• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I don't understand how a 4th dimensional axis would cause supernatural stuff to happen anyway.

It doesn't.

"Dimension" is the most misused term in all of science-fiction. I think sometimes they might be referring to a different 3D space at a different 4th dimensional location (think of different 2D planes at various Z-locations) but most of the time its just technobabble garbage.

cntr

Banned
A story about going between 3d planes would also be pretty cool, but that's probably too hard to imagine and do well.

...I think there's a Terry Pratchett story with that premise though, hmm.

Also, since the real universe is four dimensional, aren't they moving along a 5d axis? Unless time is a shared axis along all universes, I guess, but that'd still make it a 5d universe-thing.

Morlas

It's hard for us to understand something more than 3 dimensions since thats how we perceive the world anyway, but yeah it's dumb, like i get when someone says dimension as in a different plane of reality with a different history, but like a higher dimensional space is usually just dumb, which is fine if the author understands that and just has fun with the concept.

cntr

Banned
it's sometimes fun to think about how you could design a 4d platformer

the best non-confusing idea I've thought is having it be based on 3d intersections of a 4d world, so it'd be more like a weird 3d platformer.

TooamiGAF, in the tradition of watching movies that might be terrible for the enjoyment of others on this forum, I'm gonna go see the new Gits movie next week. I got a free ticket from Crunchyroll. If you've never made a Crunchyroll account then you can get one too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
here's why Unicorn is bad: regardless of what you thought about them, try to imagine the characters in IBO, and visualize what their overall personality was like. try remembering what their names were, too.

now try doing the same for Unicorn.

All I am getting are various shapes of polystyrene.

Morlas

It's kinda like trying to put all of part 1 naruto in a single movie, you could but everything about it would be so rushed you'd be completely lost by the end.

cntr

Banned
I really like Unicorn's visuals, music, and sound design, but I don't like the characters, the dialogue, and the direction the plot goes in.

Fuckin' newtype bullshit.

But Gundam is full of newtype horseshit...it gets worse towards the end and I frankly do hate Unicorns ending...a lot. It's at it's worst when you have Banana thirsty for some chick he has only known for two minutes.

Banagher: "Audrey, I want you to need me."
Me: "Banagher, dude calm down you just fucking met her."

I mean it's not as crazy as CCA's ending...I think, but that at least made...some type of sense.

Morlas

burning-finger-o.gif

Jarate

Banned
I might like Unicorn more if I watched other UC stuff

I don't actively dislike it, but I havent been paying any attention to it at all.

Morlas

You know what they should just have Kamina and Simon be the protags for every Mecha show, at leas they wouldn't get all mopey and bitchy about every little thing.

Morlas

I still can't get that episode of Jack out of my head...I seriously don't think i've ever been on the edge of my seat that hard for anything else.

Raxus

What rough edges did Attack on Titan had?

Never watched it.

Unfinished animations, still frames, purple bricks. The DVD's fixed a bunch of the stuff in the original airing and that was what was broadcast on Toonami but the still frames and other shortcuts were still there.

I still can't get that episode of Jack out of my head...I seriously don't think i've ever been on the edge of my seat that hard for anything else.

Last time I remember was actually another Samurai Jack episode where he was fighting a Ninja and the entire second half the episode had no dialogue with the two fighting through a white and black background.

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown004

"It's a long one this week as we give One Piece its final send-off, say some unkind things about Naruto Shippuden, talk about whitewashing in anime adaptations, do Green Goblin impressions from that first Spider-Man movie, imagine Frieza as a Z fighter, apply Jojo accents to Sword Art Online, and make valuable contributions to the mafia community."

This week's episode is almost 2 hours and 40 minutes, so there's a handful of timestamps in the description - the news section goes on for quite a while because we talk at length about Shippuden's quality as an adaptation and whitewashing in anime adaptations. The One Piece send-off is also pretty long.

reminder that you can subscribe to us through any podcast app now

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One of these days, I need to find a podcast app that works for me. I just open up Soundcloud on my phone & download it that way, along with the others that I listen to, like Giant Bomb.

Though considering how busy it's been at the movies lately, I totally welcome a longer episode.

Morlas

So Power Rangers was pretty good, not the best action movie ever but it had fun characters and action, and thats what I want out of a PR movie so i came back satisfied, hoping for a sequel with Zed and Tommy.

So are you guys gonna keep up with One piece now that its off the block? I will I'am an online watcher after all, no cable and such so it doesn't really effect my viewing in anyway.

But probably gonna hold off on Tokyo Ghoul until Jojo is over, it'd be too much to cram into 1 day

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, I'm not gonna bother with the anime anymore.

I'll just stick with the manga like I've been doing ever since Nami fought that soap soap fruit woman at Enies Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom