• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
How these make me feel;
tumblr_o8l1q5i6zB1uwii26o2_540.gif

Didn't take Joker as a hugger type. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kibbles

Anyone able to get the lossless tv spots from pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/suicidesquad // however people find those links ??? :3

If I had a concern about WW, and Black Panther to an extent, is having the leads with thick accents. Make me wonder if other amazons will adopt her accent or go with a standard English accent.

I think it will be a mix on themyscira tbh. Robin Wright will prolly sound American. Hippolyta English, the other lady will have a Spanish accent. Multi ethnic island and all that.

ReiGun

My daughter is watching Power Rangers: Dino Charge and I have to say this show puts the collateral damage in Man of Steel to shame, lol.

Every season of Power Rangers/Super Sentai sees the deaths of countless civilians. And no one ever really addresses it in most cases.

IconGrist

Hey at least the new logo says DC and not whatever the hell the previous logo tried to do. I get it's D sticker peeled back to expose the C but it's super dumb. Worst logo.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Suicide Squad is going to be great isn't it

Going to avoid further spoilers/trailers, want to go in fresh this time. Hope it does not disappoint. You assholes better spoilertag everything, even little details.

I'm going to start avoiding Suicide Squad stuff soon. I consumed every piece of BvS information all the way up until I left for the theater and I regret it.

IconGrist

Going to avoid further spoilers/trailers, want to go in fresh this time. Hope it does not disappoint. You assholes better spoilertag everything, even little details.

I'm going to write them out in pig latin and you're just going to have to deal.

a916

I think I said I was going to go on media blackout about 6 different times during the months leading up to BvS, I wish I could, but I doubt I will.

Ahasverus

You say that, but after the moment a drop of spoiler ectasy drips down from a white bar post, you will lick it like the hype leeches you are.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to write them out in pig latin and you're just going to have to deal.

You say that, but after the moment a drop of spoiler ectasy drips down from a white bar post, you will lick it like the hype leeches you are.

I will END both of you. Like how Batman ended Superman in BvS.
just say the name of the thing I love and we'll be best buds again!

J_Viper

Suicide Squad is going to be great isn't it
I believe in Ayer, but those two recent spots have me a bit nervous. I'm not a fan of them leaning to heavy on the quips.

Could just be a bad commercial though. We all remember how terrible that BOYS BvS trailer was.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I believe in Ayer, but those two recent spots have me a bit nervous. I'm not a fan of them leaning to heavy on the quips.

Yeah this is what I'm nervous about as well. On the hand it's Ayer, but all the rumours about how funny it is...I hear the same thing about Marvel movies and have laughed maybe 3 times in total so far with their movies. The forces quips are just so awful. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned go as dark as you want. Fuck it, go NC-17.

Show me that Joker/Harley sex scene, Ayer. SHOW IT TO ME!

I told you people, but you did not want to listen! My man Zack ain't letting me down, it's the Batverse now.

Though, killing Supes in the sequel to MoS....

That was just kicking the fans while they were down. You poor souls.

a916

I told you people, but you did not want to listen! My man Zack ain't letting me down, it's the Batverse now.

Though, killing Supes in the sequel to MoS....

That was just kicking the fans while they were down. You poor souls.

They told me you would stumble and fall before you joined us in the sun.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't predictions wait until like two weeks from release. That's when people are usually talking and what not
That's why it's a "Long Range" forecast.

More info though...

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-suicide-squad-founder-nine-lives/

Suicide Squad (Warner Bros.)

PROS:

– A strong recognisable cast top-lined by Will Smith who is about as experienced as it gets for summer blockbuster hits.

– Social media has been electric for the release, both Twitter and Facebook. It has been in the top 10 weekly Twitter charts every week of 2016 so far and is one of only two films (the other being Avengers: Age Of Ultron) to see two separate trailers generate over 200,000 tweets in a single day.

– Sequels have had trouble at times this summer living up to previous expectations. Suicide Squad is a net new film property which, though based off of popular comic characters, is a very different type of superhero film. Walking partially in the tracks started by Deadpool it focuses on anti-heroes and villains which should prove to be a refreshing deviation from the numerous comic adaptations that have come before it.

– Arguably the most famous villain ever is The Joker, and this film will mark his first return to the screen since the late Heath Ledger’s Oscar-winning performance in The Dark Knight. Jared Leto’s performance is already drawing a lot of attention to the film in and of itself and is yet another reason for its huge social media footprint.

CONS:

– Aside from The Joker and arguably Harley Quinn many of the characters in the film are not household names which could limit its overall reach.

– The fact that the film pushed for a PG-13 rating could work against Warner Bros. in the longrun since this will severely limit the type of carnage and gruesome acts that can be portrayed. Effectively pulling out much of the teeth the film could potentially have had, especially in light of how effective Deadpool was at offering an adult comic adaptation without sacrificing box office revenue.

antovolk

ICYMI: there's a guy apparently who's seen the BvS extended who posted some stuff about it in the thread for the trailer.

antovolk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227151&page=17

That person hasn't seen the theatrical so can't really say how much of an improvement it is.

Sounds like totally as expected - a more coherent version of the film but those who dislike it for more fundamental reasons (i.e. 'not my Bats/Supes', Martha, Mark Luthorberg) will still dislike it.

What struck me though was
Malone's supposed role.
She's apparently a contact Lois reaches out to to find out about the bullet. She is named but guy doesn't remember who.

Also the
infamous email scene that harmed the pacing of the TC leading into the fight is still there, unsurprisingly. what I wonder is if it's positioned differently so it doesn't fuck up the pacing as much

Ross61

Making some Suicide Squad predictions. I think
Echantress, Slipknot, Diablo, and possibly Rick Flagg
are the ones that die.

IconGrist

READY FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF 4CHAN RUMORS????

- DC films will be changing and WB will be announcing new films at SDCC 2016.

Suicide Squad- August 5th, 2016
Wonder Woman- June 2nd, 2017
Justice League- November 17th, 2017
The Flash- March 16th, 2018
Aquaman- July 27th, 2018
Suicide Squad Two- October 5th, 2018
Shazam- April 5th, 2019
The Batman- June 14th, 2019
Justice League Two- November 1st, 2019
The Man of Tomorrow- April 3rd, 2020
Green Lantern Corps- July 24th, 2020
Birds of Prey- October 2nd, 2020
Crime Syndicate- April 16th, 2021
The Bat Man 2- July 2nd 2021
Justice League- November 5th, 2021

- A Man of Steel sequel is in development. The film is expected to be more character driven. General Sam Lane will be the main antagonist alongside a terrorist group that uses stolen Apocalyptian and Kryptonian weapons.

- Deathstroke will be in Suicide Squad Two. Deadshot, Rick Flagg, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Katana and Captain Boomerang will be returning. Onslaught will be the villain.

- Justice League will have a definitive ending. I won't be a two part film.

- Barry and Victor are best friends in Justice League. Both will bond on the fact that they lost their mothers and life didn't turn out how they expected. Flash is a huge Batman fan and geeks out every time Batman complements him.

- The Crime Syndicate film will focus on the origins of the characters and how they dominated the Anti-Matter universe. Zack Snyder will reunite with his Watchmen team for the film. The film will also introduce the Anti-Monitor.

- Maxwell Lord and Vandal Savage have been discussed as future Justice League villains.

- Reverse Flash will be the main villain in the Flash movie. Ares will be the main villain in Wonder Woman.

- Xebel will appear in the Aquaman film.

I'd be fine if all that turned out to be true.

However, I think I'd flip the Suicide Squad sequel and Batman dates. Ayer still has Bright to start and finish. I don't see how he'd fit it in. He'd have to start SS2 filming at some point next summer/fall to make 2018.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
They told me you would stumble and fall before you joined us in the sun.

I'll pull all of you into the darkness. Here in Batmanland, we have no hope and no light. Join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom