• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 new modes revealed (New Game+, 1-Life Hardcore, Classic, Pure Survival)

Unfortunate that the classic mode is locked to start with, as its the only way i would want to play it.

But i'm not getting the game anyway so whatevah

Muffdraul

Classic aiming is the aiming from DS1, where if you're grabbed or off balance your aim doesn't stay centered. The centered aiming is from DS2 and DS3, and your aim remains centered even in disorienting moments.

I suppose this is correct, but it's basically a side effect of what Tacitus_ described previously.

Hunters are the one that regenerate right?

I forgot, if so that would be awesome.

But I would go that if you lose in 1-life hardcore the system destroys the Disc and burns the 360/Ps3/Pc.

Brilliant, you're hired! We'll sell billions of copies, and those hacks at Activision with their Call of Duty will be scrambling for cover.

Anyways, the hunter is the guy that chased you around in the first Dead Space that regenerated, yes.

I suppose this is correct, but it's basically a side effect of what Tacitus_ described previously.

Thread was moving a bit in that moment, so it was posted probably while I was putting it together. Need to remember to refresh more often in the future.

Saty

OP doesn't mention:
And the team is hard at work on a top secret additional story that will be coming in a few weeks. We're not saying much, yet - but think "disturbing" to get your imaginations going.

evangd007

Pure Survival sounds interesting. I hope it's is balanced though, resource management can be cagey if the game isn't built around that system.

please no trophy for the hardcore

I want an achievement for this sorry :(
There is.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space-3/achievements/
G5xicMK.jpg

It will be the death of me but it'll be so satisfying to hear that "Bing!" trophy sound.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
1-life no death AND as many saves as I want? That's... that's awesome :O! Sign me up for that mode.

Top Bottom