• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Bizazedo

Hearthstone Highlights so far.

Gnomefaratu has been a goddamned champ. She's burned Frost Lich Jaina (caused concede), Medivh, Tirion, a Lyra, and a few others I can't remember so far. Her hit rate for important cards has been pretty good for me.

Been having reasonable success with a whirlwind Warrior deck so far. Multiple King Moshes with 3-4 Blood Razors tend to annihilate everything. Even beat a Jade / Taunt Druid (Yes, Geist is also in the deck).

Hearthstone lowlights.

A priest beat a Warlock highlander deck I've been working on by Thoughtstealing my Twisting Nether. He then used Archbishop Benedictus to steal my DK hero and used that to survive my final onslaught even after I got through him wiping out my board.

Why

Its good

It's good, but it's not amazing. There are better Legendaries.

Doom Pact is a kick in the pants.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
0DWLgFE.jpg

We both made a Scavenging Hyena and Stranglethorn Tiger Zombeast

Why

Its good

Anti Lich King sentiment in this thread is so weird

I just see Kolento playing in top 10 legend he play Lich King

I see Ike streaming top 200 he play Lich King

And yet this thread call Lich King bad non stop

Why

I dunno if lich king is good enough or not, but it's probably over played right now.

Basically what Biz and Mobius said. I'm not saying TLK is bad, but I think he is a top candidate right now to craft and then regret it later. Kind of like how I feel about Gul'dan. :-(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't think I called Lich King bad, I just think the cards you get off of it are on average equal to Ysera. Maybe a little worse.

Pooya

the only hero I'd craft right now is druid one. It's just solid and gives you a lot of sustain in both control and aggro games. It's just a solid 7 drop. Second one is priest, with Raza it's very broken but I don't know how good that deck will be in the end you probably have to craft Raza too so it's expensive, wait on that.

Jaina and Rexxar have no place right now. Best mage deck seems to be OTK, apparently it's very good at the moment but it's not popular yet. I'm going to try that next.

Garrosh seems good on paper but maybe not in practice. Whirldwind warrior is just missing pieces at this time.

Valeera is ok but rogue is certainly underpowered now compared with what others play, their minions are utter trash and their various win conditions are mediocre at best. Druids out tempo you and go through their deck twice as fast while maintaining card advantage. Control decks can deal with whatever you can throw at them or heal through it. Rogue used to beat priest and druid comfortably, it's certainly not the case right now. I'm not going to say unfavored but you gotta have optimal hands to win and win fast at that, the longer game goes the less likely you beat priest or jades. It's rough. I'd say it should be below 50. If there is any good rogue deck in this meta game, it's probably not miracle. I'm thinking of going back to sprint and hit people in the face a lot.

Gul'dan is ok and fun, it could be low tier 2 or tier 3. If you enjoy playing warlock I think you should get it. I think they will add support for it in future sets. I crafted it, I don't regret it.

I've seen shaman one played a lot on EU, shaman seemingly is extremely popular there. It's just ungoro token deck with this card added. Losing totems appears to be a huge downside. I don't think you should get this yet, it's ok but yeah..

Paladin one is solid but I have no idea how you beat priests with paladin, they just shit you all the way. Paladin is good elsewhere though but probably this card won't matter in those games against druid and similar. You want to win quickly, those kind of paladins probably won't need this. I think hold.

Lich King, well sometimes you high roll your opponent out of the game but it's usually mediocre I feel. Not impressed.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It also might just be my bad luck but I don't think the cards you get off of Lich King have an equal chance of appearing.

f0lken

I don't regret crafting my gold lich king, but it definitely generates 3 cards more than it was needed for it to be effective. 5 card pool, or even 6 would've made it great

Haven't crafted Lich King yet but so far I've not been particularly impressed playing against it. It's fairly easy to kill and you need more than 1 proc, unless you highroll, to make it worth it seemingly.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Played some Patron Warrior since I unpacked the Warrior DK, and it's pretty fun. I kinda forgot how nice it is just to have a 1 mana 1/3 in your deck. Wish I had Rotface just to try him out there.

Somehow got 10 wins in arena after starting it 0-2. Weird how that works sometimes.

fertygo

If Lich King only give you Razor Petal every turn I still think its good

Its a threat that protect you, can't get better than that

its feel more like midrange card than control tho

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If Lich King only give you Razor Petal every turn I still think its good

Its a threat that protect you, can't get better than that

its feel more like midrange card than control tho

Especially because it feels like half the cards you get trash your deck for board advantage. Very midrangey.

sibarraz

Banned
My problem with lich king is that only 2 cards are without a question good, the rest all have a drawback that you will never find with the ysera dream cards, were even the worst one still have some kind of use.

But with arthas lots of times I get a card that could potentially make me lose the game (I always drop the remove the top 5 cards of your deck while playing a control deck)

Pooya

I think it's something tempo warrior would want a lot, I haven't seen tempo warrior though.

I keep getting anti magic shell from it, while it's not bad, it's not very useful most of the time. I got two back to back. It was worthless.

Pooya

one thing I didn't realize about eternal servitude is that it favors class minions just like every other discover card. So if you had lots of other junk dying in the game, you still get your 4/8. It's so dumb.

Fuck Druid and bullshit ramp hes alrdy at fucking 10mana and im at 5 then he uses infestation and after that bonemare bullshit. Time to fucking put Innervate in the hall of Fame.

God I hate Jade Druid. Such a degenerate deck.

Makes quest rogue look interactive.
How is a deck that does nothing but play for the board uninteractive? lol

You can hard counter Jade Druid so easily.

Priest decks look to expensive. I think I have most of it but I don't want to craft both Raza and Lyra

You don't need both, but without Raza the HP isn't as good.

You don't need Lyra at all.
Nah you definitely want Raza.

How is a deck that does nothing but play for the board uninteractive? lol

You can hard counter Jade Druid so easily.

Thats the point.

Either you run a deck that specifically counters Jade and you crush them, or you run something else and get crushed.

Practically the definition of uninteractive.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What if they made UI a Druid legendary.

They wouldn't have to change the card itself, but you could only run 1 since it's a legendary.

Maybe that could balance out things?

Dahbomb

Top 4 Legendaries to craft right now (Standard) are Druid hero, Priest hero, Paladin hero and Lich King.

Druid hero not because it's busted but rather the class is doing really well and Druid hero is easy to plop into many Druid decks.

Priest hero is really strong and is especially strong if Jades are a thing because it wipes a full Jade board on play. It has other applications too.

Paladin hero is another strong one that puts a lot of pressure on with the weapon and the 2/2. Lots of Paladin decks can play it.

Lich King is probably the best neutral 8 drop in the game right now with Ragnaros in HoF. But it is not fitted for a control decks, it's much better as a Midrange deck card. That means Druids and Taunt Warrior, not Control Priest/Paladin/Warlock/Warrior. Especially not Warlock. Sometimes you can high roll with it playing as control but for control only 5/8 options are good whereas for Midrange every option is potentially good. It's definitely being over played right now (and played in incorrect decks) but bad card it definitely is not.

None of the class Legendaries are that good. Bolvar and Sindragosa are probably the best but both are OK right now, not must crafts.

Lich King is probably the best neutral 8 drop in the game right now with Ragnaros in HoF. But it is not fitted for a control decks, it's much better as a Midrange deck card. That means Druids and Taunt Warrior, not Control Priest/Paladin/Warlock/Warrior. Especially not Warlock. Sometimes you can high roll with it playing as control but for control only 5/8 options are good whereas for Midrange every option is potentially good. It's definitely being over played right now (and played in incorrect decks) but bad card it definitely is not.

I would argue Medivh will eventually trump Lich King again.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Is DK Raza Priest worth it even if I don't craft Kazakus? It looks really fun but my dust is limited.

Pooya

yeah if I want to play 8 drop in jade I play Medivh. 10 drop, 5 drop, 5 cards, deal 5 damage. You removed jade idols? whatever.

I think this set has so many bad class cards that it will turn out to be an optimizer set, and not one that creates new trends. The DK card are almost all generic enough that they fit into existing archetypes and just make them better, and they are the main feature. I think there are a few decks to be discovered still, but I can't see anything innovative coming out of this aside from tutor potential.

ZeroX03

Banned
Dust Inkmaster Solia? It never amounted to much and it feels like I'm waiting for a Renossance that isn't going to come and it's not like I'm going to open any more Gadgetzan so dupe protection is pointless. Kazakus I'll keep.

Should I bother playing Evolve Shaman without Patches/Aya? I got the Shaman DK and I want to play around with it.

Kripp playing Evolve Shaman without either right now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dust Inkmaster Solia? It never amounted to much and it feels like I'm waiting for a Renossance that isn't going to come and it's not like I'm going to open any more Gadgetzan so dupe protection is pointless. Kazakus I'll keep.

Kripp playing Evolve Shaman without either right now.

Don't you only play aggro decks? If so of course you dust solia.

scarlet

Running out of time when you're playing on phone never felt good.

Got so greedy on mirror match up and ended up didn't finish my turn.

But I won against pirate warrior.

Edit: Turn 6 Y'shaarj, into alex, into malygos. Innervate fucking sucks.

Dahbomb

I would argue Medivh will eventually trump Lich King again.
Medivh isn't gonna trump shit.

Medivh has in built counters in the game with weapon removal which people still run. The minute someone gets a whiff that Medivh is in the meta they will hold off weapon removal for it.

And many classes don't have big enough spells for Medivh. It's Priest, Mage and now Druid, that's about it.

Lich King already seeing more play than Medivh did in his lifetime.

Sheroking

I play both Lich King and Medivh in my Kazakus Priest right now, but if I get a hint that weapon removal is being heavily tech'd in, I'd drop Medivh out in a second.

By the same token, if The Black Knight were to see regular play as a tech choice, I'd probably still play Lich King.

So... TLK > Medivh, I suppose.

Top Bottom