• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Anyone know how an in-store preorder from Gamestop works? Do I need to be there Thursday night, or can I stroll in Friday with my receipt? I am paranoid that it won't be there Friday.
If they're doing a midnight release for preorders, I wouldn't risk going any later but that's just me.

My Wal-Mart pre-order was made with a credit card that I had to replace. It's getting cancelled isn't it?

this is happening to me too. I contacted walmart and they said it will 100% be cancelled :(

Im really hoping the person I talked to didnt know what they were talking about. How is there not a way to change an order, makes no sense

spad3

Anyone know how an in-store preorder from Gamestop works? Do I need to be there Thursday night, or can I stroll in Friday with my receipt? I am paranoid that it won't be there Friday.

They give you 48 hours to pick up your item. They're NOT allowed to sell your pre-ordered item on launch day (which is Friday), so if they do sell your pre-ordered item on day of release, they can get in huge trouble. I personally have mine pre-ordered in-person as well and I'll be picking mine up Friday afternoon, strolling in no problemo.

Source:
I used to work at GameStop as a keyholder.

It's all well and good for the initial release to come but looking BEYOND that it's all about how soon will someone come up with an effective hack to add the missing content such as: Actraiser, Sim City, Pilot Wings, Donkey Kong Country 2 etc....

Sim City would be great, I used to love that game!

cabel

this is happening to me too. I contacted walmart and they said it will 100% be cancelled :(

Im really hoping the person I talked to didnt know what they were talking about. How is there not a way to change an order, makes no sense

I talked to 7 or 8 different agents (phone, chat, email) and was finally escalated to someone who in turn escalated me to the orders department.

That person claims — claims — that when the card ties to get charged and failed, we will get an e-mail giving us options including "try a different card".

So while the card can't be changed now, but hopefully can be changed then.

Odds of this being true: 17%

Either way I think we can all agree: Walmart sucks

Chitown B

It's all well and good for the initial release to come but looking BEYOND that it's all about how soon will someone come up with an effective hack to add the missing content such as: Actraiser, Sim City, Pilot Wings, Donkey Kong Country 2 etc....

missing content? just because games you like aren't on it doesn't make them "missing." This is the collection being offered. Get an emulator.

Is there any way to get 3 players in Secret of Mana on this? I imagine not since there's only 2 input ports.

SNES classic edition multitap when?

kidnemo

Neo Member

Typical Nintendo locking content already on the system behind a DLC paywall. If we pay for a SNES mini we DESERVE access to the entire SNES library!

I want this thing opened up so that Star Fox 2 rom can be extracted. I need to play it on my CRT.

I would love to do this too. Hopefully someone comes out with a tutorial so I can extract it from my SNES classic. Too bad there aren't any flash carts that support SFX2 expansion. Gonna have to cannibalize something.

They give you 48 hours to pick up your item. They're NOT allowed to sell your pre-ordered item on launch day (which is Friday), so if they do sell your pre-ordered item on day of release, they can get in huge trouble. I personally have mine pre-ordered in-person as well and I'll be picking mine up Friday afternoon, strolling in no problemo.

Source:
Unless of course they're brave enough to try "Playing the Float."

BigBeauford

Source:

Awesome! I appreciate it.

Ovid

Source:

I'm probably not going to forget but do they call to remind you?

I talked to 7 or 8 different agents (phone, chat, email) and was finally escalated to someone who in turn escalated me to the orders department.

That person claims — claims — that when the card ties to get charged and failed, we will get an e-mail giving us options including "try a different card".

So while the card can't be changed now, but hopefully can be changed then.

Odds of this being true: 17%

Either way I think we can all agree: Walmart sucks

Really hoping this is the case because I'm in the same boat. Also changed my CC that I had on file with my Amazon.uk preorder so hopefully that doesn't fall through too.

JDdelphin

I hate not having faith that a preorder from day one that's still showing active just won't get cancelled on release day.

Like- should I plan on camping out the night before or not?

NeOak

If it isn't, you call corporate ASAP and rat them out.

That's a fireable offense.

Pikma

Banned
I contacted Amazon and all I got was one month free of Prime and a promise to send me an email with more info withing the next 24 hrs so we'll see...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't believe we're almost only a week left until this ships.

Really hope Amazon updates soon to put those who pre-ordered at ease. My friend wants to come over next Friday, but at this rate, I'm just hoping Amazon will at least ship it on Friday.

watdaeff4

Can't believe we're almost only a week left until this ships.

Really hope Amazon updates soon to put those who pre-ordered at ease. My friend wants to come over next Friday, but at this rate, I'm just hoping Amazon will at least ship it on Friday.
I won't believe in my Wal-Mart preorder until I have it in my hands

MRORANGE

What would be interesting is reflashing a SNES Classic as a NES classic, or vice versa.
What would be even more interesting is having both on one console.

it's a capable emulation machine (nes mini) taht can even run PS1 games so not surprised the Snes is a just a re branded shell with the same hardware, totally doable and nes controllers (mini) should still work for it.

So I made a last minute decision and canceled my GameStop pre-order and now I'm worried I made a mistake... I had the stupid 200 dollar bundle... It shouldn't be too hard to get one down the road I hope?

Zen Aku

So I made a last minute decision and canceled my GameStop pre-order and now I'm worried I made a mistake... I had the stupid 200 dollar bundle... It shouldn't be too hard to get one down the road I hope?
*Future Kenagain240 appears from a wormhole. He look visibly older, missing an eye and ravaged*

"DON'T CANCEL THE PRE-ORDER!"

But it was too late.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Eh what do they bundle with a standalone console with its entire library built in?

Syriel

how is it that my amazon uk order is less WITH shipping than my walmart order...motherfucking taxes man

If you are in the US, Amazon UK probably is not charging you taxes. That'll account for it.

In other news, if Wario64's info is accurate, scalpers (and anyone who purchased a preorder from one) will be crying in a few weeks.

Wario64 said:
Was just told that Target will have more than 100k SNES Classics on first run. Biggest Targets getting 300, mid-Targets 100, lows getting 60

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/910663642659545089

Treating as rumor, but people like to leak to folks with lots of followers.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He's also reporting several Walmarts are getting just as much.

Nintendo is stuffing the market with these.

hwy_61

Banned
shit, if thats the case, I'll cancel both my preorders and just go get one on release day...

what if the rumors are wrong though...

If you are in the US, Amazon UK probably is not charging you taxes. That'll account for it.

In other news, if Wario64's info is accurate, scalpers (and anyone who purchased a preorder from one) will be crying in a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/910663642659545089

Treating as rumor, but people like to leak to folks with lots of followers.

Unless those scalpers already sold their pre-orders before launch, then they'll be laughing, not crying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That makes me hopeful in case Amazon doesn't pull through or only sends me one & not the 2nd one I ordered for my friends. At the very least, it sounds like it won't be sold out as quickly at launch like the NES Mini.

Ashby

Nice, the more common these things are the less guilty I feel for opening up the one pre-order unit I got and actually playing with the damn thing.

So since this is going to be a common product I no longer need three, lol. Keeping them to sell to friends at cost who didn't manage to get one.

shockdude

So since this is going to be a common product I no longer need to hold on to pre-orders, lol. Keeping them to sell to friends at cost who didn't manage to get one.
I'm still holding onto my extra. If I end up with two, it'll either be gifted to family or simply returned in-store.

Chesskid1

Banned
people will post pics of shelves of unsold snes classics, media starts writing articles about how easy it is to buy them, investors notice and stocks drop 3-5%

hwy_61

Banned
so with ac plugs...which one to get? Was going to go on amazon and buy the first one i see with good reviews, unless there's a specific type i should be getting?

Top Bottom