• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged Destiny 2 Poster Leaks - Sep 8th Release

I expected a Destiny 2 reveal at e3. If posters are getting out now, that would assume an announcement before hand. Maybe a Game Informer cover story in the near future?

Endless

what was the last game leaked by a retail poster?

CoD?

edit: wait, no, wasn't it Destiny - Rise of Iron?

Yep

RY33JSTB

Lifeline

I had 0 interest in Destiny after its beta. Not sure what D2 has to do differently to get me on board. Stronger narrative focus would help.

Looks like shit. Will Activision have an even where they announce this? They should do one before E3 and just have a trailer for E3.

I think this is fake though, no aliens and the two looks like utter garbage.

I don't get the "looks like a fake" calls.

I mean, it might be a fake but it absolutely looks good enough to be legit in terms of quality of artwork and presentation, etc...

The image of the poster looks very legit too.

If this is a fake then a lot of effort was made. There's literally no way to tell when the quality is absolutely on par with the output of Bungie in terms of Destiny marketing.

Me neither mate, I'm sceptical as always with any leak but the detail in the image is very good, the weapons look good and could fit in the world of Destiny. Omolon auto rifles and a Suros shotgun. Neat.
The fact that the traveler isn't present in the image is weird to me but then again it's been absent since the vanilla story so..

Can't do anything but wait anyway

jmaine_ph

Yep, the top right corner has a PS sticker saying "Contenuti esclusivi per PlayStation 4", so "Exclusive content for PS4", translated.

The bottom row states "Accedi alla Beta in Anticipo", which is "Get early access to the Beta". So, I suppose Beta first on PS4?

Once I saw that I knew it had to be legit lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So like every other beta?

No? I mean if you were in the Bungie Halo 3 beta for PvP it wasn't like really gained or lost anything back in the day. It was just individual matches.

Here you'd presumably be leveling and gaining gear that would all be wiped.

Monocle

Yay, I can't wait to learn Center Dudebro's backstory. I bet he's shot a lot of dudes, and possibly one or two bros on accident. War is tough.

Also apparently he is a Lannister.

wtf is with the humanist bs on that poster?

everyone knows ExoGuardians are the best. Y'all humans were nothing but bones before Dinklebot found you; us Exo were merely rusty.

It's happening!!! My most anticipated game this year, hands down, no question.

Then again I am a self-professed Destiny addict, so that makes sense.

Also I lost a bet because the name has a 2 in it. I figured Activision & Bungie would move away from numbered sequels here, but I see the point of numbering as to distinguish it from the original game.

So hype. And it's out before the big holiday rush, so much time to dive into the world.

Jawmuncher

Looks like shit. Will Activision have an even where they announce this? They should do one before E3 and just have a trailer for E3.

I think this is fake though, no aliens and the two looks like utter garbage.

Remember the earlier leaks were making a big deal about the character customization this time. So I think they're gonna push that aspect more, to make it feel like your story or whatever. Rather than being a soldier who takes off their helmet at the third person hub.

Wonder if it will have a subtitle

I doubt it. They need to be clear this is a full sequel and not an expansion. Simply calling it Destiny 2 will get that message across the most clearly.

I'm calling bullshit on this. Activision is definitely going WWI after BF1, but they're not brain dead enough to go with that name.

I'm not sure they'll be that obvious about it, but I can see them going back to WWII if this game wasn't too far in development to change direction by the time BF1 was revealed/came out (hint: it probably was).

Fan fiction.

Yep.

Plum

Whilst I have no interest in the game, it's good that they don't seem to be spending too long on the hype cycle this time around. If they can put it out with a good bit more content than what Destiny 1 launched with alongside significant gameplay tweaks/additions I can see this become very, very big.

scoobs

That soldier in the middle looks really odd.

Also at the bottom a mention of a beta, wonder if that means beta will be say on the day it gets announced at E3?

Looking forward to it. Destiny was a decent game that has lots more potential. Hoping for the best.

CRASH TEAM RACING

zomg.gif

Reads like a fan creation in the worst way. I'd be stunned if this was legitimate.

Hesemonni

Banned
Please be good, please be good!

Destiny 1 might be my most played game ever and I didn't even start until sometime last summer :/

Top Bottom