• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eleven: Who Gives a Fuck? We Elected Our Hitler.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So would the Ohio State-Michigan loser still be in (if both teams win their next game)? It would literally be a playoff SF (#2 vs. #3)

No way a 2 loss non-champ is still in the mix, barring some extreme chaos around the country. Even Bama would be out if they somehow lost both the Iron Bowl and SEC championship.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
the committee has said it themselves, they chose the 4 best teams not the 4 most deserving. Penn st does not fall into the former.
Dude, they beat you... if they win the B1G, they're in and tOSU is out, without outside help.

Sotha_Sil

We have a top 10 defense and offense(heisman frontrunner commitee) and yall not giving us respect.
We didnt lose to an unranked opponent we lost to Clemson at Death Valley by 6 due to James Quick not staying in bounds for crying out loud. Losing to a team you were favorited as a 21 point favorite and losing their starting qb leaves them at the same spot? The hell?

Problem is your schedule lacks quality wins. The committee likes to see this above all else. Washington's resume is closest to you, and they could potentially pick up two more ranked wins (Wazzou and Pac south champ).

Alabama: #13, #16, #19, #25
Ohio state: #7, #9, #18
Michigan: #7, #8, #10
Clemson: #5, #15, #17

Washington: #12, #24

Louisville: #17

Not to fear, I suspect OSU will knock them out of contention. Washington is the team Louisville needs to worry about.

Disagree. Conference champions will override them. This assumes a Penn State or Wisconsin B1G Champ, a Clemson ACC Champ, and a WVU or Washington 1-loss Big XII / Pac 12 Champ.

but they are weighted.. right now that's not in the equation, but it will boost teams when it's added to their resume

Again it depends WHO the conference champs are. I can't see Oklahoma or any team from the Pac 12 sans Washington...maybe Colorado..or Wisconsin getting in ahead of them. I mean you would seriously take Wisconsin ahead of a team they lost to who in theory also just beat the other team that beat them?

You think you get in over a B1G champion PSU who beat you?

100% or both teams get in. The only way I can POSSIBLY see only psu and not osu getting in (with both winning out) is if Penn st absolutely curb stomps Wiscy in the champ game and OSU looks like absolute dog shit again UM and wins on some flukey play.

All will be moot, PSU wont beat wiscy.

mre

100% or both teams get in. The only way I can POSSIBLY see only psu and not osu getting in (with both winning out) is if Penn st absolutely curb stomps Wiscy in the champ game and OSU looks like absolute dog shit again UM and wins on some flukey play.
Ridiculous. Without UDub or Clemson fucking up, which isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Karl2177

Full week 11 results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j9Iwbh7nUJ75ZlSO9KdAeGcDsSoK7MUgpgGHAbFVVaM/edit?usp=sharing

Top 20
Code:
Total	Username
90	jstevenson
90	sf2fanatic
88	Dsyndrome
88	MrJames
87	ag
84	zyxwvu4321
83	FloydtheFathead
82	Karl2177
81	ErnieMcCracken
80	felixorion
78	bpfd
77	BTM
77	jfkgoblue
76	Bucknuticus
75	Mac the KNife
75	Subitai
74	perfectchaos007
74	ryseing
73	cashman
73	Deacon

Totals
Code:
Week 11	Total	Username
0	47	Affeinvasion
6	87	ag
0	64	AlteredBeast
6	68	andycapps
0	29	Battlezone
0	30	BertramCooper
0	10	Bigskinny0310
7	78	bpfd
6	77	BTM
7	76	Bucknuticus
5	73	cashman
6	72	Chicko1983
0	6	Chris R
6	73	Deacon
0	29	DorkLord54
8	88	Dsyndrome
6	81	ErnieMcCracken
6	80	felixorion
0	7	fgfdgdfg
6	83	FloydtheFathead
0	8	Frank Beamer
0	26	Frustrated_Grunt
5	71	Ganhyun
0	10	Garryk
0	40	GoldenEye 007
0	28	Googly Eyes Dog
0	14	GreenyMac
0	9	HeySeuss
0	16	Jerm411
6	77	jfkgoblue
0	8	Jhriad
7	90	jstevenson
5	82	Karl2177
0	10	Kawl_USC
0	9	Kenpokesbabrie
0	25	KingBrave1
0	10	LionPride
0	30	Lizardking
0	70	Lonestar
5	75	Mac the KNife
8	63	Monroeski
0	8	mre
7	88	MrJames
0	12	nobuyuki
0	34	OceanicAir
6	74	perfectchaos007
5	58	Quake1028
6	74	ryseing
7	90	sf2fanatic
0	13	Stooge
8	75	Subitai
0	23	Surge
0	50	Tebunker
0	5	tetromibi
0	54	TheLetdown
0	44	timetokill
0	4	Titanoboa
7	68	truly101
0	8	whytemyke
0	32	xeris
0	44	Yaboosh
6	84	zyxwvu4321

Next week's up shortly.

Ryuuroden

Penn state going to start declining now, too many injuries, it's not going to be easy for them to win it all. I wouldn't put past them losing before the end of the regular season despite how terrible their remaining opponent's are.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Full week 11 results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j9Iwbh7nUJ75ZlSO9KdAeGcDsSoK7MUgpgGHAbFVVaM/edit?usp=sharing

Top 20
Code:
Total	Username
90	jstevenson
90	sf2fanatic
88	Dsyndrome
88	MrJames
87	ag
84	zyxwvu4321
83	FloydtheFathead
82	Karl2177
81	ErnieMcCracken
80	felixorion
78	bpfd
77	BTM
77	jfkgoblue
76	Bucknuticus
75	Mac the KNife
75	Subitai
74	perfectchaos007
74	ryseing
73	cashman
73	Deacon

Totals
Code:
Week 11	Total	Username
0	47	Affeinvasion
6	87	ag
0	64	AlteredBeast
6	68	andycapps
0	29	Battlezone
0	30	BertramCooper
0	10	Bigskinny0310
7	78	bpfd
6	77	BTM
7	76	Bucknuticus
5	73	cashman
6	72	Chicko1983
0	6	Chris R
6	73	Deacon
0	29	DorkLord54
8	88	Dsyndrome
6	81	ErnieMcCracken
6	80	felixorion
0	7	fgfdgdfg
6	83	FloydtheFathead
0	8	Frank Beamer
0	26	Frustrated_Grunt
5	71	Ganhyun
0	10	Garryk
0	40	GoldenEye 007
0	28	Googly Eyes Dog
0	14	GreenyMac
0	9	HeySeuss
0	16	Jerm411
6	77	jfkgoblue
0	8	Jhriad
7	90	jstevenson
5	82	Karl2177
0	10	Kawl_USC
0	9	Kenpokesbabrie
0	25	KingBrave1
0	10	LionPride
0	30	Lizardking
0	70	Lonestar
5	75	Mac the KNife
8	63	Monroeski
0	8	mre
7	88	MrJames
0	12	nobuyuki
0	34	OceanicAir
6	74	perfectchaos007
5	58	Quake1028
6	74	ryseing
7	90	sf2fanatic
0	13	Stooge
8	75	Subitai
0	23	Surge
0	50	Tebunker
0	5	tetromibi
0	54	TheLetdown
0	44	timetokill
0	4	Titanoboa
7	68	truly101
0	8	whytemyke
0	32	xeris
0	44	Yaboosh
6	84	zyxwvu4321

Next week's up shortly.

Fell out by missing 1 vote :(

Subitai

Penn state going to start declining now, too many injuries, it's not going to be easy for them to win it all. I wouldn't put past them losing before the end of the regular season despite how terrible their remaining opponent's are.
Yeah, MSU totally looks like they could take advantage of all the injuries on the oline.

I didn't realize that Playstation bought the rights to the Fiesta Bowl. I guess Playstation is a better brand than Battle Frog, but I'll probably always still associate the Fiesta Bowl with Tostitos

mre

NOTE: The Buckeyes have faced MSU seven times in November or later with a top 5 ranking. They've won just twice.
How many of those seven times were MSU 3-7 and only avoiding being last place in their division by virtue of sharing a division with Rutgers? I'll hang up and listen.

Ohio State is the Lock of the Week.

200.gif

tebunker

Banned
Ahahahaha oh man that's perfect.

So Chaos would be anOSU losing to MSU, but then trouncing UM. PSU and Wiscy win out, Wiscy wins BIG or os that irrelevant at this point? I guess what I am saying is that the weight of the CFB universe is on Urb's shoulders and I am not sure there is enough Papa John's for that.

It's another ho hum week overall this week too. Honestly Thanksgiving weekend is gonna be insane.

ryseing

Catching up on the CFP rankings-

This is why we need to go to eight. tOSU might end up not being a conference champion, but their resume is the best of anyone in contention. Meanwhile, if Penn State wins the B1G it's hard to make a case against them especially since they beat tOSU and would also have a win over a ranked West opponent in the CCG.

At this point unless further chaos breaks loose, there are eight teams in contention for three spots, each of which has at least one sizable flaw in their resume. (I'm counting WVU if they win out as they would be B12 champs and 11-1).

Two loss team is getting in this year. I feel it.

andycapps

Nothing hurts me anymore. Glad you guys beat Auburn though. At least one of us can beat a team from the west.

Also, I hate Auburn.
We agree on that. And yeah, at least we have one of the two wins the East has over the West. We've had a win against the West now for 5 straight years. Believe the rest of the East has the next highest at 2 years. So that's something I guess.

Joey Kaufman ‏@joeyrkaufman 2h2 hours ago
On a neutral field, USC would be favored against 120 of the other 127 FBS teams, according to @RJinVegas.

Kinda amazing to think about considering a few weeks ago we talked about them possibly not making a bowl game this year. Obviously the schedule got easier, but the team does appear to be more disciplined and better coached, and then there's the X-Factor in Sam Darnold.

Also all your Pac-12 South title scenarios:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42231378&nid=635

If Colorado and Utah win this weekend then next weekends game becomes the Pac-12 South Title game. Things only get interesting if one of Colorado and Utah loses this weekend and USC wins.

Also ESPN with a nice piece on Mike MacIntyre. Some quotes from Duke's coach. Also in this piece we find out that Tennessee saved Colorado by hiring Butch Jones first.

Draxal

We'll lose, Sparty will beat them.

As a cards fan I guess playoffs wont be happenning oh well this season been a fun ride excited for next year even more.
GG guys hope yall do well in the playoffs.
Im throwing the towel.

With the first snow approaching, why does the south shut down during snow while us northerners go out and get some ice cream?

FauxPelini or Big12Refs which is the better Twitter account?

I spent a short amount of time in Texas as a young child because my father was in the military. Once it snowed 1/4 of an inch and they closed our school because they couldn't afford to heat it.

Apparently Helfrich didn't get a single question from the media on the conference call today. Ouch.

Oregon fans thought he was getting canned this past Monday, but it seems now like he will at least last the season. There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about how if they let him finish out his contract and they suck again its another year removed from when they were relevant and their chances of being relevant again fall further away.

I think it was in one of Stewart Mandel's recent mailbags where he talked about how most programs reset themselves to their historical level at some point, and rarely does one coach raise a program to a new standard (an example he used was Bill Snyder at K-State). I think his point was that Oregon should at least be comfortable as a 7 to 9 win program most years and that a 3ish win season is not what will be their norm, but that at the same time they probably shouldn't consider themselves in the class of programs where sub 10 wins is a bad season (ie the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world).

Top Bottom