those guns are incredibly easy to use with little to no drawback. Same went for cloak pre nerf. It didn't take anything at all to use and be successful, plus it didn't promote movement.

I know, I'm really not saying they are fine, just pointing out that the general bitching in here shifts all the time

Unicorn

Fuck it's almost 3 am. 5 hours vanished. Fucking game clicked for me. Thumb is gonna be damn numb tomorrow from clicking the stick to sprint so much.

Scorch feels good to lace a fool. Legion is also legit, especially the Melee kill impaling fools on a gatling gun.

deoee

is this sarcasm? i have about a 100.

After they adjusted the spawns i'm not so bitter about Complex, especially when i run alternator. it can be fun. soon as they nerf hemlok and sentries it will be even better.

I get none.
I had ~5 in my 2 days playtime :D

Top Bottom