• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Somnia

They should really send an update out on why the xbox store doesn't have it up yet. Just tweet about it please! lol

JDHarbs

Apparently there is a spawn preference in the settings to increase your chances of playing as Jason.

Got him my first match :)

They should really send an update out on why the xbox store doesn't have it up yet. Just tweet about it please! lol
So much for that midnight release date on xbox :/
For real. 20 minutes now.
Apparently Xbox downloads are borked at the moment in general. People who got their Backerkit codes claim that the game isn't even installing, is stuck at 0% and is downloading in Apps instead of Games.

Maybe they're trying to rectify that before launching it publicly?

BTW if you guys want to play as Jason, make sure to set him as your preference under Customize. Just a higher chance to get him.

mas8705

While I'm disappointed that it hasn't popped up yet, there could be an issue with the servers tonight since I tried to download Gwent and Portal Knights and apparently neither are showing up. Don't know if this might have anything to do with Game Pass launching, but it seems like there are a few issues this evening.

jond76

Banned
While I'm disappointed that it hasn't popped up yet, there could be an issue with the servers tonight since I tried to download Gwent and Portal Knights and apparently neither are showing up. Don't know if this might have anything to do with Game Pass launching, but it seems like there are a few issues this evening.

he store is all jacked up for me too. I was able to redeem my token but it's stuck at 0%. Farts.

Played a few games.

Jason is OP until you reach level 4 when A.J Mason gets unlocked. The default Councelors are useless because they make too much noise and their fear levels go up too quick.

Stiler

Ok, got picked to play Tommy one match finally, can someone tell me if he's meant to be hunting Jason WHY does your screen artifact when near him?

I was protecting the other counselors who were fixing the car and Jason comes in, I go to take aim with his one-shot shotgun and then my screen starts getting all VHS style artifacting and I couldn't see shit and totally missed him and then got choked out...

Tommy should be immune to being "scared" and having your screen get all wonky when near Jason...

Genryu

Banned
Ok, got picked to play Tommy one match finally, can someone tell me if he's meant to be hunting Jason WHY does your screen artifact when near him?

I was protecting the other counselors who were fixing the car and Jason comes in, I go to take aim with his one-shot shotgun and then my screen starts getting all VHS style artifacting and I couldn't see shit and totally missed him and then got choked out...

Tommy should be immune to being "scared" and having your screen get all wonky when near Jason...

I think the VHS artifacting happens to tell you that Jason is in the middle of teleporting or shifting, it's not a fear thing.

In addition to Xbox having issues with downloads and service interruptions right now, the official Twitter account for the game is arguing with the Xbox Support Twitter over the launch date for the game. This is... well, this is unlike anything I've ever seen before.
Tr4Bh0q_d.jpg

nyA8CWI_d.jpg

Severance

With everyone being new to the game, it seems the counselors are having a tough time with Jason. As it should be. People will only get better of course.

Also, is there no way to map push for talk on controllers for PC? Maybe im not making sense of it

Played about 6 games so far.. Died every single time. Some changes I've noticed from the beta.. The lack of a map at the start really hurts your ability to survive as a counsellor.

I also have no idea how to repair the phone battery anymore. Whenever I see the box, there's just a wrench symbol over it with no option to interact? Is there some kind of tool you need to find?

Getting hit by Jason a minute into a match feels like crap as well. Being forced to sit in a 20 minute match with no ability to interact with the game is really tedious. I'm hoping my survivability improves, the beta felt much easier to play as a counsellor.

Teepo671

Check your add ons for the game.

Hrm. Addons section isn't available yet. I can only check the Overview, Trending and Friends/Communities section of the game and the overview option just says, 'Check back soon!' Ah well, guess I'll just need to wait a little longer to grab the theme. At least I should be able to try the game in another hour or so!

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
In addition to Xbox having issues with downloads and service interruptions right now, the official Twitter account for the game is arguing with the Xbox Support Twitter over the launch date for the game. This is... well, this is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Wow. That's very fucked up. Enjoying it on Steam though. There are still a few rough bits but it's improved from the beta without a doubt. Tense as ever no doubt.

Played about 6 games so far.. Died every single time. Some changes I've noticed from the beta.. The lack of a map at the start really hurts your ability to survive as a counsellor.

I also have no idea how to repair the phone battery anymore. Whenever I see the box, there's just a wrench symbol over it with no option to interact? Is there some kind of tool you need to find?

Getting hit by Jason a minute into a match feels like crap as well. Being forced to sit in a 20 minute match with no ability to interact with the game is really tedious. I'm hoping my survivability improves, the beta felt much easier to play as a counsellor.

You have to find the fuse to repair the phone box. It's usually in a drawer someone around the general area.

Wow. That's very fucked up. Enjoying it on Steam though. There are still a few rough bits but it's improved from the beta without a doubt. Tense as ever no doubt.

You have to find the fuse to repair the phone box. It's usually in a drawer someone around the general area.

Thank you! Does anyone else have any other counsellor advice by the way? Are any better than others so far? Are the perks worth it? I'm struggling.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Thank you! Does anyone else have any other counsellor advice by the way? Are any better than others so far? Are the perks worth it? I'm struggling.

I've only got the default and I just unlocked the rocker chick. I find I do well by crouching a lot and walking slow. Also I always barricade the doors and set any traps in the doorways. Tend to do ok. Course right now most are learning. When everyone gets Jason down it's gonna get a lot harder.

Jason being able to voice chat with the counselors is amazing

Yup. Played with one group for a bit. Jason was singing songs as he chased people down. The game makes for some hilarious voice chat when you get a good group that isn't calling everyone the N & F words, and yelling for everyone to ready the fuck up as soon as they load in.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hrm. Addons section isn't available yet. I can only check the Overview, Trending and Friends/Communities section of the game and the overview option just says, 'Check back soon!' Ah well, guess I'll just need to wait a little longer to grab the theme. At least I should be able to try the game in another hour or so!
That's weird, when I hit down while highlighting the game on the dashboard the last selectable section is PlayStation Store, and that's where it has the theme.

I've only got the default and I just unlocked the rocker chick. I find I do well by crouching a lot and walking slow. Also I always barricade the doors and set any traps in the doorways. Tend to do ok. Course right now most are learning. When everyone gets Jason down it's gonna get a lot harder.

Yup. Played with one group for a bit. Jason was singing songs as he chased people down. The game makes for some hilarious voice chat when you get a good group that isn't calling everyone the N & F words, and yelling for everyone to ready the fuck up as soon as they load in.

Yep. The voice chat is key to the enjoyment of this game. The first couple of matches I was in were full of your typical voice chat but the third was really special.

Played a few more games. Yeah, the game becomes a pushover with A.J. Mason. I escaped all three games with the car without getting hit and only seen once (before driving away). They gotta sort the balance out with her because there's no point in playing the other Councelors lol

Stiler

lmao, just played a game where I escaped in the boat while the rest of my team was repairing the car. I respawn as Tommy and then as two of my team mates are leaving I go to the road they are coming down and they literally plow into me. The whole lobby starts laughing and making jokes about it, was hilarious.

People that actually talk and use mics make the game 100% more enjoyable.

I think I'll head to bed, no point waiting around for Microsoft to pull their shit together, especially not when I have a three hour drive and meetings ahead of me tomorrow afternoon and it's already closing in on 1 a.m.

Hope ya'll playing have fun! Hopefully I'll get in tomorrow night.

Played four or five maps. This game is really fun, if rough around the edges. Even playing as Jason, not something I enjoy in asymmetrical online games usually, feels good.

Hexer06

Got my Kickstarter code for Xbox, just gotta hope they fix the downloading problem soon. I gotta head to bed for work tomorrow though. Can't wait to play this again. I hope Xbox ppl will use mics, lol. The Beta was a blast to play! :D

RhyDin

My biggest complaint in the beta is still present in retail release - opening and closing doors is annoying and can be accidental of which side you end up on. Also, locking them is done by holding the same button you open them with and sometimes they don't open or close (or visually, at least, leaving you with no idea whether or not you are protected) due to a bug.

Tons of other weird glitches within my first few games. I guess you can't polish a turd.

Top Bottom