• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Pollux

I will get on that list this OP

You just started playing also, right? Sorry if I'm wrong. But if you are still rather new let me know if you want to do some 1v1 some time.

And the OP looks much better now that my post isn't ruining the symmetry lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I would just point out that the thread title makes a ridiculous assumption. Members lose to former diamond players all the time. I won't name names of course

yeah but in their case they didnt lose to someone who lifted their command center in the first minute.

Rubashov

Damn, I didn't even show up enough to crack the top 40 in posters, just like me on the ladder! How do you do these searches?

I need at least try to have more games than posts next time around.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you do these searches?
OdLxQ.jpg

yeah but in their case they didnt lose to someone who lifted their command center in the first minute.

I've seen Puma do the cc trick, it's the Terran version of the extractor trick. Some say it gets you ahead, some say it puts you slightly behind, who knows

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got a link to that stupid match?

Yoshichan

NASL-thread :eek:?

Venfayth

NASL-thread :eek:?

I'd completely forgotten it existed

Also, after searching for it apparently it's been open for about 3 months now and has less posts than this thread. :D But, since NASL apparently starts pretty early (actually convenient, since I can watch at work) I will take my sarcasm and disdain to that thread.

On another note, I do think we need a more "league" style tourney in America (akin to the gsl, where you know your opponent for a week or so beforehand, and the whole thing lasts much longer), so I hope that either NASL can step up in a few places or MLGs new format next year allows for longer duration events, as opposed to 5-6 short events.

Hello, friends!

Everyone ready to be satisfied with the NASL grand finals?

NASL is getting shit on, and some of it is deserved. But if a streamed tourney with these 16 top-notch players was instead called 'Bob's impromptu SC2 get-together', the community would eat it up and be excited as hell. You can't deny that it's an interesting line-up and that some of the matches are bound to be good ones.

That said, NASL will probably eff something up and get called out on it. Partly because the community never forgot how season 1 was run, and also partly because they're going balls to the wall with a big ol' convention center and big name casters.

Venfayth

NASL is getting shit on, and some of it is deserved. But if a streamed tourney with these 16 top-notch players was instead called 'Bob's impromptu SC2 get-together', the community would eat it up and be excited as hell. You can't deny that it's an interesting line-up and that some of the matches are bound to be good ones.

That said, NASL will probably eff something up and get called out on it. Partly because the community never forgot how season 1 was run, and also partly because they're going balls to the wall with a big ol' convention center and big name casters.

Well, first off, my comment was pretty charged, I'll admit that. Personally, the main things that bug me are the casters (personal distaste for a few in particular ...) and the format (slightly silly) - and of course the production fiasco of the grand finals last year. All in all, they're doing a pretty decent job. I don't really have any doubts they'll fix the production issues. They'd be committing suicide not to.

I think the player pool for the grand finals is interesting at best, there are a few top level players I'd be surprised to not see them in the quarterfinals.

Snowman

Well, first off, my comment was pretty charged, I'll admit that. Personally, the main things that bug me are the casters (personal distaste for a few in particular ...) and the format (slightly silly) - and of course the production fiasco of the grand finals last year. All in all, they're doing a pretty decent job. I don't really have any doubts they'll fix the production issues. They'd be committing suicide not to.

I think the player pool for the grand finals is interesting at best, there are a few top level players I'd be surprised to not see them in the quarterfinals.

Yeah, I'll watch for Huk anyway, cause I'm a fanboy like that, and just hope day9 somehow manages to cast all his games :)

Ok, but beyond the first day of the Grand Finals, it was awesome. One of the best final match-ups in Starcraft II. And aren't there 16 casters? There are bound to be a few of them you aren't going to like. That is just the way it is. Plus, Gun-Run will be there, which means stream issues won't exist :)

And the player pool is very exciting I think. It is missing Koreans, but that doesn't mean the tournament isn't going to be exciting, plus Liquid.Hero is going to be there fresh off his Dreamhack victory. There is a lot to be excited about for this tournament.

And the real reason everyone is down on the NASL is because Sporrer isn't going to be there (good riddance I say).

Venfayth

Ok, but beyond the first day of the Grand Finals, it was awesome. One of the best final match-ups in Starcraft II. And aren't there 16 casters? There are bound to be a few of them you aren't going to like. That is just the way it is. Plus, Gun-Run will be there, which means stream issues won't exist :)

He should cast as well! I miss his soothing voice..

Yoshichan

Jinro will never become Korean.

Pollux

NASL need Koreans and a lot of them too :/

This is the 3rd time people have been talking about Koreans, and Korean drama...I get Koreans love SC but what is the Korean drama people were talking about at the end of the last thread?

zlatko

Banned
OT4 :O

When HotS hits will we retire this thread, change the title or what? I'm curious if we'll hit OT5. :O

Yoshichan

We'll never reach |OT5| because we're creating a new thread for HotS :)

Snowman

Just played 2 PvPs in a row on ladder where my opponent FFE'd and I just got a warp prism real quick and killed them... What's going on? (Not that I'm complaining about easy wins or anything)

This is the 3rd time people have been talking about Koreans, and Korean drama...I get Koreans love SC but what is the Korean drama people were talking about at the end of the last thread?

There was a problem between the organizers of NASL and the Korean Starcraft II Teams before the start of NASL Season 2. It was mostly a disagreement over an allocation of funds from the tournament organizers to help aid the Korean player's travel and hotel arrangements. The Korean Teams felt they weren't being given enough while the NASL felt they were being more than generous. In the end the Korean teams decided not to participate in Season 2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You just started playing also, right? Sorry if I'm wrong. But if you are still rather new let me know if you want to do some 1v1 some time.

And the OP looks much better now that my post isn't ruining the symmetry lol
Yes! Add me if you're on NA. My name is Tashi and character code is 650.

Also, thanks for biggest potential award. I won't let you down Yosh.

I actually have a question too. Aside from scans, what other methods of scouting are there after 10 minutes into the match. You know, when each opponent has an army and you can really march a scout up the front door.

Yes! Add me if you're on NA. My name is Tashi and character code is 650.

Also, thanks for biggest potential award. I won't let you down Yosh.

I actually have a question too. Aside from scans, what other methods of scouting are there after 10 minutes into the match. You know, when each opponent has an army and you can really march a scout up the front door.

If you're Terran, send a single Marine to the front door for a quick scout of army composition. Also, drops can serve as scouting if you're using them. Maintain a hold on the Xel'Naga Towers if you can. Scans are really, really good though so you don't need much else, especially if you have two or three Orbital Command Centers.

Yoshichan

Anyone know what's going on with Google? I search for something, I get results but when I click any link, it directs me to something completely different.

Venfayth

Anyone know what's going on with Google? I search for something, I get results but when I click any link, it directs me to something completely different.

There's a virus that does something similar. Do a Malwarebytes scan and scan w/ whatever other AV you use.

Yoshichan

Oh fuck me, really?! Oh god :(... I haven't scanned for viruses for like 5 years or something... easy program to fix it?

Yoshichan

I can't even search for the fucking virus because I need Google for that... HELP!

Yoshichan

Ok, I've downloaded and installed the stuff you gave me Arnold... it's scanning through 7000 things right now... does this program also delete the viruses ._.?

Yoshichan

What do I do now <.<?

KWaQs.png

Top Bottom