• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Empty

conte's strength is finding a single ruthlessly effective setup and playing it incredibly consistently to stomp over all the average teams in a league season. i think you can see his limitations in a manager in how allegri's juve won three coppa italias (conte - zero) and got to the cl final in two of his three seasons (conte - flopped) - these are tournaments that require tactically agile managers.

i think chelsea will drop off next year. people will start to figure out the 3-4-3 and be prepared, plus i think their attack has a few weaknesses and they depended on hazard and costa being incredibly clutch at crucial moments this year which is hard to repeat, especially when you have more games, like we've seen with vardy & mahrez. however this point is premature till i see how conte adds to his squad.

First team to spend 500m in a season?

Possibly if other attacking/midfield targets are brought in but looks more like 400m at this rate. Could potentially just be City helping Monaco push up the price of Mbappe for Real though. Especially after rumours earlier in the season that City weren't prepared to pay over €90m for him.

casiopao

conte's strength is finding a single ruthlessly effective setup and playing it incredibly consistently to stomp over all the average teams in a league season. i think you can see his limitations in a manager in how allegri's juve won three coppa italias (conte - zero) and got to the cl final in two of his three seasons (conte - flopped) - these are tournaments that require tactically agile managers.

i think chelsea will drop off next year. people will start to figure out the 3-4-3 and be prepared, plus i think their attack has a few weaknesses and they depended on hazard and costa being incredibly clutch at crucial moments this year which is hard to repeat, especially when you have more games, like we've seen with vardy & mahrez. however this point is premature till i see how conte adds to his squad.

I don't think Conte 3 consecutive Scudetto with average player in Juventus early period means that Conte is not a good tactician. I mean, he literally bring a bang average Azurri to take down Spain and come close to taking down Germany in Euro.

The biggest problem most Juventini had with Conte is how he don't know how to rotate his player piece.

His biggest mistake which i still remember is how he uses a full main team on a easy game and end up causing us out of Group Stages. I mean wut? Why??? Other than that, Conte is still a really important figure which paved us to our glory now.^^

Dark Rider

I like you!
A pity that Oviedo failed again this season ti promote :(. Well asturian derbi next season yay

zVpSrNp.png

Grazie Francesco, grazie.

I don't know that it means to support my Roma without Totti. He's been there literally all my life. So many tears today.

Tunoku

End of an era.

4aAZYS7.gif

A living legend. What a player.

Also what the fuck was up with Dzeko this seaon? I don't follow the Serie A much but he scored like 39 goals and had 13 assists in 50 games??? That's a better rate than he had during his Wolfsburg years.

Beefy

City have made a bid around £40m for William Carvalho

😂

First club to spend a billion? 😂
I am joking... Or am I...

Beefy

SkyKaveh
Latest from Italy on Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic - Chelsea interested but he wants to move to Manchester United

Your new winger Utd fans.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like City might try and sign me for £40m soon. Do they even have an upper limit? isn't this what FFP was for?

Jarnet87

SkyKaveh
Latest from Italy on Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic - Chelsea interested but he wants to move to Manchester United

Your new winger Utd fans.

huge waste of money ffs

Might be, but gotta believe in Mou. Let's see what the final price is. United could use a more traditional winger with so much of their attacking talent always looking to cut into the box. There is always the chance it's nonsense started by the selling party, how many times was Gaitan suppose to be a United player.

DBT85

...so they're willing to spend something like 30% more? How do they even jump to that kind of number?

Same way any team with deep pockets does.

"good day sir, I would like to buy your player"
"no"
"we will give you £30m"
"we will never sell"
"we really do want him, £45m?"
"congratulations on your new signing!"

Might be, but gotta believe in Mou. Let's see what the final price is. United could use a more traditional winger with so much of their attacking talent always looking to cut into the box.

I watch very little other football so I'll trust that he and his people know what they want more than I do. He did well last year and he'd had no time with the existing team, 12 months on he should have a much better idea of what he needs.

The money thing with United always comes up and my reply is always the same, its not my money, and the club have so much of it that it really doesn't matter. The new PL deal and now getting CL only pushes that further.

Beefy

Might be, but gotta believe in Mou. Let's see what the final price is. United could use a more traditional winger with so much of their attacking talent always looking to cut into the box. There is always the chance it's nonsense started by the selling party, how many times was Gaitan suppose to be a United player.

Pretty much everyone is saying he is going to United. He said bye to the Inter fans today after the match.

Icolin

Banned
Chivas win Liga MX over Tigres 2-1 in the second leg (4-3 agg).

Bullshit non call in the 94th minute though. Tigres should've been given a penalty.

So I have a question.

When your team wins, do you buy the shirt with which they became champion or the one with the new star?

It's been way too long since my team was champion and I don't know anymore, lol. I just promised myself I would get the shirt when they became champions, and they finally did.

casiopao

Manchester City in advanced talks to sign Benfica goalkeeper Ederson for £45m. Would be world record for keeper

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/868932780503314433

Crazy

The hell. He is not even half as good as Buffon. Wutttt.

A living legend. What a player.

Also what the fuck was up with Dzeko this seaon? I don't follow the Serie A much but he scored like 39 goals and had 13 assists in 50 games??? That's a better rate than he had during his Wolfsburg years.

Serie A had been famous to rejenuvate player which had been ruined by other leagues lol.

And this year, Roma and Napoli is having form of their life too. Check how many goals they pump every week lol.

Blue Lou

I've been reading about the events in Honduras. At least four people have died at today's Clausura final in Tegucigalpa in a stampede.

The match took place because fans were already in the stadium and security deemed it safer than risk another stampede.

Two people died in the stadium and another two died later in hospital. According to Terra, a minute's silence was held before the game for those who died before the game (I'm using Google Translate so that may not be quite right).

Some media reports say the mach was oversold.

RocknRola

Whelp. Spent about 2h in the rain to see my team lose the Portuguese Cup Final (2-1) :S

We woke up way to late in the game, and couldn't turn it around nor push it into Extra Time. Still proud of the lads (fairly young team this year) but it would have been awesome to win it for sure (would be our 2nd Cup in the competition).

Here's a link for the highlights (legal, just not sure if region blocked or not): http://vod.vsports.pt/vdo/tacaport/1617/EmtxBxv0HeOSyyqiZTjH2.mp4

Top Bottom